PDA

View Full Version : insufficient memory + hdd unrecognized

Custom Search

burgeroo
08-30-2019, 02:20 PM
Hi!
First of all, I am not a certified tech, but i have been working on Konika Minolta printers since 2011 in a copy center.

I now have 2x KM bizhub 751 machines for personal use, both in working order mostly.

I use them quite often, and one of the main functions that I use is multiple page scanning from the glass. By multiple i mean usually 100+, even 150+ pages sometimes.
my problem with both of them is: when i get to around 60 pages scanned, it gives me a message with the following warning (not error code): "The job has been deleted due to insufficient memory." while bottom left onscreen memory percentage is 51%.

My first thought after this was to put an extra 1 gb of ram in it (can this help in scanning?), but when i opened the back of the machine up, i noticed that it has a seagate 250gb hdd installed, but it does not appear anywhere in the service menu, and neither in the admin settings. all info i found regarding hdds say, go into admin setting -> security setting -> hdd setting (no.6 on keypad), but in the security settings, everything regarding hdd is missing, there is only a blank space instead.

How can I try to sort the unrecognized hdd problem out? even in the service menu, in state confirmation the hdd says unset.

I can try updating the firmware, but my problem is, i cant find the newer firmware anywhere.

p.s. dont know the history of the machines before i bought them.

thanks in advance!

BluaboardTwice
08-14-2020, 06:49 PM
Hi!
First of all, I am not a certified tech, but i have been working on Konika Minolta printers since 2011 in a copy center.

I now have 2x KM bizhub 751 machines for personal use, both in working order mostly.

I use them quite often, and one of the main functions that I use is multiple page scanning from the glass. By multiple i mean usually 100+, even 150+ pages sometimes.
my problem with both of them is: when i get to around 60 pages scanned, it gives me a message with the following warning (not error code): "The job has been deleted due to insufficient memory." while bottom left onscreen memory percentage is 51%.

My first thought after this was to put an extra 1 gb of ram in it (can this help in scanning?), but when i opened the back of the machine up, i noticed that it has a seagate 250gb hdd installed, but it does not appear anywhere in the service menu, and neither in the admin settings. all info i found regarding hdds say, go into admin setting -> security setting -> hdd setting (no.6 on keypad), but in the security settings, everything regarding hdd is missing, there is only a blank space instead.

How can I try to sort the unrecognized hdd problem out? even in the service menu, in state confirmation the hdd says unset.

I can try updating the firmware, but my problem is, i cant find the newer firmware anywhere.

p.s. dont know the history of the machines before i bought them.

thanks in advance!

Most likely HDD is not set. This must be done in service mode. You have to format once it is set. Meaning you lose address book and other settings. I advise pay for a service tech to come out and do things right.

Synthohol
08-14-2020, 07:52 PM
Just select "installed" for the hdd. There may be a delay after selecting it, this is annoyingly normal.
You may not have to format anything once it's turned back on. Sometimes this happens after an "all clear" or firmware upgrade.
Just set it to installed and report back.
Thx.
Oh, setting the hdd is in system 2 if I recall. In service mode I mean.

tsbservice
08-14-2020, 08:05 PM
Old thread, OP only sole post ;)

Custom Search