PDA

View Full Version : Photocopies but wont print Orange light flashing.

Custom Search

MrKis
08-23-2019, 11:32 AM
Can anyone explain where I might see the exact error code relating to the orange light.

The copier will photocopy fine but it will not print, says offline on client (pc).

There does not appear to be a life limit stop when I log in to the web access panel, although life limit is flashing a yellow caution for Ozone filter and transfer roller. Normally a limit stop causes a bar at the top saying 'Limit stop'.

The life limit warning was the same a month ago and everything was working then ok.
I have tried to reset these items but can't.

However, I suspect this is caused by the new drum unit I installed. I used a Konica Minolta one (unit is an Olivetti MF280) for the Bizhub c280. I was going to swap the chips around but after I installed the KM drum everything worked fine for several days. The old unit is now at the tip.

Is there any way of finding out exactly what the error code is?

occus
08-23-2019, 12:12 PM
I know the chips are different for toner! i can't remember but maybe the chips for drum are different to.

copyman
08-23-2019, 12:24 PM
If the drum was the issue with wrong chip, etc it would of never worked in the first place. I think you are looking at wrong thing. I think you need to figure out how to clear those "0%" consumables and orange light will go out.

MrKis
08-23-2019, 12:41 PM
If the drum was the issue with wrong chip, etc it would of never worked in the first place. I think you are looking at wrong thing. I think you need to figure out how to clear those "0%" consumables and orange light will go out.
this was my thinking too but there doesnt appear to be any stop error warning in the admin panel like there usually is and i have tried to reset the ozone filter and transfer roller but they don’t seem to want to reset (service mode > counter > life).

i still suspect this drum, why it worked for 2 days i dont know.

if only i could see a code somwhere?

Flash
08-23-2019, 10:37 PM
Go into service mode and press the oil can symbol in the upper left corner if there is one and see what codes it is displaying.

MrKis
08-24-2019, 12:20 AM
Go into service mode and press the oil can symbol in the upper left corner if there is one and see what codes it is displaying.

Many thanks for this tip. Is the oil can on the first page of the service mode?

I have been in and out of the service mode a few times but I don't remember seeing an oil can. I will check again next working day.

As there's an orange light, I guess there must be a code stored somewhere.

MrKis
08-27-2019, 10:57 AM
Many thanks for this tip. Is the oil can on the first page of the service mode?

I have been in and out of the service mode a few times but I don't remember seeing an oil can. I will check again next working day.

As there's an orange light, I guess there must be a code stored somewhere.

ok, there is a code it’s

L-5

i think that relates to transfer belt out of life

strange because the warning only says change transfer belt soon and there is no life limit stop warning also I cant seem to reset this in service mode .

MrKis
08-27-2019, 12:52 PM
update

resetting the transfer belt from the ‘new release’ menu in service mode sorted this error.

There was no life limit warning pertaining to the ITB itself only the transfer roller.

The L-5 code was the only clue.

Custom Search