PDA

View Full Version : Scan to folder on MAC/OSX 10.13 and above

Custom Search

Rewind!
08-26-2019, 08:01 PM
Ok, hopefully this post helps someone else out in this similar situation. We have a customer with a 284e, as we all know the 4 series only supports SMBV1/V2. Everything that I have read states that all macs above 10.13 only support SMBV3. After a week of virtual machine configs, and trial and error I have it scanning to folder using webdav.

1.In the MAC app store there is a free application named WebDav Server. download and install.( WebDAVNav Server on the Mac App Store (https://apps.apple.com/us/app/webdavnav-server/id747482894?mt=12) )
2. Set a static IP on the machine ( I tried using the hostname but it was never sucesfully resolved)
3.Configure the settings in the application
4.Set the appropriate user name and pass
5.Run the server.

Set up a Onetouch address on the MFP,

1. Enter all info related to address onetouch
2. In the hostname enter the static IP address you set on the mac.
3. In the path enter a "/" as WebDav is a Unix protocol
4. Enter the user and password. (again as this is Unix, please remember that both the user and password are case senstitive)

Test and boom! everything should work out well. Hope this helps someone else out!

JC

mincopier
08-26-2019, 09:56 PM
This will be handy

I have gotten an "e" series to scan to a newer MAC with updated software, once. Have not tried another MAC. I use a MAC laptop everyday but have not tried from other machines. Also I'm not sure if I still have any tweeks still active from earlier tries.

Just took a quick look on the Windows side. Looks like this might work on Windows also though IIS must be setup for this to work. As for using a 3rd party app I have not looked at that yet.

aviso66
01-31-2022, 02:24 AM
Ok, hopefully this post helps someone else out in this similar situation. We have a customer with a 284e, as we all know the 4 series only supports SMBV1/V2. Everything that I have read states that all macs above 10.13 only support SMBV3. After a week of virtual machine configs, and trial and error I have it scanning to folder using webdav.

1.In the MAC app store there is a free application named WebDav Server. download and install.( WebDAVNav Server on the Mac App Store (https://apps.apple.com/us/app/webdavnav-server/id747482894?mt=12) )
2. Set a static IP on the machine ( I tried using the hostname but it was never sucesfully resolved)
3.Configure the settings in the application
4.Set the appropriate user name and pass
5.Run the server.

Set up a Onetouch address on the MFP,

1. Enter all info related to address onetouch
2. In the hostname enter the static IP address you set on the mac.
3. In the path enter a "/" as WebDav is a Unix protocol
4. Enter the user and password. (again as this is Unix, please remember that both the user and password are case senstitive)

Test and boom! everything should work out well. Hope this helps someone else out!

JC

hi wouldnt this be a problem if i set the mac into static IP? for example if it's a laptop? bec if it connects to other network..

Custom Search