PDA

View Full Version : Miscellaneous Noisey ADF bizhub 454e

Custom Search

MFPs R Now PCs
08-07-2019, 11:46 PM
We have multiple Konica Minolta bizhub C454e/554e (and the monochrome versions too) that make this weird noise in the ADF document feeder when copying and scanning. It is louder when scanning due to the higher feeding speed. They do not jam or log error codes, just make noise. We have on several occasions removed the covers and try to locate the noise with no luck. Are there any common and/or known things about noise with no jamming/codes on ADF feeders of bizhub 454e that we could do and/or perform?

Please help, thank you.

copyman
08-08-2019, 04:44 AM
To be clear for the others it comes standard with the DF-701, well the monochromes do anyway, think the color models can be DF-624 or DF-701.

Only noise I've heard get loud on this feeder is when the rear door pin comes loose or falls out. But that is a loud grinding.

Can you be a little more specific with type of noise? Maybe this will help others when posting. Feel free to add to list of noises....

To make it easy:

1) grinding

2) squeak

3) buzzing

4) squeal

5) thumping

copier tech
08-08-2019, 06:50 AM
We have multiple Konica Minolta bizhub C454e/554e (and the monochrome versions too) that make this weird noise in the ADF document feeder when copying and scanning. It is louder when scanning due to the higher feeding speed. They do not jam or log error codes, just make noise. We have on several occasions removed the covers and try to locate the noise with no luck. Are there any common and/or known things about noise with no jamming/codes on ADF feeders of bizhub 454e that we could do and/or perform?

Please help, thank you.

This is your 2nd post for the same issue?

In your first post you listed jam codes?

MFPs R Now PCs
08-08-2019, 06:07 PM
To be clear for the others it comes standard with the DF-701, well the monochromes do anyway, think the color models can be DF-624 or DF-701.

Only noise I've heard get loud on this feeder is when the rear door pin comes loose or falls out. But that is a loud grinding.

Can you be a little more specific with type of noise? Maybe this will help others when posting. Feel free to add to list of noises....

To make it easy:

1) grinding

2) squeak

3) buzzing

4) squeal

5) thumping

Thank you for this and I apologize that I do not know what model of document feeders they are however, I could say its mostly the monochrome 454e. For the description of the noise I would say a loud buzzing noise is the best fit.

MFPs R Now PCs
08-08-2019, 06:31 PM
This is your 2nd post for the same issue?

In your first post you listed jam codes?

No, I posted twice because the machines symptoms are different as follows:

1) These machine/s NEVER jam only make noise
2) These machines NEVER log Jam and/or Error Codes
3) We can go onsite and witness the noise however when removing covers we cannot specifically locate where this "buzzing" is coming from (strange i know)
4) There is no performance degradation, they just make a louder buzzing noise, the faster the feeding speed (copy vs scan)
5) There are MULTIPLE machines of this same family/model ALL with this SAME noise only phenomenon

6) The other one machine does Jam
7) The other one machine logs Jam/Error codes
8) The other one machine also displays "SERVICE NOTIFICATION FAILED" on the operator panel which goes away after a power cycle
9) The other one machine we can NEVER witness for ourselves and runs fine when we get there
10) The other one machine "goes down" until we get there then "oh everything is fine now"
11) There is only ONE machine exhibiting this behavior

tech51
08-08-2019, 09:23 PM
Well a short video would help. At least we could see/hear what’s going on.
Service notification failure is a csrc (I think it’s called vCare in other regions)failure.

Either set it up again or ram clear it so it doesn’t communicate.

Custom Search