PDA

View Full Version : Bizhub 227

Custom Search

laser801
07-31-2019, 04:30 PM
Hey Copier World...I am a little in uncharted territory coming from Ricoh land... I have a Bizhub 227 that says Unable to use tray 2 no matter what I do after reset as well ... not familiar with this unit... Thinking lift motor but why does it say this with tray out after Pwr dwn and on ??? Little help would be much appreciated...Thnx ! Laser801

allan
07-31-2019, 04:39 PM
It is probably latched in service mode under trouble isolation. You need to toggle it to set oops unset then restart the machine.
Does it come up with an error code after startup?

Check the feed rollers or for paper behind the tray.

copier tech
07-31-2019, 04:43 PM
Hey Copier World...I am a little in uncharted territory coming from Ricoh land... I have a Bizhub 227 that says Unable to use tray 2 no matter what I do after reset as well ... not familiar with this unit... Thinking lift motor but why does it say this with tray out after Pwr dwn and on ??? Little help would be much appreciated...Thnx ! Laser801

Hi,

This happens after the customer has a jam, paper gets trapped behind the tray stopping the tray lift so the C227 will disable that tray.

All you need to do is enter CE mode go to system 1 trouble isolation set & set tray 2 to UNSET restart then set it back to SET.

Or reboot the machine holding down the yellow reset key & choose trouble reset. Turn off & on message cleared.

emujo2
07-31-2019, 08:22 PM
MFP self problem isolation (KMs)

If the device detects a problem that can be isolated the MFP usually displays a message and asks you to press (usually sleep) button. then cycle power. This will keep the affected part off line until power is cycled. Then the process repeats itself until problem is resolved. Going into service mode and isolating a function or part (tray 1, staple) is a little different and requires a trip back into service mode to unset. So, if tray 1 is self isolating, due to paper wedged behind tray, you should not have to go into service mode to resolve it...

tsbservice
08-01-2019, 11:42 AM
Agree, piece of paper mashed behind the tray into the lift coupling will prevent motor to lift tray in upper position. Remove paper, reboot, if C*** error appears, do trouble reset.

dave w
08-01-2019, 02:34 PM
Yes I see this all the time

paper jam - user opens the paper tray and the paper falls behind the paper tray - user closes the tray and the paper is then forced onto the tray sensors.

remove the draw restrictor on the left hand side [small bracket] - remove the paper and reboot.

you will then see all the paper trays ready for use

Dave w

laser801
08-01-2019, 05:15 PM
It is probably latched in service mode under trouble isolation. You need to toggle it to set oops unset then restart the machine.
Does it come up with an error code after startup?

Check the feed rollers or for paper behind the tray.

Thank You so much...I will...

laser801
08-01-2019, 05:17 PM
Hi,

This happens after the customer has a jam, paper gets trapped behind the tray stopping the tray lift so the C227 will disable that tray.

All you need to do is enter CE mode go to system 1 trouble isolation set & set tray 2 to UNSET restart then set it back to SET.

Or reboot the machine holding down the yellow reset key & choose trouble reset. Turn off & on message cleared.

Thanks ! I think You hit it on the head! There was a crumpled paper trapped on lift motor ... I will do reset...

laser801
08-01-2019, 05:20 PM
Hi,

Yes ! Thats exactly what happened...Thanks for the input...I will do the reset...

Custom Search