PDA

View Full Version : bizhub c258 fixing unit

Custom Search

mihai
08-05-2019, 11:18 AM
Hy, I have a bizhub c258 which at a higher job, starting with the 18-20 copy starts to stop fixing the toner, what could be the cause?
Thanks for the help

blackcat4866
08-05-2019, 01:43 PM
What media type are you using? What media type is the machine set to? =^..^=

Synthohol
08-05-2019, 02:26 PM
lol, you want details BC?
thats a reach! hehehe.

tsbservice
08-05-2019, 05:49 PM
Post counts on consumables.
Are you using original toner or compatible?
Kinda lame question but I'm in a good mood after holiday and will show mercy:cool:

Phil B.
08-05-2019, 06:38 PM
Kinda lame question but I'm in a good mood after holiday and will show mercy:cool:

yeah..and I've been trying to be a more kinder ... gentler ... "Dentist" hence the reason I haven't jumped in to comment before now.

tsbservice
08-05-2019, 06:56 PM
yeah..and I've been trying to be a more kinder ... gentler ... "Dentist" hence the reason I haven't jumped in to comment before now.

I think you should feel better now, it works atleast by my opinion.
On a sidenote, I must admit sometimes old grumpy Phil is missed badly when they shout out loudly their nonsences and complete ignorance, but overall congrats on been cooler and easy.

CompyTech
08-05-2019, 07:17 PM
Had this problem before. Ended up being the power supply. The kicker was the power supply and MFPB had been changed before because lightning hit the building and took them out.

Phil B.
08-05-2019, 07:24 PM
I think you should feel better now, it works atleast by my opinion.
On a sidenote, I must admit sometimes old grumpy Phil is missed badly when they shout out loudly their nonsences and complete ignorance, but overall congrats on been cooler and easy.

"Grumpy Ol' Phil" takes those as kind words.... I guess? :rolleyes::cool:

tsbservice
08-05-2019, 07:41 PM
"Grumpy Ol' Phil" takes those as kind words.... I guess? :rolleyes::cool:

As I said I'm in a good mood :D

Has been working with some Supreme techs(for me) and engineers, all they have their issues.
Gotta love people knowing their stuff, no matter what or if.

mihai
08-06-2019, 07:01 AM
What media type are you using? What media type is the machine set to? =^..^=

Hy, Thanks for the reply. The settings are fine, plain = plain, I replaced the fuser, it does the same. Fuser placed on another copier works correctly. Has the latest firmware ..

mihai
08-06-2019, 07:06 AM
Post counts on consumables.
Are you using original toner or compatible?

Hy, Thanks for the reply. Original toner ..

tsbservice
08-06-2019, 08:50 AM
Hy, Thanks for the reply. The settings are fine, plain = plain, I replaced the fuser, it does the same. Fuser placed on another copier works correctly. Has the latest firmware ..

Hy, Thanks for the reply. Original toner ..

Why in the world you skip that information from initial post is beyond me.
Anyway in that case I would think of what CompyTech said - power supply, it may be floating under some load.

Synaux
08-07-2019, 02:03 AM
The settings are fine, plain = plain

Soooo.... does this mean you are using something like 20lb digital copier paper??
Have you tried, thick 1, thick 2, thick 3, or thick 4?

mihai
08-07-2019, 11:00 AM
Why in the world you skip that information from initial post is beyond me.
Anyway in that case I would think of what CompyTech said - power supply, it may be floating under some load.

Hi, thank you all, I have replaced the source, the same problem, but I removed and replaced all the connectors on the logic board and the problem disappeared. So an imperfect contact ...

tsbservice
08-07-2019, 03:03 PM
Good finding and Thank you for follow-up.

Synthohol
08-07-2019, 11:19 PM
it used to be called the minolta connector dance/shuffle.
at least it was when i worked for minolta b4 the merge.
glad it worked.

blackcat4866
08-07-2019, 11:24 PM
Please try to forgive my skepticism.

Usually when I have this kind of resolution, I get another opportunity to solve the same problem in the near future on the same machine. =^..^=

Custom Search