PDA

View Full Version : bizhub c3300i/c4000i IU problems

Custom Search

REGSIS
08-01-2019, 09:14 AM
Has anyone having problems with imaging units with these models?

One of the colours depleting toner and dumping it into waste toner box.

Also noted (on installation) too low or too high TCR ratios with coresponding service call and cca 300V difference from ither colours for Vg and Vdc.

Developer bumps on magnet roller and lack of developer on magnet roller.

tsbservice
08-01-2019, 10:35 AM
It is too early for us to say but your problems are strange. It's developer who dumps in WTB usually, when overtoning machine has CQ problems like foggy background etc do you have CQ problems?
Too high TCR ratio definitely isn't good like high voltages. Check SM for proper voltages.
Thanks for the warning.

REGSIS
08-01-2019, 09:50 PM
The only way (on these models) to transfer toner to WTB is from magnet roller to drum (and even transfer belt) without being transfer to paper.
Developing units of A3 color models have output to dispose surplus of developer to WTB. These models don't have that but only the output for toner scraped with drum cleaner.
Don't think it's a voltage problem because if there's no charge on magnet roller or primary charge roller that would be seen on paper like fully covered with particular color.
Difference in voltages can occur after image stabilization as machine try to compensate after reading weak (too light) patch from transfer belt in order to maintain image quality.

Could this be a FW problem?

P.S. Forgot to mention in my first post, when I tried to pull out problematic IU its drum was fully covered with toner.

fntsy
10-10-2019, 03:25 PM
Hi, I had the same problem with Bizhub C3300i.
The client changed the yellow toner on around 800 total pages and after around 100 pages the yellow is empty again. The waste toner box was almost full with a yellow toner. The drum on the yellow IU was covered with toner and the developer was depleted. I toped up the developer using one from Bizhub C220. The TCR ratio normalized at around 6,5% and that seems to fix the problem for now. I inspected the drum surface and it is clean. I don't know the initial reason developer was lost. What color is your problematic IU, REGSIS? I don't think the dumped toner passes through the transfer belt. I think the drum itself is faulty. Maybe the problem will reappear. Or maybe they just did't put enough developer initialy?

REGSIS
10-11-2019, 01:13 PM
I had problems with 5 of these. IU Y and C mostly.
Noticed that was happening with inital FW G00-23, and not with newly released G00-38 machines.
Also noted that these strange behavior starts after toner change and can also stop after toner change, and after that reappear again on next toner change.

There is no official solution, only information that a change of particular IU solved the problem, but i strongly recommend a FW update to G00-3B.

I had no chance to test it or solve the issue by myself because KM replaced problematic printers with new ones under warranty.

Bix
10-11-2019, 03:45 PM
At the moment I have no customer who replaced the toner but Konica Minolta before installation highly recommended me to use the FW G00-38 because the FW G00-23 is problematic

Now it is possible to upgrade to the G00-45 version. A big update will come soon.

tech51
10-11-2019, 06:50 PM
Avoid V45 at all costs.

It it has a bug that can brick the machine and is unrecoverable.

I would wait until the next release of firmware.

Bix
10-14-2019, 08:20 AM
Hi, can you give more details about the bug that can damage the mfp?

fntsy
10-14-2019, 10:23 AM
The firmware version on my faulty machine is G00-38. So that highly recommend version by KM is also not good. I also noticed the TCR values for IU C started going up and are now at 11%. I guess it will soon start to dump it's developer.

emujo2
10-14-2019, 05:36 PM
I think the problem dealt with BH secure..You need ver 45 to fully enable BH secure and if you partially enabled then went to ver 45 it couold cause a problem..We were told not to enable BH secure until ver 45 was released. I have not heard of any other issues caused by this release. E

TonerTrouble
10-14-2019, 05:49 PM
It is my belief that Konica is having a large problem with the TCR sensors. I have similar problems on a 3350. It took 4 Y IU to get a good one. And you can imagine the run around in between. The TCR sensors are not reading and reporting reality.

tech51
10-15-2019, 12:01 PM
Hi, can you give more details about the bug that can damage the mfp?
It sometimes causes an error code because it changes the storage option to CF instead of hdd.
This isn’t usually a problem because it can be changed back but it V45 doesn’t display the buttons necessary to change it and then you are stuck with an error code you can’t get rid of.

