PDA

View Full Version : Konica bizhub 222. I/c life increases by 15 with every copier

Custom Search

DOE
08-06-2019, 02:10 AM
Have a Konica bizhub 222 that had a c2557 code. I replace the drum and the developer and blade ran f8 and before that reset the 3 life counts. It all went well and the code came off and then make good copies but after I ran 20 or so the code came back and when I check the parts counter the I / C wife was back up to a hundred and thirty-five I reset it and did it again and it was the code come back up after about 20 copies and it was back up in the hundred and 30s. Does a whole unit need replaced I forgot to check to see if there was a chip on the actual unit and maybe just a drum and developer and blade wasn't enough. I don't have a service manual so any ideas would be appreciated

Woxner
08-06-2019, 02:52 AM
make sure you verify they went to 0. it maybe the solenoid is sticking and making it add toner all the time. the foam is old and makes it stick. look at history and see if toner % is above 6.5% it may be at 8 or so. its a pain to take assy out and clean it off. i just put a small piece of tape to dampen sound. had one do this two weeks ago.

REGSIS
08-06-2019, 06:29 AM
C2557 abnormaly low toner.
Solenoid on toner hopper 100% is the cause.

When you change new developer there is already 6.5% of toner in it. When it runs out and no new toner is added from the hopper c2557 appears.

Custom Search