PDA

View Full Version : TN-321K conversion to TN-322

Custom Search

Toxic
08-14-2019, 01:29 PM
Did somebody try to put TN-321K in Bizhub 224e ?
I assume if developer is the same toner should be the same toner composition and it should work ok.
I dont have both to check what is difference on the toner bottle head.

Synaux
08-14-2019, 07:31 PM
Did somebody try to put TN-321K in Bizhub 224e ?
I assume if developer is the same toner should be the same toner composition and it should work ok.
I dont have both to check what is difference on the toner bottle head.

Konica provides end users with the MSDS for the toners, download from their site and compare the ingredients :rolleyes:

tsbservice
08-14-2019, 08:51 PM
Katun and PR sell compatible toners for both color and black bizhubs 224 series. Maybe by changing toner caps you could put less expensive 321 instead of 322 toner. If developer and TCR ratio are same for both don't see why not. Imho MSDS are not enough, they all said "some ingredients are between 10-25%" but not how much exactly, it's KM proprietary and they and all other manufacturers would not share this in public.
Just my 2 cents.

Synaux
08-14-2019, 10:54 PM
Katun and PR sell compatible toners for both color and black bizhubs 224 series. Maybe by changing toner caps you could put less expensive 321 instead of 322 toner. If developer and TCR ratio are same for both don't see why not. Imho MSDS are not enough, they all said "some ingredients are between 10-25%" but not how much exactly, it's KM proprietary and they and all other manufacturers would not share this in public.
Just my 2 cents.

Yeah, everything that I have seen is does not vary more than 10%.
The ingredients is enough to allow one to make an educated guess like in the cx52 and cx54 there is Iron Oxide and Manganese Oxide in the K toner, but not in the c650/550. So even though the cx52 will work with a head swap (or chip swap and breakin a tab), I dont use them in the c650s especially because the c650s have K IU issues.

Toxic
08-14-2019, 11:29 PM
I already check MSDS for both toners and they are the same.
I was wondering about bottle head difference but seems i will have to try myself.
As you mention C650/C652,few years ago we have about 30 spare toner cartridge for C650 ,replace chips broke some plastic tabs and all gone in C652 without any problem with print quality.
I dont really like to make experiment with compatible toner etc but i know few people who does that all the time and puting everything everywhere. :)
I know the man who has C258 and he use for about 100k prints TN-612 and TN-321 toners without problems by his words.

Custom Search