PDA

View Full Version : Remove paper from output tray when no paper is there.

Custom Search

JVC
08-14-2019, 09:11 PM
Hello

I have a strange one that I haven't seen before. bizhub c454e My customer is able to scan and print but when she tries to copy she gets a message saying to remove paper from output trays. I have attached a photo of the screen when it is in the error state. When she goes in and clears out the job in the job list other jobs will print but when it gets to another copy it shows this message again. I just had her run a copy using stapling and the machine did complete the copy. Any thoughts would be appreciated.

tsbservice
08-14-2019, 09:25 PM
I would start with FW update.

mo0651
08-14-2019, 09:28 PM
When the finisher is installed that output area is considered a tray. They have copies set to "OUTPUT" there. The sensor that detects paper level in that tray is failing, damaged,or
knocked out of position.:cool:

emujo2
08-15-2019, 01:28 PM
Test the finisher sensor that detects tray height(stacked jobs)..Have seen this go bad pretty frequently. Finisher can intermittantly think finisher output tray is full. E

Sysco
08-15-2019, 07:27 PM
If I god to see it's not the finisher output tray, it's the 3'd tray.
Maybe the sensor upper the fusing unit in the paper exit.
Try the duplex copy or print and let see.

tsbservice
04-24-2020, 08:59 AM
If I god to see it's not the finisher output tray, it's the 3'd tray.
Maybe the sensor upper the fusing unit in the paper exit.
Try the duplex copy or print and let see.

Agree, in Admin mode check:
Output Settings.
Select Output Tray Settings.
If the default output tray is set to Tray 3, change the output tray to Tray 1 (or Tray 2).

John Kaufmann
07-05-2022, 04:11 AM
I hate to come in on this so late, but did not have an answer to the OP in 2019 - or at all until last Friday. Since the OP, I've tried on several machines with attached finisher, and Exit Tray 3 has never worked: It always gives an error: "Please remove paper in the output tray" - when there is no paper in the tray. And I wondered: can ALL of those sensors be bad or misaligned/out of position?

On Friday I had an opportunity to check it further on a C368. The finisher FS-534SD was making a strange noise [still working on that], and once again my attempt to bypass the finisher to Tray 3 got the error message "Please remove paper in the output tray" - when there was no paper in the tray. So I removed the finisher and relay unit to get to the sensor... and found no sensor!

A search of the service manual showed that the phrase "sensor unit" is used for exactly two applications, at exactly one point in the MFP: where the paper exits to the Job Separator (in this case, JS-601) or to the Relay Unit/Finisher (RU-513/FS-534SD). A search of the parts lists for JS-601 and RU-513 shows both options use the same sensor assembly (A2YVR70100). [The assembly is not identified as such in the RU-513 parts list, but all eight components that make up the assembly are identical.] So this "Sensor Assy" is equivalent to the "sensor unit" in the service manual.

The function of this sensor unit/assembly depends on the option installed:

If JS/Job Separator, it controls the job separation.
If FS/Finisher, it senses paper height in Tray 3 (the top of the finisher relay unit).

So it must be installed for the Job Separator to work, but is not necessarily needed if a Finisher is installed -- and its absence might never be noticed, because output will usually be to the finisher. How likely is it that KM would simply not install the sensor assembly for MFPs that are destined to have attached finishers?

And - bonus question - for clients who want it, how tough might it be to get those sensor assemblies from KM?

femaster
07-05-2022, 02:58 PM
So it must be installed for the Job Separator to work, but is not necessarily needed if a Finisher is installed -- and its absence might never be noticed, because output will usually be to the finisher. How likely is it that KM would simply not install the sensor assembly for MFPs that are destined to have attached finishers?

And - bonus question - for clients who want it, how tough might it be to get those sensor assemblies from KM?

Depending on the finisher model you are looking at, the sensor assembly (A2YVR70100) you are referring to comes with the relay unit, or the finisher if the RU and FS are boxed together. That is the way all of ours have come anyway.

In any case, I plugged it into the ordering site on Konica here in the US and tried to order 10. They tell me that there are 5 available for shipping right away. Current part number is listed as: A2YVR70222. The cost comes in at under $30 each.

John Kaufmann
07-05-2022, 03:34 PM
Depending on the finisher model you are looking at, the sensor assembly (A2YVR70100) you are referring to comes with the relay unit, or the finisher if the RU and FS are boxed together. That is the way all of ours have come anyway.

Ah... so it just may be a common practice to install the finisher without sensor -- which suggests there may be a lot of "sensor units" kicking around unused (or trashed).

femaster
07-05-2022, 04:21 PM
Ah... so it just may be a common practice to install the finisher without sensor -- which suggests there may be a lot of "sensor units" kicking around unused (or trashed).

Very good possibility. I know we install it in all of our machines, but output tray 3 goes basically unused by the majority of our customers. I'd have to assume usage is pretty much the same other places as well, so I can see where some dealers might not even bother to take the time to install it since it's unlikely to ever be used anyway.

emujo2
07-05-2022, 04:36 PM

No it is not common practice to install w/o this sensor..The only finisher that doesn't need it is the Internal (FS-533 i think).. Very few users choose tray 3 as an output so unless have selected tray 3 as an output it would not be seen as a problem..This sensor only comes with the RU so it's not a spare that could get tossed. We have forgotted 1 or 2 over the years, but this is an infrequent issue. E

John Kaufmann
07-05-2022, 04:58 PM
No it is not common practice to install w/o this sensor..The only finisher that doesn't need it is the Internal (FS-533 i think).. Very few users choose tray 3 as an output so unless have selected tray 3 as an output it would not be seen as a problem..This sensor only comes with the RU so it's not a spare that could get tossed. We have forgotted 1 or 2 over the years, but this is an infrequent issue. E
Hm... I certainly respect your experience on this, but have seen too many examples of the tray 3 error (like the one that started this thread) to be explained by a normal sensor failure rate. (FWIW, the sensor assembly must also come with a JS, because it is needed there.) Now that I have seen this missing sensor on one, I will try to check it whenever I see the tray 3 error. I suspect it is omitted more often than we might care to think about.

dirtyfingers
07-10-2022, 11:00 AM
We had this same message a few years ago and it was our workshop techs not fitting the sensor as they didnt know where it went and they couldnt find any issues when they tested it.
Obvously not to output tray 3
Im sure there are many more out there without the sensor installed

rrrohan
07-11-2022, 02:57 AM
i had this issue on friday on a finisher thats output tray was under a bench top and raised hitting it with so much grunt it bent the hell out of bracket

it wasnt the optical sensor in tray it was the sensor on bracket that attaches to the rear belt not triggering a sensor due to it being bent. Support Plate Assy/ Rear

Custom Search