PDA

View Full Version : bizhub C224e

Custom Search

copyman
08-03-2019, 03:21 AM
I have an account that their IT guy does some of the work on the far away copiers. I don't mind helping him out because I make a lot of $$$ from this company, plus don't feel like driving 50-100 miles each way unless absolutely necessary.
Anyway he says he has a C224e doing some weird stuff, it's been onsite for a few months working fine until a few days ago. He explained it to me this way. 3 drawer configuration with drawer 3 being the letter only LCC. Letter tray 1 & 11x17 tray 2. If he makes copies it will auto pick the correct tray or he can select any drawer to print internal test pages. Problem is if you try and print an 11x17 or 11x8.5 from LCC it comes up with message no matching paper size. Then will print after like 30 secs. It shows correct paper sizes in printer drivers, etc. and he has tried several different drivers. Weird thing is tray 1 works the way it should when printing. That's all I can remember at the moment but may add additional information early next week.

Think I may have to go out there next week and start by updating firmware.

Any other ideas appreciated before heading out there.

Thanks in advance

Synthohol
08-03-2019, 03:44 AM
user mode, system settings, paper tray settings, auto paper selection.
make sure every tray is highlighted. and all trays set to plain paper.
hope that saves you a trip :)

rrrohan
08-03-2019, 05:21 AM
Ive had paper feed issue cause it to think paper size was incorrect on next page/job

Or maybe someone set tray to thick stock.

If you have remote panel client setup id use that to check

copyman
08-07-2019, 01:29 PM
Update:

When all else fails initialize machine. Did that and all is working good now.

Custom Search