PDA

View Full Version : Miscellaneous Bizhub 253 hanging massege.

Custom Search

Terna247
08-21-2019, 11:37 AM
Great techs, called to resolve a complaint on this BH 253. '' have the transfer belt replaced soon''. My attempts; Got the life counter checked, OK it read 15004 reasonably coming to the end of its life. Changed all known settings from system1/2 and billings. No success. Replaced the fuse on the transfer belt, still no head way. I tried resetting the counters but still same... Now am stuck up here....

tech51
08-21-2019, 11:43 AM
If I remember rightly there is an icp on the print control board that goes open and prevents the fuse in the transfer belt from blowing.

Cant remember which one though, it’s been a while since I worked on one of these machines.

Terna247
08-21-2019, 12:00 PM
[QUOTE=tech51;797547]If I remember rightly there is an icp on the print control board that goes open and prevents the fuse in the transfer belt from blowing.

Cant remember which one though, it’s been a while since I worked on one of these machines. It actually reached the life counter, but if the transfer belt can be replaced just wondering why the reminder just won't clear.

copyman
08-21-2019, 12:07 PM
Once the message is showing it will not clear by changing those settings.

I've had this exact thing several times and was never able to fully clear trans belt message. A few times I was able to clear messg and get it to register 1/2 full. I did this by installing latest F/W and changing dip switches according to bulletin on how to extend consumable life.

Problem is it will not blow the fuse and reset as the other poster mentioned.

Synthohol
08-21-2019, 12:15 PM
"Please replace transfer belt" message is still indicated after transfer unit was replaced. The Electronic Counter is also not reset. This normally happens when
the Transfer Belt unit is replaced for the very first time.
Solution
PROBABLE CAUSES:
1. PRCB has failed.
Replace the PRCB (p/n A02E H001 06).
2. The connector, CN33 (2-pin), on the Printer Control Board (PRCB) is not or is poorly connected. It is the ONLY 2-pin connector on the PRCB. This can
happen from the factory (it was never connected when the machine was manufactured). It can also happen if the PRCB is replaced due to failure.
Note : There is no information at all on the Wiring Diagrams or in the Service Manuals about this CN33 connector. In fact, the Wiring Diagram does not
show anything connected to this connector at all, but, in fact, it supplies24V DC to the Reset Fuse in the Transfer Belt Unit, so that it opens the fuse when a new
unit is installed.
Check CN33 on PRCB and reconnect it (it is normally tucked into the wiring harness).

Terna247
08-21-2019, 12:34 PM
Synthohol you just a gift in this forum. Am off to explore all options on this desk.

Terna247
08-21-2019, 05:41 PM
OK as I type the customer should have made 10$ by now.....
Actions;
Requested for the formal PRCB that a tech changed from the machine, replaced it, while cleanining thoroughly the the two pin slot suggested by SYNTHOHOL, the machine picked immediately but came up with same firmware code c-c163, thought of retuning the firmware but went on the first option of code clearance as suggested by one of us here, it went well. Powered it after 10 seconds and the machine went back to the message again!!!
Now I plucked out the HDD, FLEX cable that runs from the PHs.
Powered it back, cc163 showed up. This time around went straight to the 'life' in 'counter' of service mode and RESET it.
Without clearing the cc163, off the machine, kicked it back again and tried reading from the counters, like a PUDDED STUDDED MERCY, THE READINGS DROPPED FROM 150004 TO 105000 giving it a more working counts of 45000 copies.
Mounted the HDD, FLEX cable back, on and cleared the cc163 and we had a smile in that press...... I have a family here, thanks y'all.

copier tech
08-21-2019, 07:07 PM
Simply update the firmware then set SW 50 & 51 this enables the NO Stop setting.

This is from memory as i've not worked on a 3 series in many years!

Terna247
08-21-2019, 07:42 PM
Simply update the firmware then set SW 50 & 51 this enables the NO Stop setting.

This is from memory as i've not worked on a 3 series in many years!
I get it... Thank.

Custom Search