PDA

View Full Version : Color clicks count PCL

Custom Search

nbf
08-29-2019, 12:09 PM
Hello,

Sorry for double posting, I canīt delete the old thread, which is only displayed in printable form.

I am new in the forum, and a new to printing whith pcl / ps.

We have changed our system for printing invoices to "planetpress connect", which produces PCL-output files for our Konica Minolta Bizhub C754e production printers.
As we looked at the click count, we saw, that images and barcodes are counted as color. These images and barcodes should be in graystyle, according to the settings in the software.

Of the invoice we only need two pages in color, which are printed from two different trays, all other trays could be printed in black-white.

A little background about the software:
The software take a spool file from a AS/400 IBM System, and matches all data in the spool.
These data is then merged with a html template created with the designer of PlanetPress Connect.
After that the programm creates pcl / ps / pdf - files, as desired.
All this runs in an automated process.

So we have only little options for setups in the pcl creating process.

The manufactorer is searching a solution for this problem.
Now my question is, if it is possible to set specific tray of the C754e to black-white print?
This could be a solution for between for us.

Thanks for answers.

nbf

Synthohol
08-29-2019, 12:33 PM
in the driver click on grayscale/black ?

KenB
08-29-2019, 01:24 PM
in the driver click on grayscale/black ?Are you using a driver? Or are you sending ps, pcl, or image files directly to the machine?

If a page contains ANY jpg files, most machines will count them as color, even if the content is only B/W or greyscale. (We had a customer go ballistic about that a few years back when he was getting billed for too many color clicks.)

darry1322
08-29-2019, 01:28 PM
If it's printing in auto color selection this line may be adding some color data to the page which would cause the mfp to print in color mode.

"These data is then merged with a html template created with the designer of PlanetPress Connect."

I'm not aware of any way to set a specific tray as a monochrome print tray.

nbf
08-29-2019, 01:35 PM
Are you using a driver? Or are you sending ps, pcl, or image files directly to the machine?

If a page contains ANY jpg files, most machines will count them as color, even if the content is only B/W or greyscale. (We had a customer go ballistic about that a few years back when he was getting billed for too many color clicks.)

The pcl-file are sendet directly to the machine, and every page contains a logo, so each page gets billed as color.

blackcat4866
08-29-2019, 02:27 PM
So you have your answer. If there is a single pixel of color on the page then it's a color print. In addition you are not using the manufacturers driver, so none of those settings are applicable. Printers are dumb devices. You send color data, it prints color data. That's it. If you don't want color data, don't send color data. Its up to Planet Press now. =^..^=

Custom Search