PDA

View Full Version : CQ want to know about Konica Minolta Bizhub 601/751.

Custom Search

copierterminal
08-14-2019, 11:38 AM
hello to all members .this is is my first post . i am planing to market konica minolta bizhub 601/751 recondition machines at my home city withe service warranty. i have confidence on my service side. but before i want to know about this model from its master technicians. because i want to keep my existing customers to be happy on their business.so i want to to know the + and - of this model. eagerly expecting your advice upon it. thanks in advance.

Synthohol
08-14-2019, 12:23 PM
those machines were toner and fuser pigs.
IMHO find machines from THIS century.
they are discontinued and parts and supplies are no longer made which means you may be stuck using aftermarket toner and developer.
thats even worse than the OEM which was bad enough.
4 series machines are like 500.00 dollars here off lease.

copyman
08-14-2019, 12:59 PM
Hi,

Agree with other poster. This is one of Kon/Min worst designed machines! Light fuse get away!

I see you are in another country but if at all possible sell & service the BizHub 654e or 554e B&W.

darry1322
08-14-2019, 01:26 PM
Very old machine. When they were new they ran well as long as you cleaned thoroughly every service call and ran drum peculiarity adjustments.

Now I'd be afraid of all the decomposing foam rubber seals and the lack of parts.

emujo2
08-14-2019, 02:01 PM
Not too mention the problems you would run into trying to print to or scan from anything past Win7

copyrooks
08-14-2019, 03:03 PM
When I first started these are the series I learned on and almost quit from how needy these machines were. Dumping like crazy and a pain in the butt to always remove everything. No thank u, that's just my opinion

tech51
08-14-2019, 07:09 PM
Took a trip down (bad) memory lane and here’s a few things I remember.

Dev dumping due to poor quality dev unit bearings.

Dev gears wearing out due to the dev dumping.

Toner spill, lots of it normally, again due to dev problems.

Drum wraps due to the transfer/sep corona arcing (usually when full of dev).

Fuser rollers wearing out (particularly bad after a good dev dump).

Spotted the major fault with this machine yet?

Vacuuming the machine EVERY call.

Toner bottle drive gears breaking. That’s a filthy job in itself to fix them.

Fuser web drive gears breaking causing roller damage.

One way gears on the fuser slipping/breaking causing jams.

Constantly replacing feed rubbers.

Jamming in the duplex when the clutches start slipping.

Fitting loads of corona wires and grids to try and maintain the copy quality.

And that’s just what springs to mind, I’m sure there’s more if I think about it!

Me and the lads had a celebratory drink when the last one went off our area!

Choice is yours, but I wouldn’t.

tech51
08-14-2019, 07:23 PM
[QUOTE=copyman;795176]Hi,

Agree with other poster. This is one of Kon/Min worst designed machines!

You think the 601 was bad?

Try a Mark 4 from the early eighties.

All controlled by microswitches and relays, not a semiconductor in sight.

If one switch went bad (and there were dozens of them) the machine just wouldn’t work.

It was a troubleshooting nightmare.

Still it made me the technician I am today (grey haired and grumpy).

Synaux
08-14-2019, 07:23 PM
These machines will run and run and run and run if properly maintained. Go to my profile and "Find latest started threads" I have started several threads that will probably be useful since I started posting here. You can still find OEM toner/parts on precision roller, Ebay, etc, but do not expect this to last forever. And third party toner is notoriously hard on Konica MFPs. I recently phased all these models because I ran out of spare parts and the few that were left were simply not worth fixing. If I remember correctly, you can rob lots of parts off the 7250s.

When performing PMs, follow the Service Manual step-by-step (and make sure you reset web counter). Developer unit foam is probably trashed, T/S has garbage lock tight on screws check this (can destroy drum), in my experience the ADF system was finicky on these, find my post on bypassing toner recycling clutch, physically clean toner tube on every PM (toner get caked in there). These machines are notorious for overtoning (and undertoning) and they run extremely dirty compared to newer machines I would keep 12x18 cardstock nearby to run through the bypass to periodically clean up the slop these pigs made and and would have someone with a brain in the office to run a few sheets about every case of paper.

Synaux
08-14-2019, 07:25 PM
those machines were toner and fuser pigs.
IMHO find machines from THIS century.
they are discontinued and parts and supplies are no longer made which means you may be stuck using aftermarket toner and developer.
thats even worse than the OEM which was bad enough.
4 series machines are like 500.00 dollars here off lease.

Look where he lives, this guy is in the dumping grounds for these machines.

Where are you getting 4 series machines for $500??

Synthohol
08-14-2019, 11:48 PM
MARS

Mars International - Mars International - Off-lease copiers (https://www.copierremarketer.com/)

we only drop off lease returns there but a company im friends with has bought many a machine there dirt cheap.

copierterminal
08-15-2019, 06:22 AM
thank you to all who gave me the best feedback of this machine. and i appreciate your carenes to other friend technicians. again thanks to all.

rrrohan
08-15-2019, 10:51 AM
reminds me of those 3 hours jobs, rebuilding drum/dev then the fuser then the finisher and saddle unit.

then "upgraded" them to a 958 and they wonder why i was leaving after 1 hour thinking i must of needed a part lol

Id quit if you made me work on either a B750/751 series or a C6500 ever again

Toxic
08-15-2019, 01:44 PM
Id quit if you made me work on either a B750/751 series or a C6500 ever again

Why so much hate C6500/6501 ,i still have few of them in the field and never had too much trouble with them.
It is a little bit of work and time when have to do full service,drum,developers,fuser...few hours of work but that comes with this job description ;)
In general newer machines is designed to do service easier and faster...

Synaux
08-15-2019, 04:42 PM
Why so much hate C6500/6501 ,i still have few of them in the field and never had too much trouble with them.
It is a little bit of work and time when have to do full service,drum,developers,fuser...few hours of work but that comes with this job description ;)
In general newer machines is designed to do service easier and faster...
Opinion piece:
I have have little experience with the 6500s, but they seem to be relegated to the general distaste the 601 receive. Those 601/751s did take more man hours to keep running, but are far cheaper to operate than say the x54series B/W box (which is a foolish machine compared to its color counterparts). You can rebuild almost everything on those old boxes instead of having to plug in expensive Lego blocks that are non-serviceable (kind of). They are definitely a more challenging box to work on, hell you actually need a multimeter to perform a PM. :eek: Whereas on newer machines, all you need is a phillips screwdriver for a "PM" and no need for a service manual.
Anyways, the 601s are good machines. They would be better if they were a little tighter in the dev/drum section, did not use that crappy foam that disintegrates over time (an ubiquitous issue at best), had a color scanner and had a waste toner system.

Custom Search