PDA

View Full Version : CQ C951 C2210, & Developer pouring out of the dev unit from Mag roller.

Custom Search

damonc
07-30-2019, 01:14 PM
HELP!

Just serviced a 951 new drum, dev, wires etc.

Setup fine. After 1200 pages dev was leaking from mag roller, build up in the middle.

Even does it when rotated by hand out of the machine.

Any ideas?

POPEYE
07-30-2019, 01:24 PM
You should replace the new developer again with new developing unit to fix this problem

blackcat4866
07-30-2019, 01:31 PM
When you poured our the old developer, which direction did you turn the mag roller? If you turned the roller back against its normal direction of rotation you may have flipped the mylar underneath the mag roller. With this mylar flipped that mylar will scoop the developer off the roller and dump it below.

I've done this only once (I'm a quick learner). I do not recall precisely how I righted that mylar, but I can tell you that it did not require major disassembly. Mostly just vacuuming out ALL the developer, removing the small metal roller below, then using a spring hook to flip the mylar back. =^..^=

DigiMan
07-31-2019, 07:56 AM
When you poured our the old developer, which direction did you turn the mag roller? If you turned the roller back against its normal direction of rotation you may have flipped the mylar underneath the mag roller. With this mylar flipped that mylar will scoop the developer off the roller and dump it below.

I've done this only once (I'm a quick learner). I do not recall precisely how I righted that mylar, but I can tell you that it did not require major disassembly. Mostly just vacuuming out ALL the developer, removing the small metal roller below, then using a spring hook to flip the mylar back. =^..^=

Or you can blow it with a hair dryer to soften the mylar and make it bend by hand!BC i need a response in my "technique" lol

blackcat4866
08-01-2019, 01:13 AM
... BC i need a response in my "technique" lol

I would not have thought of the hair dryer, without your prompting. Hey, whatever works! =^..^=

kenpio
08-01-2019, 01:59 AM
I have had it that the lid for the developer was not put on the right way, the front where the mylar is was not in the groves, by the mag roller.

KEN

damonc
08-01-2019, 06:52 AM
All sorted, more dev in yesterday. Mylar was fine. Lid was defiantly on properly. Just one of those incidents. Dev unit not far from it's 8 million life. We'll see what happens. Cheers for the advice, it gave me something to go on.

allan
08-01-2019, 09:54 AM
Yea don't turn in the wrong direction. The mylar is a stainless steel sheet i believe. Bent one down with a Stanley blade before.
Fun if the dev jump out at you.

Custom Search