PDA

View Full Version : How many pages can be scanned as one job? 4, 4e, 8, 8e - series

Custom Search

tsbservice
08-31-2019, 11:40 AM
I never wondered, still someone may find this information helpful.

Answer:
The limit for scanning is 3000 pages regardless of the amount of remaining memory displayed on the screen while scanning.

blackcat4866
08-31-2019, 02:51 PM
Clearly, you're not talking about scan-to-email, and not color, and not high-resolution. I've had endusers exceed their email attachment limits with as few as (5) pages, color photo, 600dpi.

So is this SMB, TWAIN, WSD? You have a customer that wanted more than 3000 pages in a single file? I've seem 1000 pages SMB regularly ... it takes a while, but it does go through.

On the same line of thought: I'm really amazed how quickly the Canon tabletop scanners can feed and process the data. An SMB scan can sit and process for minutes after the pages are scanned, but the Canon software is processing the data at speed while scanning. One second after the last page passes, the scan is processed. Amazing! =^..^=

tsbservice
08-31-2019, 04:49 PM
So is this SMB, TWAIN, WSD? You have a customer that wanted more than 3000 pages in a single file? I've seem 1000 pages SMB regularly ... it takes a while, but it does go through.
=^..^=

I can't answer BC as I found this whilst roaming through service site. I can imagine clients doing Separate scan to a shared folder(SMB) who wants to run massive amount of docs and save to a single file.
Anyway I never know what the limit is(in this aspect) and think here is a good place to share.

copyman
08-31-2019, 08:45 PM
Clearly, you're not talking about scan-to-email, and not color, and not high-resolution. I've had endusers exceed their email attachment limits with as few as (5) pages, color photo, 600dpi.

On the same line of thought: I'm really amazed how quickly the Canon tabletop scanners can feed and process the data. An SMB scan can sit and process for minutes after the pages are scanned, but the Canon software is processing the data at speed while scanning. One second after the last page passes, the scan is processed. Amazing! =^..^=

The Canon high end scanners , i.e. DR-G1100 use USB connection and scan at 100+ ppm. There is no network connection available. So I'm assuming this is Twain scanning?

rrrohan
09-01-2019, 05:27 AM
We have a customer that is constantly crashing the copier due to scanning to much.

Mind you they scan via FTP to a USB stick that's shared by plugging straight into a entry level consumer router so that probably isn't helping loo

blackcat4866
09-01-2019, 08:12 PM
The Canon high end scanners , i.e. DR-G1100 use USB connection and scan at 100+ ppm. There is no network connection available. So I'm assuming this is Twain scanning?

I would think so. =^..^=

emujo2
09-04-2019, 02:48 PM

Answer:
The limit for scanning is 3000 pages regardless of the amount of remaining memory displayed on the screen while scanning.
Where did you finf this tidbit?? I have customers running several times that amount using sep scan and autostore. Ed

CopierNerd
09-04-2019, 05:17 PM

Answer:

3000 seems impossible to me. why? In my experience With DSDF one file scans only 200 to 250 pages, after it stops. RAM is 4gb and memory decrease to 85% then it crashes, stops scanning and save file with the scanned pages.

I was also looking for solution. How to scan more pages without stopping or crashing?

guitar9199
09-04-2019, 07:18 PM

TWAIN = "Pull Scanning".

SMB/Email/FTP = "Push" scanning (Universal Send in Canon parlance)

"TWAIN" - Technology Without An Interesting Name

(.....Computer nerds are weird....LOL!)

rrrohan
09-05-2019, 08:41 AM
is scan to URL a better option for bulk scans?

wait until the copier isnt being used (or atleast not hammered) then clink on the link in email to start download from copier.

youd think it saving it on its own hard drive and not then also uploading to a scan folder would take some of the work load off it

Custom Search