It doesn’t always do it though so it’s a bit of a lottery.

We have been advised not to update to this version.

This is in Europe though.

Dont know now if it’s the same in other regions.

Bix
10-15-2019, 02:10 PM
Maybe I understood. I think I heard something from KM. When you initialize the machine, the HDD is deactivated. The problem is that in the iSeries there is no HDD and therefore an electronic card (perhaps the ssd?) that causes the error is deactivated.

Sysco
04-03-2020, 08:06 AM
I have 4 machines in field this problem.
3 C3300i and one C3350i.
Every machines have to high tcr state.
3 magenta tcr high and one black tcr.
I try to lower the tcr from 0 to -3 but not good.
A tcr is over 10% when I print halftone the tcr is reduce to normal 7-8% but after not to many printed pages go back to over 10%.
I will try the IU change maybe it works.
The most important I use the G00-53 FW.

copier tech
09-15-2020, 09:50 PM
Hi,

If I could hijack this thread please.

I'm having this exact same issue but on a C3350i so far I have replaced 2x yellow IU, 1x black & 1x cyan machine only has 12K total count.

The machine will call for a toner customer will fit new (genuine) however the message will not clear.

Fitting a new IU of that colour temporally resolves the issue.

I can not see any bulletins on this issue from KM?

femaster
09-16-2020, 04:27 AM
If I could hijack this thread please.
I'm having this exact same issue but on a C3350i so far I have replaced 2x yellow IU, 1x black & 1x cyan machine only has 12K total count.
The machine will call for a toner customer will fit new (genuine) however the message will not clear.
Fitting a new IU of that colour temporally resolves the issue.
I can not see any bulletins on this issue from KM?

I don't think this is related to your problem, but who knows. There was a new bulletin and firmware update released for a number of the i model machines the end of last week. According to the bulletin, one of the resolved items is "Possible Premature IU Failure". I don't think that is what you are dealing with here, but maybe they are very loosely related? Looking at the Firmware information PDF, there are 123 issues that are fixed by the latest release, none of them seem to specifically call out the issue you guys area having though. I've attached the bulletin, and will list the 123 fixes between this and another post because, because there are too many characters for the board to handle apparently.

