PDA

View Full Version : Bizhub C652 is permanent disconnected

Custom Search

ATPAS
08-22-2019, 01:34 PM
Hi

Our Bizhub C652 is not connected, but are available on web browser by IP.
If we print a page, select repair printer, the job is printed out, and then it becomes disconnected again.
Sometimes we get message on the C652; "Unable to connect to auth. device."

Any solutions on that?

Synthohol
08-22-2019, 02:13 PM
disable the auth. device.?
remove the loadable driver.
using the correct driver and not that universal garbage driver?
make sure account/copytrac and authentication are off in admin mode.
make sure account/copytrac and authentication are off in the driver defaults

if you cant find any of these settings, find and select 'print without authentication'
i mean you kinda answered your own problem with the question.

ATPAS
08-23-2019, 02:55 PM
I have the driver from Konica; C652SeriesPCL.
Admin on browser says on "Restrict User Access" Allow on all 3 available selections.
On C652:
Admin->User auth/tracking->General->User auth = OFF
Admin->User auth/tracking->General->User tracking = OFF

When I open the print dialog and selects User auth/tracking, the C652 alerts "Unable to connect to auth. device" on the screen.
Still no luck

Sysco
08-23-2019, 03:05 PM
Hi

Our Bizhub C652 is not connected, but are available on web browser by IP.
If we print a page, select repair printer, the job is printed out, and then it becomes disconnected again.
Sometimes we get message on the C652; "Unable to connect to auth. device."

Any solutions on that?

Have you got any Authentication Device installed on the machine like USB card Reader or something else?
I thing it is setting the Authentication Device on the MFP.
Try the Service menu and Stop->9 and Management Function Chioces and set off any type of authentication (Card1,Card2,Bio1,Bio2)

emujo2
08-23-2019, 06:38 PM
If you bought this used it may be in CAC/PIV mode..This is a form of authentication that can't be easliy removed. Usually seen in US government applications..Especially with the "unable to connect to authentication device" message. Post the firmware version and we can tell you if it's cac/piv. E

ATPAS
08-26-2019, 10:11 AM
Have you got any Authentication Device installed on the machine like USB card Reader or something else?
I thing it is setting the Authentication Device on the MFP.
Try the Service menu and Stop->9 and Management Function Chioces and set off any type of authentication (Card1,Card2,Bio1,Bio2)

When I open Management Function Choises, it says UNSET in top left corner. I have checked all items below this level, and could not see any selections that was enabled.

ATPAS
08-26-2019, 10:15 AM
If you bought this used it may be in CAC/PIV mode..This is a form of authentication that can't be easliy removed. Usually seen in US government applications..Especially with the "unable to connect to authentication device" message. Post the firmware version and we can tell you if it's cac/piv. E

We have had this machine for 6 years. We bought a Xerox C570 some weeks ago (that also does not work) and maybe the problem with the Konica happened when we installed the drivers for Xerox. We have deleted all drivers for Xerox just in case, but no luck.

Rolandito
08-31-2019, 04:58 AM
We have had this machine for 6 years. We bought a Xerox C570 some weeks ago (that also does not work) and maybe the problem with the Konica happened when we installed the drivers for Xerox. We have deleted all drivers for Xerox just in case, but no luck.

Please try to initialize to clear the network card from service mode. if it doesnt work, you maybe need to change mfp board.

ATPAS
09-05-2019, 10:53 AM
Please try to initialize to clear the network card from service mode. if it doesnt work, you maybe need to change mfp board.

Could not find that alternative.
But if network card wasn't OK, should we be able to open webbrowser, type in IP and everything is available then?

ATPAS
09-05-2019, 10:56 AM
We are able to print smaller things when we run "repair printer". When print spooler is restarting, the printer receive the job. If larger jobs, the file does not have enough time to send.

Synthohol
09-05-2019, 01:05 PM
are you using the model specific driver or the universal crap?
is the HDD set to "installed"?
is spool print jobs to HDD selected in admin/printer mode?
use a PS driver?

allan
09-05-2019, 05:00 PM
Follow the advise giving by previous posters.
Return to base firmware, format HDD, Initialize network settings.
Try switching of SNMP?

tsbservice
09-06-2019, 07:14 AM
Agree with others. I would delete and reinstall print drivers, next initialization of NIC settings and FW update. I had something similar with bizhub 363 and setting HDD to installed followed by FW update did the trick.

ATPAS
09-06-2019, 11:22 AM
are you using the model specific driver or the universal crap?
is the HDD set to "installed"?
is spool print jobs to HDD selected in admin/printer mode?
use a PS driver?

HDD is installed
Spool Print Jobs in HDD before RIP is ON
BHC652PSWinx64_3700EN.zip (5568 KB) driver is used. PCL-driver.

