PDA

View Full Version : c3851fs not discoverable on network

Custom Search

joe.m1989
07-29-2019, 03:11 PM
we have a customer that has a c3851fs that upgraded from a c224e, which I consider a downgrade tbh. It seems like I can't discover it on either my phone or through windows printer discovery. They need this option enabled for people that print using their cell phones. I looked through the manual, and found that the only solution may be to have the customers download the pagescope mobile app, which isn't really going to work for this customer, has they allow the general public to connect to their network and print to that printer. Is there a specific setting that needs to be turned on, or is the printer pagescope mobile reliant? I showed the customer how to download and use the app, but all they want is simple printing. I know its not my phone because I'm back at HQ and I'm able to see older model printers on my phone's discovery no problem.

qbert69
07-29-2019, 03:34 PM
we have a customer that has a c3851fs that upgraded from a c224e, which I consider a downgrade tbh. It seems like I can't discover it on either my phone or through windows printer discovery. They need this option enabled for people that print using their cell phones. I looked through the manual, and found that the only solution may be to have the customers download the pagescope mobile app, which isn't really going to work for this customer, has they allow the general public to connect to their network and print to that printer. Is there a specific setting that needs to be turned on, or is the printer pagescope mobile reliant? I showed the customer how to download and use the app, but all they want is simple printing. I know its not my phone because I'm back at HQ and I'm able to see older model printers on my phone's discovery no problem.Does the machine have SNMP protocol enabled?[emoji848]

Sent from my SM-N950U1 using Tapatalk

joe.m1989
07-29-2019, 03:41 PM
Does the machine have SNMP protocol enabled?[emoji848]

Sent from my SM-N950U1 using Tapatalk

I didn't even think of that. But it does, we use FMAudit for meter obtaining and it reported today, so yes SNMP is enabled

Kimi
07-29-2019, 03:54 PM
Are you meaning Windows self discovery?

joe.m1989
07-29-2019, 04:28 PM
Its not showing up on either windows discovery or the phone discovery

Kimi
07-29-2019, 04:46 PM
Have you checked it has WSD enabled?

joe.m1989
07-29-2019, 06:39 PM
Have you checked it has WSD enabled?

Yes it is enabled, I made sure the dwps settings were on. I just remoted in and saw that windows services picked up the printer finally, I'm just not 100% about phones. I'm going to tell the customer that the phone printing is reliant on the pagescope mobile app just to get them situated. Thanks!

Synthohol
07-29-2019, 06:48 PM
WSD port printing is a joke.
Manually set the IP address. Port 9100 raw Never use a WSD port. That's amature hour.

guitar9199
07-29-2019, 07:00 PM
A couple of things to watch for....

If they're connecting to a "PUBLIC" network, by default File and Printer Sharing and Network Discovery are turned OFF! Check into that.

On the computers, check the Advanced properties for the ipV4 protocol. On the WINS tab, check if it's set to NetBIOS over DHCP. If it is, change it to NetBIOS over TCP/IP. NetBIOS over DCHP doesn't play well with network discovery.

While you're on the computer, check the Windows Firewall Advanced Sharing settings, and make sure File and Printer Sharing is enabled for Inbound Rules.

...good luck.

joe.m1989
07-29-2019, 07:50 PM
WSD port printing is a joke.
Manually set the IP address. Port 9100 raw Never use a WSD port. That's amature hour.

I agree, and it is set to static. They want this for visitors, not for on site users, as they have no on site IT. Every workstation they have is set to static, along with the printer. Its for visitors.

copier tech
07-29-2019, 08:58 PM
we have a customer that has a c3851fs that upgraded from a c224e, which I consider a downgrade tbh. It seems like I can't discover it on either my phone or through windows printer discovery. They need this option enabled for people that print using their cell phones. I looked through the manual, and found that the only solution may be to have the customers download the pagescope mobile app, which isn't really going to work for this customer, has they allow the general public to connect to their network and print to that printer. Is there a specific setting that needs to be turned on, or is the printer pagescope mobile reliant? I showed the customer how to download and use the app, but all they want is simple printing. I know its not my phone because I'm back at HQ and I'm able to see older model printers on my phone's discovery no problem.

Are you talking about AirPrint?

Try updating the FW.

Custom Search