2.2. Fixed issues

1. Cannot install/uninstall an external Open API Application if the MFP shifts to the Power Save Mode while a user still logs in
to the MFP.
2. When the URL other than http is entered for the URL of the OCSP service, the entered value is cleared instead of displaying
the error message.
3. Cannot uninstall MarketPlace from IT6.
4. If only a single application is registered in the MFP, the application will not activate directly by pressing the APP button.
5. Even after a job is completed, the message "The panel is illuminated due to a warning." may be displayed for a while.
6. An error occurs when a copy job is executed with the IWS application.
7. "C-D706" may occur when updating FW
8. If the first item of the DHCP option field of the packet received from DHCP server is not DHCP Message Type (53), the
address acquisition fails.
9. E301 occurs when users log into MFP using PaperCutMF (browser authentication application) with the MyPanel function
enabled.
10. The trouble code field may become blank when the MFP detects the trouble and displays its trouble on the panel.
11. The specific PDF cannot be printed by Direct Print.
12. No warning dialog is displayed when paper is jammed during PullPrint.
13. As MFP is powered on, it displays service mode top menu after auto-transition to self-diagnosis
14. Panel may freeze when selecting the list box on the screen of the application started from the MFP.
15. When the MFP is updated by using a specific RDT template, the message "Operation remotely" may keep displaying on the
screen.
16. When updating settings from RDT, the MFP may remain in "Operation remotely" state.
17. When the user authentication is performed, the user may be able to execute TWAIN Scan without SSL/TLS setting.
18. When the screen of the original size detection error is displayed on the browser, a user cannot go back to the original screen
by closing the error screen.
19. After applying G00-73 or later FW, the setting "Prohibit continuous selection of broadcast destinations" cannot be changed.
20. "+" Symbol cannot be used in IEEE802.1x authentication password
21. The MFP may not return from Power Saving Mode.
22. While a user logs in to the MFP and uses the Panel, another user can log in to the MFP from KMMP (KM Mobile Print) and
perform a scan job.
23. Only up to 15 search results are displayed when using Address Search function in the Fax Retransmit User Box.
24. An emulation error occurs during the printing, and the printing job may be deleted.
25. Although [Personal Data Security Settings] is ON, the destination e-mail address is displayed on the [Job History].
26. Error occurs when a user changes the default certificate from RDT.
27. When printing a specific document by PS Driver, an error page is outputted.
28. When updating FW, the message "This is invalid External Memory" may be displayed.
29. The shortcut key name is shown as “{}" in the Main Menu Default screen.
30. When printing a specific document from Mac OS, a part of an image is not drawn and a "limitcheck" error page may be
outputted.
31. IC card cannot be registered with [Use opening number] at [User Registration]
32. Pressing the "Cancel" button in user settings or administrator settings makes the character of setting items larger.
33. Delete the file saving process of administrator password information
34. Outputted color becomes vermilion instead of red, and the line width that is outlined in white is thin.
DipSW No. 188 (bit 2)
To OFF/ON the function to enhance color by changing the parameter of red color.
0x00: OFF (Default)
0x04: ON
DipSW No. 188 (bit 3)
To OFF/ON the function to make the line width outlined in white thick.
0x08: ON
35. Receiving a phone call may fail when TEL/FAX Auto Switch is ON under Number Display (Caller ID Display) environment.
36. It takes time when turning the main power OFF/ON after upgrading FW.
37. The MFP does not start up due to the error occurred in the CPU board.
38. Even though LDAP is enabled, "LDAP Search" is not set as default for Address Search function on Basic Style.
39. Spelling mistakes in items in Administrator settings (Korean).
40. Destinations for [Scan to Home] are displayed only if "All" is selected on Basic Style.
41. The MFP may keep sending the same notice of parts life or toner near empty by the fax communication of CS Remote Care.
The following Software SW setting is required to enable this countermeasure.
----------
Perform the following setting at the Software SW settings in CS Remote Care.
(Note) It is not the Software SW setting at System Settings 2.
[Service Mode] > [CS Remote Care] > [Maintenance/Default Settings] > [Detail Setting] > [Software Switch Setting]: set the
Software SW as:
Switch No.: 39
HEX: 01
----------
42. Phonetic characters cannot be entered correctly when entering a destination in Korean.
43. Selecting “No” on Pop-up window ["Operation has terminated. OK to return to the initial screen"] will keep screen white.
44. Cannot switch the keypad from Korean input to Number input.
45. Modified a part of German translation.
46. Vulnerability in PJL processing that allows remote code execution.
This vulnerability can be avoided by prohibiting FS Command of PJL by the following software switch.
DipSW No.160 (bit 2)
0x00: Allow (default)
0x04: Do not allow
Note: If you set to "Do not allow", you can avoid attacks using FS Command, but you cannot download fonts and overlays to
the HDD.
47. Vulnerability in CGI for Direct Print in Web Connection that allows remote code execution caused by buffer overflow.
48. When registering a new address in Address Book, Kanji is automatically entered in Furigana field and the registration error
occurs.
49. When User Authentication (SafeQ/PaperCut) is ON, the "Customize Home Screen" icon is not shown.

femaster
09-16-2020, 04:28 AM
Continuation of last post, Firmware fixes.

