PDA

View Full Version : C454e consumables life setting

Custom Search

Taminol
08-20-2019, 04:15 PM
Hi Guys,

Not sure if I am missing something.
We have a C454e, it is set to DO NOT DISPLAY when life is reached for all consumables and also set to NO STOP.
However, we received a telephone call from the client saying that the machine is displaying TRANSFER ROLLER WILL REQUIRE REPLACING SOON and THE OZONE FILTER NEEDS TO BE REPLACED.
The machine has done 562k and the count for the Transfer roller and Ozone filter are at 18975M.
Not sure why the machine displayed those messages when it was set not to display them.
We've had this a couple of times on other devices recently, a Cxx4 and a Cxx8 series
Can anyone point me in the right direction please...?
Thanks

Phil B.
08-20-2019, 04:34 PM
Hi Guys,

We have a C454e, it is set to DO NOT DISPLAY when life is reached for all consumables and also set to NO STOP.
However, we received a telephone call from the client saying that the machine is displaying TRANSFER ROLLER WILL REQUIRE REPLACING SOON and THE OZONE FILTER NEEDS TO BE REPLACED.
The machine has done 562k and the count for the Transfer roller and Ozone filter are at 18975M.
Not sure why the machine displayed those messages when it was set not to display them.
We've had this a couple of times on other devices recently, a Cxx4 and a Cxx8 series
Thanks

that's because the parts it is saying are near life are SERVICE PARTS

you turned off CONSUMABLES notifications

Synaux
08-20-2019, 08:42 PM
that's because the parts it is saying are near life are SERVICE PARTS

you turned off CONSUMABLES notifications

Yup, you can release the counters in service mode. There is a service level setting somewhere in service mode, but don't recall the specifics.

copier tech
08-20-2019, 09:33 PM
Hi Guys,

Thanks

The ozone filter & transfer roller used to come with the transfer unit so one would change as a set

Quite often the transfer unit is replaced & the transfer roller & ozone filter rollers counters are forgotten to be reset.

Synthohol
08-20-2019, 09:33 PM
replace the transfer kit, t/belt t/roller and filters.
or roll the dice and reset (new release) the t/belt life and hope CQ does not go to hell.
your choice.

CompyTech
08-21-2019, 07:25 PM
You can reset the transfer roller and toner and ozone filter counters individually. If you reset the transfer belt it will reset those counters along with it.

REGSIS
08-23-2019, 04:33 PM
Hi Guys,

Thanks

There is option not to display EOL for transfer belt, but there's no options to turn off messages for ozone filter and transfer roller.

You can play with these options but it's highly recommended that you replace whole transfer kit when it reaches its life. On the other side you can prolong drum life and fuser life if they are ok.

tsbservice
08-23-2019, 06:54 PM
From SM (WTF is that!?)

(4) Warning Display – Near Life Display Settings​
(a) Use
• To set whether or not to display the near life warning of individual consumables.
• When [Do Not Display] is selected, a warning is not displayed at the time of near life detection. However, in CS Remote Care, near life
warning is always sent to the Center regardless of this setting.
• Applicable consumables are as follows:
Drum Unit, Developing Unit, Fusing Unit, Ozone Filter, Transfer Roller Unit, Image Transfer Belt Unit
(b) Default setting
• Display
(c) Setting item
• "Display"
• Do Not Display

Custom Search