PDA

View Full Version : RU-513 / FS-534

Custom Search

copyman
08-09-2019, 10:33 PM
Anyone else having the message to close the RU-513 Transport bed door? If you put slight pressure on door or put a ream of paper on top of door it's fine. Just got a call for 3rd one in a month. I had a bunch of RU-513's so just swapped them out. Now starting to wonder if this will become a problem.

I looked at the 2 I brought back to shop and they look fine. No adjustment for the interlock sensor and typical sensor tests good. Haven't replaced a sensor in years. It does seem like the design doesn't allow the door actuator to block sensor enough. Might look into modifying some way unless someone else has a fix?

Thanks in advance

blazebusiness
08-10-2019, 05:40 AM
Anyone else having the message to close the RU-513 Transport bed door? If you put slight pressure on door or put a ream of paper on top of door it's fine. Just got a call for 3rd one in a month. I had a bunch of RU-513's so just swapped them out. Now starting to wonder if this will become a problem.

I looked at the 2 I brought back to shop and they look fine. No adjustment for the interlock sensor and typical sensor tests good. Haven't replaced a sensor in years. It does seem like the design doesn't allow the door actuator to block sensor enough. Might look into modifying some way unless someone else has a fix?

Thanks in advance

What model copier? 4 series or 8 series? The RU-513's for the 8 series have had issues.

copyman
08-10-2019, 12:42 PM
These are all on "4" series. Forgot about "8" series using same RU-513.

srvctec
08-12-2019, 09:51 PM
Haven't seen the issue yet but if I do I'll just modify the actuator to make it longer with a piece of black mylar or something similar. I've fixed numerous issues like this over the last 31 years. In particular, the duplex sensors on a C250. Almost every one needed this modification because of wear over the years.

copyman
08-12-2019, 10:51 PM
Ha-ha that's exactly what I did. I cut a piece of mylar and made the actuator a little longer and wider. If you look at actuator with RU-513 upside down it looks like it isn't even blocking photo sensor.

Haven't seen the issue yet but if I do I'll just modify the actuator to make it longer with a piece of black mylar or something similar. I've fixed numerous issues like this over the last 31 years. In particular, the duplex sensors on a C250. Almost every one needed this modification because of wear over the years.

Woxner
08-13-2019, 12:14 AM
had this silly problem today. turns out the floor was uneven flexing the machine. moived it a bit a presto took care of it.

REGSIS
08-17-2019, 09:29 AM
had this silly problem today. turns out the floor was uneven flexing the machine. moived it a bit a presto took care of it.

Modification posted in another thread.
Definetly install the washers if problemartic RU are within serial number range. Document 11384.pdf

Ru-513 (http://www.copytechnet.com/forums/konica-minolta/126709-ru-513-a-2.html)

copyman
08-17-2019, 02:57 PM
Modification posted in another thread.
Definetly install the washers if problemartic RU are within serial number range. Document 11384.pdf

Ru-513 (http://www.copytechnet.com/forums/konica-minolta/126709-ru-513-a-2.html)

Thanks anyway but this has nothing to do with issue I posted.

Custom Search