50. There is no "Set All" button on [Work Time Setting] of Weekly Timer Settings.
51. Cannot obtain "Tray 4" information by MIB:prtInputType when PC-417 is mounted.
52. PDF417 barcode is divided into 5 parts when printing.
53. When [Account Track Input Method] is enabled, if enter [1] or [2] on the login screen, the screen is transferred to the
password entry screen in Classic style.
54. There is a possibility that Server might go down when Server is under service outage.
55. Side Menu area on Classic Style Mode flashes.
56. Although [Manual Destination Input] is restricted, it is still available to enter from Hard Ten Key.
57. Cannot find "hyphen" on Korean Soft Keyboard.
58. It may take time to go into Administrator Settings when a copy program with a long name is in use.
59. The display language of PSWC is always English at the first access
60. When printing a job with a mix of A3 and A4, the MFP does not staple in the specified position.
61. Expected function does not work even SoftSW No.100-bit6 is enabled.
Software SW No. 100 (bit 6)
To OFF/ON the function to enable MDN Response function for i-Fax TX.
0x40: ON
62. An error occurs when scanning a specific document size using the IWS application.
63. A user may not be able to register User Box information with Data Administrator.
64. PS error occurs when printing a XTPF-formatted file from a special system.
65. Unable to staple on A5LEF paper from Bypass.
66. Not complete data are on the Machine Management List obtained
67. When printing a PDF file with Duplex/Chapters settings by PCL driver, unnecessary blank paper is mixed into the printed job
randomly.
68. When printing a job from HP Output Server, the job is not outputted from the expected tray.
69. When Counter List is printed at vendor mode, Eco Info is also printed.
Add "Print/Not print" settings for the detail counter.
70. The screen does not shift to the print screen even a user press [Print] button on the Web browser of the MFP.
71. USB time out occurs when printing via USB Print Server.
Software SW No. 158 (bit 3)
To OFF/ON the function to detect <esc> E Command as the job separation command.
72. After the MFP board is replaced, the transaction number returns to 001 and the number of the activity report is not in order.
[INC000000027668]
73. The order of a job changes when printing the job under SafeQ environment.
Software SW No.162 (bit 5)
To OFF/ON the function to switch the available LDP port from 2 ports to 1 port.
0x00: OFF (default)
0x20: ON
74. Make the Storage and the Fax board remains powered even after the MFP shifts to the power save mode.
Software SW No. 159 (bit 3)
To OFF/ON the function to make the HDD and the Fax board remain powered even after the Sub Power is turned OFF or
the MFP shifts to the power save (Low Power/ Sleep) mode.
75. The trouble code C-E301 may occur on the machine where the authentication using the card reader is configured and CS
Remote Care is set.
76. If a user manually sets [Increase Priority] for a [ID & Print] job, the intended job is printed at the very last of the print queue.
77. At 0:00 midnights, the MFP automatically recovers from sleep/low power mode.
Software SW No. 159 (bit 5)
It changes the timing to acquire PDM data from the engine.
-> MFP does not wake up from sleep/low power at 0:00. (MFP controller does not acquire PDM data during sleep/low
power mode. MFP controller will acquire PDM data from the engine when wake up from sleep/low power mode.)
0x20: ON
-> MFP wakes up from sleep/low power at 0:00. (MFP controller acquires PDM data from the engine even if machine is
sleep/low power mode.)
78. The MFP freezes if the PullPrint application is activated when there is a job, with a file name with Hebrew characters and
hyphens, is spooled.
79. When [Print: Black Only] is selected, users cannot print from ID & Print User Box.
80. The LDAP Check Connection button disappears when the LDAP Server is registered in PKI Mode.
81. Auto Zoom setting does not work on Basic Style mode.
82. Even if System Auto Reset Time is specified in seconds from RDT and sent it to the MFP, the value is not reflected on the
MFP.
83. Outputted postcard is curled when printing.
<Engine DipSW>
Engine DipSW No. 61 "ON”: All press
"OFF”: Light press (Default)
Outputted envelope is wrinkled when printing.
<Engine DipSW>
Engine DipSW No. 78 "ON”: Enable
"OFF”: Disable (Default)
84. The native screen of the device gets displayed in Japanese even when a different language is set from the authentication
