PDA

View Full Version : VOIP and Fax

Custom Search

rrrohan
08-12-2019, 03:01 AM
I have a customer using a Cisco VOIP box for fax line to connect to from copier.

Trying to do all the adjustments but they dont seem to make it any worse or any better.

Another tech told me that he beleives no adjustments made on copier will help and all the adjustments are made on the VOIP box itself.

Is this true?

BaconSteve
08-12-2019, 11:33 AM
The struggle is real. 40+ year old analog fax communication technology running on state of the art digital technology. HIPAA sucks. All the nonsense I hear is the ‘faxes are more secure’. What a crock. I could rant on but to what end? I’m assuming you’ve tried disabling Super G3, and slowing down the connection speed to 9600 or so? Maybe try setting your MFP to PBX vs POTS if it has that setting for the phone line. When all else fails, yes, the Cisco ‘SPA112’ or whatever model they have can be tweaked. Good luck getting IT or whoever supports the box to do anything about it. If by chance you can find someone willing... look for a setting to use only T38 protocol, and turn redundancy on.

adecanmin
08-12-2019, 12:32 PM
I've been having issues with VOIP as well. I've had to replace copiers because i could not get the machine to work properly. It is definitely hit or miss. Faxing is on the way out. Just a few more years of hassle.

copyrooks
08-12-2019, 02:27 PM
You can try this

Custom Search