PDA

View Full Version : C6000 and pro 1100 In flood

Custom Search

sadanand
08-11-2019, 03:20 PM
Just before 5 days we had heavy flood in our area and found c6000 and pro 1100 immersed under water, can these machines be repaired ? Anyone having same experience also need suggestions how to get them in working condition???

blackcat4866
08-11-2019, 03:34 PM
Typically it's not cost effective to repair water damaged electronics. Even if it's dried out immediately, you'll still get corrosion on the metal conductors that will show up as very difficult to diagnose electronic issues later. The cost of the boards gets cost prohibitive in a hurry.

And the C6000 is very elderly, not worth repairing regardless. The best you can hope for is using the corpses as parts donors to recover some of the value. =^..^=

tech51
08-11-2019, 06:41 PM
Just before 5 days we had heavy flood in our area and found c6000 and pro 1100 immersed under water, can these machines be repaired ? Anyone having same experience also need suggestions how to get them in working condition???
Do you mean the entire machines were under water??

Wouldn't even bother trying to switch them on, that in itself sounds flipping dangerous!

Whenever that happens on my area they’re written off, no question,

tech51
08-11-2019, 06:47 PM
Just had a look at the flooding in your area.

Looks bad

Hope you’re ok over there.

Toxic
08-11-2019, 10:52 PM
If they were totally under water (full height) dont bother to revive them.
You must dissasebly everything and clean ducts, fans,boards,sensors,motors,bearings... + replace all consumables and it never be like before if it even works.
Rust also is inevitably and big problem.
I dont know if i would try this with any of machine no matter how worth it is.
In my area we have flood 5 years ago,i got few machines 163 and 215 and they were under water for few days,just pull put trays and dump whole machines,if they were newer and worthy i would remove more parts before dumping.
My friend car mechanic got few cars from the flood,he manage to revive some of them but after some time you can see rust everywhere and bad smell of mud no matter how good it was cleaned,water and mud find way to every corner.

Sorry for your situation,i am aware of that.

Custom Search