application.
85. The Authentication card was swiped, but the document in ID & Print box cannot be printed.
86. On the Classic Style screen, part of Fax one-touch destinations may not be displayed.
87. When a specific device certificate is imported, PSWC cannot be connected with TLS1.2.
88. Users cannot log in by inserting and removing the card after the MFP returns from the Power Save mode if the card is
inserted in CU-1(Management Device 2) while the MFP is in the Power Save mode.
89. The word "HDD" is in the message when importing the Security Setting.
90. Arabic characters are not printed when printing from a specific application.
The following symbol sets are added to print Arabic characters.
- Arabic-8
- Windows 3.1 Latin/Arabic
- PC-864 Latin/Arabic
* You can select these new symbol sets only from MFP operation panel.
[Utility] > [User Settings] > [Printer Settings] > [PCL Settings] > [Symbol Set]
91. The screen freezes in a state of displaying the progress bar at 25% while starting up the MFP by turning the Main Power
ON.
92. Cannot change search characters on the User Box from PSWC.
93. When printing Print Counter List, values listed on the Panel are different from those on the printed list.
94. Even if you set password input when updating FW, when panel calibration is done with USB, FW is updated without entering
password.
95. When a user connects to PSWC from Bookmark, the display language is changed to English.
96. IISW Machine Update on [Administrator] mode fails.
97. Printed stamp is unreadable when printing a PDF which contains a stamp by Direct Print.
98. Hyphen cannot be input at [Tel/Fax Number] by panel keyboard.
99. If Software Keyboard is repeatedly pressed by Remote Panel, the screen transfers to the Home screen.
100. Displayed message of scan results of TWAIN jobs on the Panel is different from the one on PSWC.
101. Some items in Time Adjustment Setting are not saved.
102. The actual behaviors of the MFP are different from those specified in Image Log Transfer settings.
103. No thumbnail image is available in Secure Print User Box.
104. Scan to SMB fails sporadically when using SMBv1.
105. Even [Bypass Tray Overwrite Settings for Print PC] is set to [Driver Priority], the warning that the paper size is mismatched
is displayed just before outputting the custom size paper when printing Mixed Originals of [A4/custom size] from the PC.
DipSW No. 142 (bit 5)
To OFF/ON the function to prevent the MFP from stopping a job due to the paper size mismatch before outputting the
custom size paper when printing Mixed Originals of the custom size paper from the PC.
0x20: ON (The warning of paper size mismatch is displayed before printing Mixed Originals of the custom size paper.)
106. Popup screen does not appear on Home screen of Basic Style mode even if USB memory stick is inserted to MFP.
107. When printing the specific PCL data at MFP, the border line is shifted and printed.
108. Cannot move to OpenAPI Setting from PSWC if German is selected as the language.
109. Any number may not be entered by key-pad.
110. The distribution of Movie Data is not available via RDT.
111. C-E301 may occur when the machine updates the firmware to G00-73 after imported the setting data from predecessor.
112. The MFP with French setting freezes when [Print Information] under [Utility] is pressed.
113. Entries made using an external keyboard are not reflected in the running Browser Integrated Application.
114. "Customize Home Screen" icon is displayed for an instant when a user logs in to the MFP.
115. Output results are different between the initial FWs of IT4 like G20-60 and the latest FW.
116. The default value of search type in [Address Search] function is not correct.
117. The card reader becomes unresponsive from the 2nd login when the same card is used consecutively for login.
118. The setting value of Post inserter imported via RDT is different from the one obtained from the MFP.
119. Values of "Stabilization" items on the Machine Management List are different between the printed list and the CSV output
list.
120. When restoring backup data "Are you sure you want to start the Restore operation from the Server?" Message is displayed
as "Cover Sheet Feeder"
In addition, the message when restoring is displayed in German.
121. [SMB Host Name] cannot be changed at [SMB Server Settings]
122. The sender name is garbled on the received Fax
123. User is able to enter Service Mode without entering CE password.

