PDA

View Full Version : C6500 no image with originals with Light background items.

Custom Search

laserman06
10-15-2008, 12:42 AM
I have a customer that has a job in which the original has an image printed in the background. This image is very light. The problem is that when they copy it the image is not reproduced. The rest of the original is copied fine. The customer has a 8050 right next to this machine. Picks up and reproduces the image fine.

Any suggestions on any settings?

random
10-15-2008, 06:30 AM
Clean optics regardless of what they look like and then offset adjusments.

Specilist KVN
10-15-2008, 09:23 PM
I would try adjusting the background removaloption in the Quality settings. It is probably seeing it as background noise and not part of the image.

Try scanning to the hold queue instead, at least there you can also adjust the colours through the Fiery.

Also, b sure the Gamma Offset is finely tuned.

I have a customer that has a job in which the original has an image printed in the background. This image is very light. The problem is that when they copy it the image is not reproduced. The rest of the original is copied fine. The customer has a 8050 right next to this machine. Picks up and reproduces the image fine.

Any suggestions on any settings?

laserman06
10-15-2008, 11:26 PM
Thanks for all the help.

Went and cleaned the optics. No help. Did all gamma offset adjustments. No help. Got to talking to the operator and he confessed that he had made some different settings and could not remember. He had changed so many of them, I could not figure them out. Reset all settings to default and problem went away.

Custom Search