PDA

View Full Version : Dead Konica Minolta C754

Custom Search

G6token
08-19-2019, 07:54 PM
Currently having an issue where a c754 won’t completely turn on. Blank screen. But when the main switch is turned on the machine shows power but nothing to the screen or to show that it’s fully on. The MFP board was changed without luck, the prcb was changed without luck and also the high voltage board. All of those parts came out of a working C654 That I had removed and IH board from. Any suggestions, am I looking in the wrong place or is it that the machine is totaled. Customer originally reported that they had a surge of power when lighting hit during a thunder storm. The machine never came back up. Now I’ve put the boards back in the original copier and now it seems to have the same issue. 😩

Synthohol
08-19-2019, 08:21 PM
You can't just go changing boards on a 4 Series machine without being able to see the panel there's the machine version that needs to be entered based off of the serial number there is other firmware installation that needs to be done but you cannot just change the boards hoping to get the screen back just ask have you tried just changing the control panel
If you boot to a firmware stick does the panel come on? That would have been the 1st thing to try.
Also that's why there is business insurance. Have your customer place a claim. That machine is obsolete anyway.

G6token
08-19-2019, 09:02 PM
You can't just go changing boards on a 4 Series machine without being able to see the panel there's the machine version that needs to be entered based off of the serial number there is other firmware installation that needs to be done but you cannot just change the boards hoping to get the screen back just ask have you tried just changing the control panel
If you boot to a firmware stick does the panel come on? That would have been the 1st thing to try.
Also that's why there is business insurance. Have your customer place a claim. That machine is obsolete anyway.
Well now that I thought about it I should’ve tried the control panel. But now that’s I’ve reversed the board swap the machine that I took the boards from is having the same issue.

Woxner
08-19-2019, 09:29 PM
my guess when you switched boards you screwed the ssd bd up. on the 654 you can try and load firmware and be sure to ck or change machine type . other then that you will need to use the cleansing firmware to start over.

blackcat4866
08-20-2019, 01:40 AM
The original cause may have been the bad image memory, but now you have several other issues in addition. No you cannot successfully swap around boards on these machines. I think your best bet is to wrap up all the boards that you swapped around and send them to Hytec to repair and/or initialize. Otherwise you'll end up buying new boards, exceeding the value of both machines. Please be sure to follow the procedure in the manual when changing boards. The manual would have told you that it wasn't going to work. =^..^=

Custom Search