copier tech
09-16-2020, 06:51 AM
I don't think this is related to your problem, but who knows. There was a new bulletin and firmware update released for a number of the i model machines the end of last week. According to the bulletin, one of the resolved items is "Possible Premature IU Failure". I don't think that is what you are dealing with here, but maybe they are very loosely related? Looking at the Firmware information PDF, there are 123 issues that are fixed by the latest release, none of them seem to specifically call out the issue you guys area having though. I've attached the bulletin, and will list the 123 fixes between this and another post because, because there are too many characters for the board to handle apparently.

2.2. Fixed issues

1. Cannot install/uninstall an external Open API Application if the MFP shifts to the Power Save Mode while a user still logs in
to the MFP.
2. When the URL other than http is entered for the URL of the OCSP service, the entered value is cleared instead of displaying
the error message.
3. Cannot uninstall MarketPlace from IT6.
4. If only a single application is registered in the MFP, the application will not activate directly by pressing the APP button.
5. Even after a job is completed, the message "The panel is illuminated due to a warning." may be displayed for a while.
6. An error occurs when a copy job is executed with the IWS application.
7. "C-D706" may occur when updating FW
8. If the first item of the DHCP option field of the packet received from DHCP server is not DHCP Message Type (53), the
address acquisition fails.
9. E301 occurs when users log into MFP using PaperCutMF (browser authentication application) with the MyPanel function
enabled.
10. The trouble code field may become blank when the MFP detects the trouble and displays its trouble on the panel.
11. The specific PDF cannot be printed by Direct Print.
12. No warning dialog is displayed when paper is jammed during PullPrint.
13. As MFP is powered on, it displays service mode top menu after auto-transition to self-diagnosis
14. Panel may freeze when selecting the list box on the screen of the application started from the MFP.
15. When the MFP is updated by using a specific RDT template, the message "Operation remotely" may keep displaying on the
screen.
16. When updating settings from RDT, the MFP may remain in "Operation remotely" state.
17. When the user authentication is performed, the user may be able to execute TWAIN Scan without SSL/TLS setting.
18. When the screen of the original size detection error is displayed on the browser, a user cannot go back to the original screen
by closing the error screen.
19. After applying G00-73 or later FW, the setting "Prohibit continuous selection of broadcast destinations" cannot be changed.
20. "+" Symbol cannot be used in IEEE802.1x authentication password
21. The MFP may not return from Power Saving Mode.
22. While a user logs in to the MFP and uses the Panel, another user can log in to the MFP from KMMP (KM Mobile Print) and
perform a scan job.
23. Only up to 15 search results are displayed when using Address Search function in the Fax Retransmit User Box.
24. An emulation error occurs during the printing, and the printing job may be deleted.
25. Although [Personal Data Security Settings] is ON, the destination e-mail address is displayed on the [Job History].
26. Error occurs when a user changes the default certificate from RDT.
27. When printing a specific document by PS Driver, an error page is outputted.
28. When updating FW, the message "This is invalid External Memory" may be displayed.
29. The shortcut key name is shown as “{}" in the Main Menu Default screen.
30. When printing a specific document from Mac OS, a part of an image is not drawn and a "limitcheck" error page may be
outputted.
31. IC card cannot be registered with [Use opening number] at [User Registration]
32. Pressing the "Cancel" button in user settings or administrator settings makes the character of setting items larger.
33. Delete the file saving process of administrator password information
34. Outputted color becomes vermilion instead of red, and the line width that is outlined in white is thin.
DipSW No. 188 (bit 2)
To OFF/ON the function to enhance color by changing the parameter of red color.
0x04: ON
DipSW No. 188 (bit 3)
To OFF/ON the function to make the line width outlined in white thick.
35. Receiving a phone call may fail when TEL/FAX Auto Switch is ON under Number Display (Caller ID Display) environment.
36. It takes time when turning the main power OFF/ON after upgrading FW.
37. The MFP does not start up due to the error occurred in the CPU board.
38. Even though LDAP is enabled, "LDAP Search" is not set as default for Address Search function on Basic Style.
39. Spelling mistakes in items in Administrator settings (Korean).
40. Destinations for [Scan to Home] are displayed only if "All" is selected on Basic Style.
41. The MFP may keep sending the same notice of parts life or toner near empty by the fax communication of CS Remote Care.
The following Software SW setting is required to enable this countermeasure.
----------
Perform the following setting at the Software SW settings in CS Remote Care.
(Note) It is not the Software SW setting at System Settings 2.
[Service Mode] > [CS Remote Care] > [Maintenance/Default Settings] > [Detail Setting] > [Software Switch Setting]: set the
Software SW as:
Switch No.: 39
HEX: 01
----------
42. Phonetic characters cannot be entered correctly when entering a destination in Korean.
43. Selecting “No” on Pop-up window ["Operation has terminated. OK to return to the initial screen"] will keep screen white.
44. Cannot switch the keypad from Korean input to Number input.
45. Modified a part of German translation.
46. Vulnerability in PJL processing that allows remote code execution.
This vulnerability can be avoided by prohibiting FS Command of PJL by the following software switch.
DipSW No.160 (bit 2)
0x00: Allow (default)
0x04: Do not allow
Note: If you set to "Do not allow", you can avoid attacks using FS Command, but you cannot download fonts and overlays to
the HDD.
47. Vulnerability in CGI for Direct Print in Web Connection that allows remote code execution caused by buffer overflow.
48. When registering a new address in Address Book, Kanji is automatically entered in Furigana field and the registration error
occurs.
49. When User Authentication (SafeQ/PaperCut) is ON, the "Customize Home Screen" icon is not shown.

