PDA

View Full Version : Konica Minolta C364 or c364e which Coin box works on these models

Custom Search

linakerd
09-02-2019, 02:17 AM
Hi All,
We are based in Sydney, Aus. One of Clients would like to install a coin vend feature to there KM c364. we current use a coin vend on our Toshiba models but the tell us there coin vend machines are not compatible with Konica.

Can anyone point me in the right direction to get this feature n the Konica>

TIA

mjunkaged
09-02-2019, 02:21 AM
I haven't worked with coin vends for decades, but it seems to me if you contact the coin vend manufacturer or their site, they should sell different interface harnesses for different brand copiers, models and their wiring. Last time I checked, no coin vend mfr. in their right mind would only make their product for ONE brand!

linakerd
09-02-2019, 02:39 AM
I haven't worked with coin vends for decades, but it seems to me if you contact the coin vend manufacturer or their site, they should sell different interface harnesses for different brand copiers, models and their wiring. Last time I checked, no coin vend mfr. in their right mind would only make their product for ONE brand!

I thought that. they say its down to the signal the machine sends and there coin vend is analog. I haven't worked with them for years so have to rely on what the Coin vend mfr tells me.

Synthohol
09-02-2019, 04:04 AM
ACDI Hardware Payment Solutions (https://www.acd-inc.com/hardwarepaymentsolutions/)

allan
09-02-2019, 07:58 AM
Yes the vending methods changed quite a bit. The universities sell prepaid units on RFID cards that does not use the old vendor interface at all.
The coin controller on a newer color machine needs to charge for color or black and white, scanning and USB printing.

Here is the controllers i prefer due to ease of uses.
Cartadis CM4000
Needs a special interface convertor for KM and then the correct country coin unit.
Coin mechanism for copier Archives - Cartadis (https://www.cartadis.com/gamme/coin-mechanism-for-copier/)

copyman
09-02-2019, 02:26 PM
I thought the OEM's all use a standard connection for coin-ops? Although "coin" might be the wrong choice of words now a days. Like others have said most machines use credit or prepaid cards. I know college students can print to library copiers by swiping their school ID card.

blackcat4866
09-02-2019, 02:55 PM
... Needs a special interface convertor for KM and then the correct country code. ...

Most KM's require the special interface cable and Stop9 vendor mode set.

If you're installing a new coin vend unit polarity is not important, but on older coin vend units I've had to re-position a few pins to get the correct polarity. Fortunately for me, the tech support guy I spoke to had been doing this over 25 years, and had no difficulty with rewiring the harness.
=^..^=

allan
09-02-2019, 05:30 PM
Most KM's require the special interface cable and Stop9 vendor mode set.

If you're installing a new coin vend unit polarity is not important, but on older coin vend units I've had to re-position a few pins to get the correct polarity. Fortunately for me, the tech support guy I spoke to had been doing this over 25 years, and had no difficulty with rewiring the harness.
=^..^=

Had to solder wires directly to sensor outputs on the trays and exit on the Kyoceras before. Fun to hack away at a brand new machine.

copyman
09-03-2019, 03:10 AM
This thread brought to mind a company that was everywhere back in the day selling copies. Although they didn't use coin boxes I wired "mechanical" counters from copier to near cash register where the worker could see how pages were copied. Think the company was TRM (Yellow sign)? And they used all kinds of copiers but most I remember were "liquid" Savin copiers. Think the copies were 15 cents each? Most drugstores, 7-11's & other Dot stores had them. Back then it was the post office for 25 cents or TRM for 15 cents. This was before Staples, Office Depot, etc. This TRM company made a mint selling copies!

I still have a few Dot stores that own their own "older" copiers and sell copies. I got rid of the ones that always tried to lower the price after I did the work. Just about 6 months ago I ripped up a bill and told the owner never to call me again after he tried to pay me $50 when the bill was $105 !!!

Sorry didn't meant to go off topic.

oldschool
09-03-2019, 05:17 PM
The Key counter interface (analog) on a Konica Minolta will only charge one price. The copier would use the Key Counter I/F Vendor setting when connecting a coin box or it will jam when funds run out. The Jamex model 9557 (https://www.jamexvending.com/series/9550-series-network-enabled-payment-solutions) for multiprice models has separate B/W vs Color pricing for three paper sizes for copy, Scan Print. Faxing is charged as a connect fee and a per page fee. If you search your Konica Minolta Manual for "Vendor" and "Vender" You should see the connections and settings used. Jamex hardware is available directly through Konica Minolta in the US but I'm not sure about Australia.

One caveat you may need to address, We do not stock bill and change handlers for Australian currency. For the machines we have placed in Australia, the dealers have purchased the MDB coin and bill acceptors locally.

cricketsi
02-04-2020, 08:43 PM
Hi All,
We are based in Sydney, Aus. One of Clients would like to install a coin vend feature to there KM c364. we current use a coin vend on our Toshiba models but the tell us there coin vend machines are not compatible with Konica.

Can anyone point me in the right direction to get this feature n the Konica>

TIA

We install SEM vend towers on Konica's. Hope you found what you need.

Here's their site, just in case. Home page (https://sem.ca/)

Custom Search