PDA

View Full Version : C353 not liking black toner cartridge

Custom Search

mrfuser
08-06-2019, 08:42 PM
Corny has this old dog that says low on toner even though the cartridge is full and it won’t recognize a new Cartridge and tells us “incorrect toner Installed” when we put a new OEM black in. It doesn’t say that with the one currently installed but it shows very low toner .

any ideas?

thanks all!

K

copytechman
08-06-2019, 09:09 PM
Corny has this old dog that says low on toner even though the cartridge is full and it won’t recognize a new Cartridge and tells us “incorrect toner Installed” when we put a new OEM black in. It doesn’t say that with the one currently installed but it shows very low toner .

any ideas?

thanks all!

K

Bad chip on the cartridge would be my thought. Should be a TN314K if its a C353.

Regards!
A.

mrfuser
08-06-2019, 09:26 PM
Tried three other oem new cartridges with same result

Bad chip on the cartridge would be my thought. Should be a TN314K if its a C353.

Regards!
A.

mayorg
08-06-2019, 09:49 PM
Change the from the old to the new cartridge it will work but it will complaining low toner cartridge but it will print namal simple logic

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

Synthohol
08-06-2019, 09:59 PM
i think i posted this "cheat" once before...
remove all toners.
service mode halftone test patterns at full 255 density
11x17 paper if you have
print each color one at a time until it says its out of toner and stops the machine with the animated message for replacing that color toner
insert new bottle for that color and the gas meter should go back up.
lather rinse repeat for any other color that is not displaying correctly.

there might be a firmware fix or bit switch procedure but ^^^ way seems faster.

ive done this more than a few times and it works every time.
good luck.

Synaux
08-07-2019, 01:55 AM
Is the hopper filling up? If it is, you might be able to get away with ignoring it until the next toner change (change only when it gives you the shake the bottle screen *edit* basically what Synthohol giving you a shortcut for). You can fill the hopper by opening and closing the toner door let it run for a few min then repeat or use the manual toner add in Service Mode. Also, incorrect toner chip should actually throw a EEPROM code in SM-Counter-Service Call Counter.
Somewhat reminiscent of the cx50s saying "install K toner" and all you had to do was open and close the toner door to clear (with toner installed) every power cycle.

Synaux
08-07-2019, 01:57 AM
i think i posted this "cheat" once before...
remove all toners.
service mode halftone test patterns at full 255 density
11x17 paper if you have
print each color one at a time until it says its out of toner and stops the machine with the animated message for replacing that color toner
insert new bottle for that color and the gas meter should go back up.
lather rinse repeat for any other color that is not displaying correctly.

there might be a firmware fix or bit switch procedure but ^^^ way seems faster.

ive done this more than a few times and it works every time.
good luck.

If the hopper is full, wont that take a lot of clicks??

Synthohol
08-07-2019, 03:31 AM
service mode test patterns and meter sheets do NOT advance the meter, it will only add to the life counters (minutest of use) etc...

Synaux
08-09-2019, 03:28 AM
service mode test patterns and meter sheets do NOT advance the meter, it will only add to the life counters (minutest of use) etc...

Yes, sorry I meant prints...sorry :o

Synthohol
08-09-2019, 12:05 PM
usually 20-30 11x17 pages before it calls for toner.

tsbservice
08-09-2019, 03:20 PM
usually 20-30 11x17 pages before it calls for toner.
Yep, 1 full coverage 11x17 page is in coverage therms like 40 regular Letter pages, so 20-30 are close to 1000 pages, it must ask for toner.

mrfuser
08-09-2019, 08:19 PM
Main trouble here is you can make copies but it won’t print because it says out of toner on the driver side!

any way to disable it checking toner status when printing?

mrfuser
08-09-2019, 11:34 PM
I ordered a couple of generic toners and sure enough as soon as I installed one it read it and worked fine!

Synaux
08-10-2019, 12:31 AM
I ordered a couple of generic toners and sure enough as soon as I installed one it read it and worked fine!

Did you get those OEM toners off Ebay or something? I still do not understand how you weren't getting any EEPROM codes (which I believe requires trouble reset).

Glad to hear you got it working, I wouldn't run the generic toners though, see if the OEM will work now (or just switch the chips or the cartridge head).

mrfuser
08-10-2019, 12:45 AM
No Ebay. Oem through oem source. Go figure

Custom Search