Thanks for the info, i’m going back with this B5 firmware.

I did read on here that there is B6 Firmware out but we don’t have it in the UK yet.

If anyone could share a link to that would be awesome.

and
09-16-2020, 07:47 AM
Thanks for the info, i’m going back with this B5 firmware.

I did read on here that there is B6 Firmware out but we don’t have it in the UK yet.

If anyone could share a link to that would be awesome.

B6 firmware resolve only this

2.2. Fixed issues

It may take long time to start up the MFP in case the network cable is not inserted into the MFP.

EarthKmTech
09-16-2020, 12:21 PM
B5 firmware does address the high toner consumption and iu destruction issue. If its loaded on a machine with already partly destroyed iu you will still need to replace it when it fails but after that point it should be fine. The duration of agitation of the toner /dev mixture has been modified to stop incorrect readings from memory.

There are of course other reasons for ius to fail, ie loss of drum charge and solid pages of the relevent colour but these are physical issues that you need to find and fix, not software.

JDR
09-17-2020, 04:12 PM
Same problems with IU too Magenta and yellow, like you.
Nothing else to do than replace these faulty UI..

B6 not available here too.
Can anyone share this fw please ?

B0265
09-18-2020, 10:01 AM
B5 firmware does address the high toner consumption and iu destruction issue. If its loaded on a machine with already partly destroyed iu you will still need to replace it when it fails but after that point it should be fine. The duration of agitation of the toner /dev mixture has been modified to stop incorrect readings from memory.

There are of course other reasons for ius to fail, ie loss of drum charge and solid pages of the relevent colour but these are physical issues that you need to find and fix, not software.

This is not mentioned at all in the program release information, have you found this in a bulletin?

Bix
09-18-2020, 11:07 AM
I do not think it will be mentioned in a bulletin otherwise it would start the valaganza of requests for the guarantee

EarthKmTech
09-19-2020, 12:22 AM
This is not mentioned at all in the program release information, have you found this in a bulletin?

It's not mentioned, but the fix IS in this fw. :cool:

HoonBoy
09-20-2020, 09:29 AM
I was told that this could be caused by bad spring contact on the HV... Did not solve my problem, had to replace 2 IU's

Attached document is added in the box of new machines. Instructions to shake IU’s and check TCR values... And replace IU when too low.

B0265
09-22-2020, 07:22 AM
It's not mentioned, but the fix IS in this fw. :cool:
So B5 contains a more permanent fix than G00-4E/G00-7D?

B0265
10-08-2020, 08:59 AM
Does anyone have this bulletin: KNOVA-PS "PSKM_BT2016005EN" ?
I can't find at KNOVA (Europe).

Sysco
01-27-2021, 06:22 PM
Inmy field I have 4 machines which give the following error (2555).
Allthis machines have blurred image with magenta, and of course themagenta TCR is below 6.5%.
Onemachines I change the TCR level history to +3 which is the maxsetting.
Thismachines run 2 days (not dropped the 2555 error code) after theyempty the new toner whick is 6K toner if I god to know.
SoI relese this machines and order the new IU unit which is not to comein this time.
Everymachines have G00-53 fw.
Thelast information is in this case need to update the fw G00-B5 whichis not the last fw.
Soif the IU will arrive to me I change the IU and flash the fw.

