PDA

View Full Version : bizhub 754e paper jamming from 2nd Tray

Custom Search

beowulf
08-08-2019, 04:06 PM
bizhub 754e, paper jams during copy from 2nd tray in front of vertical transport sensor (PS12). Before jam it gives noise of friction or rigid feed then it jams. Jamming is frequent. some times does not jam at all. according to manual there are couple of parts to check. I was wondering if any expert tell me the exact problematic part.???

Jam code is 12-01. Counter: 185K.
No clutch is replaced yet.

any suggestions?

tech51
08-08-2019, 09:14 PM
What have you checked or replaced?

Have the basics been done?

What are the parts lives?

This sort of information is needed before anyone can help, otherwise it’s just guesswork.

blazebusiness
08-11-2019, 05:37 PM
bizhub 754e, paper jams during copy from 2nd tray in front of vertical transport sensor (PS12). Before jam it gives noise of friction or rigid feed then it jams. Jamming is frequent. some times does not jam at all. according to manual there are couple of parts to check. I was wondering if any expert tell me the exact problematic part.???

Jam code is 12-01. Counter: 185K.
No clutch is replaced yet.

any suggestions?

That's a pretty basic / easy to troubleshoot issue for an experienced tech.........Check the jam history in service mode. If all cassettes are having some jams in the vertical transport area......you can eliminate the cassettes as the cause

If , as you already said, all other cassettes feed fine and the only time you experience jamming is from cassette #2 you can obviously eliminate the vertical transport as the culprit and just focus on the cassette feed unit. Remove it, inspect and clean sensors and replace rollers and rough up the shaft under the one-way. Reinstall and see if feed issues are gone.

(Also, the separation rollers develop flat spots causing all kinds of intermittant jams such as what you are describing)

tech51
08-11-2019, 06:34 PM
That's a pretty basic / easy to troubleshoot issue for an experienced tech.........Check the jam history in service mode. If all cassettes are having some jams in the vertical transport area......you can eliminate the cassettes as the cause

If , as you already said, all other cassettes feed fine and the only time you experience jamming is from cassette #2 you can obviously eliminate the vertical transport as the culprit and just focus on the cassette feed unit. Remove it, inspect and clean sensors and replace rollers and rough up the shaft under the one-way. Reinstall and see if feed issues are gone.

(Also, the separation rollers develop flat spots causing all kinds of intermittant jams such as what you are describing)

Agree with all of the above with one addition.

If the dfpv roller has flats or any sort of uneven wear, replace the torque limiter that the dfpv couples with. I replace these regularly on higher volume machines.

beowulf
08-27-2019, 05:02 PM

I have replaced all the rollers. (Pickup, Feed, Separation) but problem is still there. I have removed cassette 2 feed unit and checked everything. Sensors and cleaned the shaft though it was fine. I was thinking may be one-way clutch is faulty? Did not replace it. As i have mentioned jam code is 12-01 and total counter is 18K+.

Any other expert opinion?

beowulf
08-27-2019, 05:04 PM
Agree with all of the above with one addition.

If the dfpv roller has flats or any sort of uneven wear, replace the torque limiter that the dfpv couples with. I replace these regularly on higher volume machines.

I will try this for sure.

Custom Search