PDA

View Full Version : Scanner Position Tool

Custom Search

rrrohan
08-05-2019, 06:28 AM
Just looking in C360i service manual.

Under 'Service Tool' what is a Scanner Position Tool ( A79JPJG0 )

I cant find any other info on it.

Is it to make physical adjustment to the scanner in case its skewed?

Synthohol
08-05-2019, 01:19 PM
yes, look in the parts manual paper page 61 (PDF page 134)

rrrohan
08-11-2019, 12:34 PM
yes, look in the parts manual paper page 61 (PDF page 134)

be good if it makes it easier. i always struggle with physical scanner bed adj. i always go to far one way then too far the other and it takes me ages as its such a janky adjustment

mincopier
08-11-2019, 02:13 PM
24 years working on Konica Minolta machines and I have only used one of those jigs 1 time. Yes it made it easier but something I found that seems to work very well is to take measurements from a know good working machine and transfer those measurements to the broke machine. Even doing the measurement thing I have only had to do this twice. Not sure we have just been lucky in that our scanners do not go out of adjustment or what. Myself, for the most part an unseeded tool, of course until you need it.

copyman
08-11-2019, 02:22 PM
Agree with mincopier. Never heard of it because I've never had to do the adjustment. I have a lot of customers with the C220 series and never heard of that adjustment. When / why is it done?

blackcat4866
08-11-2019, 03:00 PM
Back in the analog days when you scanned once per printed page, it was not uncommon to find a snapped scanner wire rope. In my very first Mita DC-313Z class we removed and re-installed scanner wire ropes. I've probably changed 5 or 6 sets of scanner wire ropes on analogs, and maybe another 5 or 6 restringings on digital MFPs with catastrophic scanner damage. The Ricoh AF-650 was known for shearing off the screws that retain the scanner drive drum, then driving only one side if the mirrors. All that flailing around was very damaging for the scanner. I still have a dozen grade8 Allen screws to replace the original screws in my tool case. I hope I never get to use them. =^..^=

tsbservice
08-11-2019, 03:20 PM
There are mechanical scanner and PH skew adjustments on i-series. But this Jig is only mentioned in Service tools, I hope we never need it but it's there.
I could imagine if one purchase it will come with detailed instructions how to use it.

tech51
08-11-2019, 06:54 PM
Back in the analog days when you scanned once per printed page, it was not uncommon to find a snapped scanner wire rope. In my very first Mita DC-313Z class we removed and re-installed scanner wire ropes. I've probably changed 5 or 6 sets of scanner wire ropes on analogs, and maybe another 5 or 6 restringings on digital MFPs with catastrophic scanner damage. The Ricoh AF-650 was known for shearing off the screws that retain the scanner drive drum, then driving only one side if the mirrors. All that flailing around was very damaging for the scanner. I still have a dozen grade8 Allen screws to replace the original screws in my tool case. I hope I never get to use them. =^..^=

Go back to the eighties and the ubix (early Konica) 450. Optics cables snapped so regularly we carried them as part of our car stock!

We all got to be experts at fitting them.

Synthohol
08-11-2019, 06:57 PM
anyone remember the Di520/620 sliding scanner beds?
when doing the cables there were screws to remove and the whole scanner section would slide forward on tracks to gain access.
those days were a trip.

copyrooks
08-11-2019, 08:14 PM
The tool is used for when you are moving the machine to another location to prevent damage to the scanner unit. Well that's what we were told on the remote training

blazebusiness
08-11-2019, 11:05 PM
The tool is used for when you are moving the machine to another location to prevent damage to the scanner unit. Well that's what we were told on the remote training

No, that's not right. The scanner locking hardware (screws) are what stop the scanner from moving during transport. The adjustment tool, though rarely needed, is for evenly adjusting scanner position so the scanned image isn't skewed or distorted.

For an illustration of that ----See page F-5 in the manual for locking down the scanner

bizhub C360i/C300i/C250i F DISASSEMBLY/REASSEMBLY > 4. Notes when transporting the machine

copyrooks
08-12-2019, 02:12 AM
No, that's not right. The scanner locking hardware (screws) are what stop the scanner from moving during transport. The adjustment tool, though rarely needed, is for evenly adjusting scanner position so the scanned image isn't skewed or distorted.

For an illustration of that ----See page F-5 in the manual for locking down the scanner

bizhub C360i/C300i/C250i F DISASSEMBLY/REASSEMBLY > 4. Notes when transporting the machine

My bad you're right, i mixed up this with the move scanner to home setting in service mode.

rrrohan
08-12-2019, 03:25 AM
There are mechanical scanner and PH skew adjustments on i-series. But this Jig is only mentioned in Service tools, I hope we never need it but it's there.
I could imagine if one purchase it will come with detailed instructions how to use it.

I will let you know if it comes with any documentation

rrrohan
08-30-2019, 03:42 AM
so this thing is expensive for what it is

here is a picture

but no documentation. i think you just connect it ontop of scanner and move it to the edge (presume left side) and make the adjustment to the wire behind left cover of scanner

Custom Search