Bix
01-27-2021, 07:35 PM
The last (and important) firmware is G00-E9

Sysco
01-27-2021, 08:21 PM
I think I have got many machines trying the correct fw.:(

copier tech
01-27-2021, 08:47 PM
G00-09 latest available firmware with a few more 'bug fixes'

avecosat
01-28-2021, 08:09 AM
New Bulletin about this KBA00040712

Bix
01-28-2021, 08:49 AM
New Bulletin about this KBA00040712
PSKM_BT2016005EN

Is it about abnormal toner consumption? On some new installations they even require you to unmount UI and shake before booting the first time.
But I believe that with the new firmware it performs internal rotations to avoid the phenomenon.

copier tech
01-28-2021, 10:13 AM
PSKM_BT2016005EN

Is it about abnormal toner consumption? On some new installations they even require you to unmount UI and shake before booting the first time.
But I believe that with the new firmware it performs internal rotations to avoid the phenomenon.

Yes, they have added a 'toner agitation mode' basically with the paper try pulled out run image process stabilisation.

srvctec
04-20-2022, 09:56 PM
Well, I thought it was an IU problem but posting it here in case it might help others.

Got a call on a C4000i last week and customer said they just put in cyan toner and then the blues started looking purple. Then they got code C2551. I take an IU over forgetting to check the TCR ratio and replaced it thinking it had just failed since the bird test chart had hardly any cyan on it at all in addition to the color registration being off.

They called back and said it's saying to add cyan toner. I go over and the cyan toner is still full because it's heavy and weighed what felt exactly like the new one I took over. I flipped the toner over and found this:

https://i.imgur.com/kmsMzUi.jpg

The tape covering the hole didn't come off completely and totally blocked the toner port of the new bottle. So, I'm thinking I should be able to just tone it up and did that in service mode using manual toner add. Took about 3 minutes and I checked the TCR of cyan and it was 7.18%. All good! Or so I thought. Because the machine had come to a complete stop requiring a new cyan toner bottle and it has the stupid chip on the bottle, it would say to replace the cyan toner every time the machine was turned off and back on. If I opened and closed the front door, the message would go away because the percentage was correct.

I had to put in the new toner bottle to get it to reset and keep the message away.

I really wish KM would make it so that as long as the TCR percentage is correct, it wouldn't pay attention to the chip if it was new or not.

tsbservice
04-21-2022, 09:11 AM
Well, I thought it was an IU problem but posting it here in case it might help others.

Got a call on a C4000i last week and customer said they just put in cyan toner and then the blues started looking purple. Then they got code C2551. I take an IU over forgetting to check the TCR ratio and replaced it thinking it had just failed since the bird test chart had hardly any cyan on it at all in addition to the color registration being off.

They called back and said it's saying to add cyan toner. I go over and the cyan toner is still full because it's heavy and weighed what felt exactly like the new one I took over. I flipped the toner over and found this:

https://i.imgur.com/kmsMzUi.jpg

The tape covering the hole didn't come off completely and totally blocked the toner port of the new bottle. So, I'm thinking I should be able to just tone it up and did that in service mode using manual toner add. Took about 3 minutes and I checked the TCR of cyan and it was 7.18%. All good! Or so I thought. Because the machine had come to a complete stop requiring a new cyan toner bottle and it has the stupid chip on the bottle, it would say to replace the cyan toner every time the machine was turned off and back on. If I opened and closed the front door, the message would go away because the percentage was correct.

I had to put in the new toner bottle to get it to reset and keep the message away.

I really wish KM would make it so that as long as the TCR percentage is correct, it wouldn't pay attention to the chip if it was new or not.

I would try Engine FW DipSW 6

srvctec
04-21-2022, 05:02 PM
I would try Engine FW DipSW 6

Except that only does auxiliary toner replenishing not reset the count of the old (full) bottle. I was already able to tone up the machine with the old bottle but because the machine came to a stop requesting a new bottle and a new one wasn't installed (because the chip wasn't new), it kept saying to replace the C toner. It's just bad programming on KM's part. As long as the machine is able to maintain the proper TCR percentage, then the machine should ignore the fact a new bottle hasn't been installed and just keep going as long as the TCR can be properly maintained. It would be super easy to provide this with a F/W update, but getting them to do it is like pulling teeth.

Custom Search