PDA

View Full Version : Miscellaneous How do I read this.

Custom Search

denvertan
08-02-2019, 03:47 AM
I am new to Konica Copier, have been working on a old C364e I bought last week and I come across this.
Can some help me on this ?

100% is NEED TO change ? OR
0% is NEED to change ?

If there is a manual on this please share with me it will be a great help to me.

copyman
08-02-2019, 04:19 AM
0 % is end of life. Looks like all the drums need to be replaced. If contract customer and quality still looks good leave it alone until you have quality issues. We turn off the message and run it until a line, light print, etc. Then will replace the drum or transfer belt at that time.

denvertan
08-02-2019, 08:57 AM
0 % is end of life. Looks like all the drums need to be replaced. If contract customer and quality still looks good leave it alone until you have quality issues. We turn off the message and run it until a line, light print, etc. Then will replace the drum or transfer belt at that time.

How do I turn off the message ?

dave w
08-02-2019, 09:17 AM
have been asked here before
how to turn Iu life stop Off ? (http://www.copytechnet.com/forums/konica-minolta/20560-how-turn-iu-life-stop-off.html)

Synthohol
08-02-2019, 10:43 AM
stop 0 clear, life stop.

kingarthur
08-02-2019, 11:10 AM
Keep an eye on the CQ, there is potential there for a DV unit to fail, if it does, you'll need to replace all the drums that are past life, or else you'll just keep having to replace the DV unit

denvertan
08-02-2019, 11:12 AM
It already giving me C2558 error code. :p

Synthohol
08-02-2019, 11:57 AM
replace all 4 drums and a black DV unit.
dont be cheap about it ;)
those units have been in there for 5 years man, just buy OEM and it will last for a long time.

denvertan
08-02-2019, 12:04 PM
replace all 4 drums and a black DV unit.
dont be cheap about it ;)
those units have been in there for 5 years man, just buy OEM and it will last for a long time.

When replacing the drum and DV I also need to replace their chips right ?

copyman
08-02-2019, 12:05 PM
You can use the less expensive Black drums instead of the color units. Just have to change the black chip. New chips are riveted in so you need to break the old color chip to remove. There are chips sold now with a cutout to fit around the rivet.

Synthohol
08-02-2019, 12:40 PM
When replacing the drum and DV I also need to replace their chips right ?
no, they come on the OEM units already.
unless you take the cheapy way out and try to rebuild. good luck with that, ive never ever been a fan of rebuilding drum or DV units.
my company's click charges cover the cost of OEM replacement without being greedy.

tsbservice
08-02-2019, 01:25 PM
It depends on what you planning to do with this machine. Cost of all new OEM drums and K developer unit will be close to the price of whole machine. There's troubleshooting that can be made by qualified techs to determine if/or what have to be changed. Of course best way is most expensive :cool:

denvertan
08-04-2019, 09:20 AM
All replaced with compatible。
But now print out alignment is out. Top part slightly to left, bottom slight to right.

copier tech
08-04-2019, 10:22 AM
But now print out alignment is out. Top part slightly to left, bottom slight to right.

You have now learnt a valuable lesson NEVER USE COMPATIBLE!

copyman
08-04-2019, 02:10 PM
Hey Synthohol We are both in NJ and not sure what the click charge is up North in state, but here in South Jersey average click is 8/10th's of a cent for B&W and 6 cents for color. I've crunched the numbers and can't find any profit in the contract if every consumable is replaced when indicated even though quality is good. Add to this toners, waste boxes, etc. I'm not even factoring in the labor cost because the main factor of losing $$$ is the consumables!

I even ran this past my friend who works for one of the largest Kon/Min dealers is USA and they turn off all supply messages for contract customers and leave on for Non-contract. He had a good point the whole reason Kon/Min added the feature to turn off messages several years ago was for the dealers who were complaining about not making a profit. I believe it was implemented with the C253.

I've had great results rebuilding kon/min drums with aftermarket drum & blade. Now that aftermarket Grid & Sawtooth charger are available they are like 100% new when rebuilt.

Or if for a non-contract customer I use new OEM black drum and convert chip for color. Saves customer $$$ and I make more money.

Can even use the OEM black dev units for colors but that's something I don't want to discuss publically.

no, they come on the OEM units already.
unless you take the cheapy way out and try to rebuild. good luck with that, ive never ever been a fan of rebuilding drum or DV units.
my company's click charges cover the cost of OEM replacement without being greedy.

Synthohol
08-04-2019, 04:51 PM
warnings are turned off so consumables can run almost 150% if not more which does reduce the CPC.
the other thing is overages also offset the CPC as well.
we also have a steady warranty exchange income from all MFGs
we are a 5 brand dealer, and there are monthly charges as well to have a contract.
we also have accounts in more than 5 states and tons of IT managed accounts.
im assuming any deficit in the "click vs con$umable" cost is well offset by other means.
the last thing is the clicks on a hundred+ of production machines and hospitals we have out there also keep me spoiled with OEM only items.

denvertan
08-05-2019, 05:58 AM
In Canon we can reset the hardisk to restore all setting to factory default.

Does Konica have this function ? Please help to guide me on this if it exist ?

FOUND THE INITIALISE AND COMPLETED IT. ;)

kingarthur
08-05-2019, 08:39 AM

Post a sample, I know it seems a stupid question, but are the side guides actually touching the paper correctly in the cassettes, I've seen engineers spend ages trying to sort skew, when the paper was loaded badly....

Rao12
05-30-2020, 11:34 AM
You'll generally find conventional tengu masks crafted from (https://kabukimask.com/category/wooden-masks/) wood, paper mache, and plastic. Today they're worn in theatre performances, featured in festival and often hung in homes as symbols of symbols luck, believed to frighten awful spirits.

copier tech
05-30-2020, 11:46 AM
You'll generally find conventional tengu masks crafted from (https://kabukimask.com/category/wooden-masks/) wood, paper mache, and plastic. Today they're worn in theatre performances, featured in festival and often hung in homes as symbols of symbols luck, believed to frighten awful spirits.

I think you posted on the wrong forum or even wrong website!

Custom Search