When using repair utility in Windows, it says Konica C652 is turned off.
So no contact.
But today I was able to get scanner to work. So now it is just Windows not detecting the printer.

Synthohol
09-06-2019, 11:49 AM
please tell me you use the IP address and port 9100 and not that stupid WSD port crap? or set to LPR by mistake?
make sure SNMP is on.
also lock in a speed 10/100 simplex/duplex etc...
the nic in the copier is auto negotiating and if connected to an auto negotiating hub/switch that can cause loss of connectivity as well.
also make sure port 161 and 162 are open on the computer, those ports are how the copier tells the PC its alive.

ATPAS
09-10-2019, 10:59 AM
please tell me you use the IP address and port 9100 and not that stupid WSD port crap? or set to LPR by mistake?
make sure SNMP is on.
also lock in a speed 10/100 simplex/duplex etc...
the nic in the copier is auto negotiating and if connected to an auto negotiating hub/switch that can cause loss of connectivity as well.
also make sure port 161 and 162 are open on the computer, those ports are how the copier tells the PC its alive.

IP address is used, and port is 9100. RAW, and SNMP activated public and index 1. Ports was not listed in use.

One strange thing; even if I install driver from Konica, this is the message:

Device SWD\PRINTENUM\{BEDF9C58-5662-47C0-8BF3-80AE72DFFF2A} was configured.
Driver Name: printqueue.inf
Class Guid: {1ed2bbf9-11f0-4084-b21f-ad83a8e6dcdc}
Driver Date: 06/21/2006
Driver Version: 10.0.18362.1
Driver Provider: Microsoft
Driver Section: NO_DRV_LOCAL
Driver Rank: 0x1
Matching Device Id: PRINTENUM\LocalPrintQueue
Outranked Drivers: oem39.inf:usbprint\konica_minoltac652_s37d5:00FF00 02 oem3.inf:usbprint\konica_minoltac652_s37d5:00FF000 2 oem39.inf:konica_minoltac652_s37d5:00FF1003 oem79.inf:konica_minoltac652_s37d5:00FF0003 oem3.inf:konica_minoltac652_s37d5:00FF1003 c_swdevice.inf:SWD\GenericRaw:00FF3001
Device Updated: false
Parent Device: SWD\PRINTENUM\PrintQueues

Synthohol
09-10-2019, 11:49 AM
what operating system?

BaconSteve
09-10-2019, 12:31 PM
My two cents:

You mentioned that the Xerox is “also not working”... as in printing issues as well? If so, maybe try printing to either (or both) mfp’s with a direct connection, NOT connected to the network but rather an ethernet cable from a pc directly to the nic card of the MFP. Preferably a laptop the has not previously been on this network. This would help isolate funky network issues and/or some IT tinkering with either a router, Cisco switch, or even Group Policy settings.

Also, don’t know about Bizhubs, but as far as the Xerox goes (and HP, and Sharp) LPR is the way to go, not raw/9100. Very important to set queue name to LP, check the box for “lpr byte counting”, and DEFINITELY disable snmp as it can cause a printer to show “offline” for no reason.

“Keep the change, ya filthy animal.”

ATPAS
09-10-2019, 12:46 PM
Xerox is OK now. That was "only" an error that was not reset.

Disable SNMP was the solution! :)
It's alive!!

Thanks!

tsbservice
09-10-2019, 07:32 PM
My two cents:

You mentioned that the Xerox is “also not working”... as in printing issues as well? If so, maybe try printing to either (or both) mfp’s with a direct connection, NOT connected to the network but rather an ethernet cable from a pc directly to the nic card of the MFP. Preferably a laptop the has not previously been on this network. This would help isolate funky network issues and/or some IT tinkering with either a router, Cisco switch, or even Group Policy settings.

Also, don’t know about Bizhubs, but as far as the Xerox goes (and HP, and Sharp) LPR is the way to go, not raw/9100. Very important to set queue name to LP, check the box for “lpr byte counting”, and DEFINITELY disable snmp as it can cause a printer to show “offline” for no reason.

“Keep the change, ya filthy animal.”
Although I do like your post, RAW protocol on port 9100 is the way Bizhubs should go.
Clearly OP had things messed up after installing Xerox drivers.

Synthohol
09-10-2019, 08:07 PM
Although I do like your post, RAW protocol on port 9100 is the way Bizhubs should go.
Clearly OP had things messed up after installing Xerox drivers.
100% agree unless there is a Fiery. then its LPR with Print as the queue name.
selecting LPR on an emperon controller is just asking for callbacks.

windows 10 auto installs printers using WSD which is a huge mistake. at least on the konicas.
always change to IP.

Custom Search