PDA

View Full Version : Jamming C558 missfeeding from all trays except tray 1

Custom Search

jonw
09-02-2019, 07:18 PM
Hi all need some help. C558 jamming at transport rollers hence why tray 1 still working . If you feed from say tray 2 with side door open sometimes transport rollers spin sometimes they dont and you can hear a buzzing noise from transport motor (no clutches on these ) Ordered motor no good . ordered MFPB which motor plugs into..No luck. Any ideas please ? Cheers

allan
09-02-2019, 07:54 PM
Could be your 24V supply that the stepper motors need to run?
Those stepper motor are real tough and almost never gets damaged, unless its a production machine with like 30M prints on it.
More likely that the bushings and shaft will cease up.

Make sure the drive is not stiff, when a stepper cant deliver the torque needed they do buzz.
Sure the one way clutches are of the correct rotation direction and functional?
There is a one way clutch that works just after the first belt driven gear for the tray motor. One way runs tray1 the other way runs tray2
The transport motor seems to be driving the transport roller only.

jonw
09-02-2019, 08:35 PM
Could be your 24V supply that the stepper motors need to run?
Those stepper motor are real tough and almost never gets damaged, unless its a production machine with like 30M prints on it.
More likely that the bushings and shaft will cease up.

Make sure the drive is not stiff, when a stepper cant deliver the torque needed they do buzz.
Sure the one way clutches are of the correct rotation direction and functional?
There is a one way clutch that works just after the first belt driven gear for the tray motor. One way runs tray1 the other way runs tray2
The transport motor seems to be driving the transport roller only.
Hi Allan thanks for replying so quick ! Even LCT jams . You can stop transport rollers with your finger when door open and you get stepper motor buzzing ! Power supply was my next step ! cheers Jon

blackcat4866
09-02-2019, 09:49 PM
I seem to recall that there is a PF board in between that has a higher failure rate. Maybe I'm thinking of something else ...

Yeah, M23 plugs into the expansion control board (EXCB). I'd place my bet there. =^..^=

REGSIS
09-03-2019, 06:12 AM
Hi all need some help. C558 jamming at transport rollers hence why tray 1 still working . If you feed from say tray 2 with side door open sometimes transport rollers spin sometimes they dont and you can hear a buzzing noise from transport motor (no clutches on these ) Ordered motor no good . ordered MFPB which motor plugs into..No luck. Any ideas please ? Cheers

What jam code?

Most likely is 20-02 since it's jamming from trays 2&3.
In that case replace drive roller (two grey rollers on shaft between first and second paper feeder) and it's clutch (on the same shaft).

allan
09-03-2019, 08:11 AM
There is no clutches on the C558 the smaller machines in the same series use clutches for paper transport.

Strange problem in deed.

Looking into BC's suggestion. He is correct M23 does not plug into the MFPB but into the expansion board!
Smelling a fried motor driver there. I do repair those...

jonw
09-03-2019, 08:25 AM
I seem to recall that there is a PF board in between that has a higher failure rate. Maybe I'm thinking of something else ...

Yeah, M23 plugs into the expansion control board (EXCB). I'd place my bet there. =^..^=

A big thanks for this .The engineer who attended told me it plugged into MFP...Should have checked. EXPB is a good shout. cheers.

Leyahné
09-03-2019, 09:52 AM
Please check the belt that drives the second feed. Had it on a B458e with the same noise. Belt came off.

Sent from my SM-N960F using Tapatalk

jonw
09-05-2019, 06:42 PM
Hi Blackcat4866 EXCB faulty ...cheers Thanks for all your comments :)

blackcat4866
09-05-2019, 11:06 PM
Congratulations on your success! =^..^=

Custom Search