PDA

View Full Version : C754e MFP board replacement

Custom Search

copyman
09-03-2019, 01:54 PM
Trying to get a definitive answer on replacing these boards. Even though the serv manual says you shouldn't take board from one machine to another you can do it "for troubleshooting purposes". I've swapped SSD from one machine to another but not the MFP.

Can someone explain in detail the procedure? I don't care about the original meters, etc.
For instance I have a good working parts machine I want to take the MFP board and put into a customers C754e that MFP board was damaged from lightning. Sent board to Hytec and they said it was unrepairable.

Can I just take the MFP & SSD and put right into customers machine? Or use customers SSD? Do I use the reset F/W to cleanse MFP board first? Any info on how to do this greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance

blackcat4866
09-03-2019, 03:26 PM
I don't know all the details, but I'll give you what I've got:

The machines "identity" however we're going to define that, is stored in at least 4 places: MFPB, SSD, HDD, and Op Panel Pwb.

You may change one of those items with an "initialized" board, that can accept the machines identity. If the board is not initialized it will just error out. If you change two of those items simultaneously it will just error out. Three must be the same and the fourth " initialized" to accept the data.

On this model there is the MFPB Tool. It's a special software that initializes the MFPB, so it looks just like the new one or the one you just got from Hytec, to the machine. It's kind of long, drawn out process. It took me about 1/2 a day to get my machine back up running again after using the Tool. I have notes if you care to see them. =^..^=

Jessetech
09-03-2019, 07:38 PM
can we obtain that software on there website?

blackcat4866
09-03-2019, 07:40 PM
Yes the MFP Board Tool is either under special firmware or utilities. =^..^=

copyman
09-03-2019, 08:37 PM
I don't know all the details, but I'll give you what I've got:

The machines "identity" however we're going to define that, is stored in at least 4 places: MFPB, SSD, HDD, and Op Panel Pwb.

You may change one of those items with an "initialized" board, that can accept the machines identity. If the board is not initialized it will just error out. If you change two of those items simultaneously it will just error out. Three must be the same and the fourth " initialized" to accept the data.

On this model there is the MFPB Tool. It's a special software that initializes the MFPB, so it looks just like the new one or the one you just got from Hytec, to the machine. It's kind of long, drawn out process. It took me about 1/2 a day to get my machine back up running again after using the Tool. I have notes if you care to see them. =^..^=

Hi BC, Can you please PM me those notes.

Also the F/W tool you are talking about is that the same as the reset tool?

Thanks!

bsm2
09-03-2019, 08:48 PM
We did one and had to call Konica for some secret numbers to input to the main board to get it work.

allan
09-03-2019, 09:55 PM
Its even possible without the tool. Did it on a couple of C364e machines.
Trick is to only change one at a time including the SSD.
So take MFPB from donor machine and test on field machine.
If it works just leave it in there, make sure life stop is switched off afterwards!
If that was not the problem take MFPB back to donor install and boot it before taking the next board.
Same for the original boards and machine.

Do at own risk...

2 of the 3 components with the same ID will allow a donor part.
Change 2 out of 3 at the same time and you have a brick.

Will the reset tool in that case save it?

blackcat4866
09-03-2019, 11:33 PM

2 of the 3 components with the same ID will allow a donor part.
Change 2 out of 3 at the same time and you have a brick.

Will the reset tool in that case save it?

If 2/3 is new or different, no. =^..^=

copier tech
09-04-2019, 08:24 AM
Trying to get a definitive answer on replacing these boards. Even though the serv manual says you shouldn't take board from one machine to another you can do it "for troubleshooting purposes". I've swapped SSD from one machine to another but not the MFP.

Can someone explain in detail the procedure? I don't care about the original meters, etc.
For instance I have a good working parts machine I want to take the MFP board and put into a customers C754e that MFP board was damaged from lightning. Sent board to Hytec and they said it was unrepairable.

Can I just take the MFP & SSD and put right into customers machine? Or use customers SSD? Do I use the reset F/W to cleanse MFP board first? Any info on how to do this greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance

Yes you can swap a used board to another machine we've done this a few times.

See attached guide.

copyman
09-07-2019, 02:04 AM
Success! Wasn't too bad. At first kept getting one weird code after the other and then dreaded HDD password locked message. After using the reset tool a few times and starting over I used the instructions from what you would get from K/M with a cleansed board. The problem was the machine and type were wrong. I set machine & type, mine was at 0-1. Changed it to 0-0 (C754e) and went through the steps as noted. Got the D-010 for hdd, did logical format, off/on and up came the ready to copy screen, Beautiful thing! Installed movie data and all is good. If I had a beer in truck I would of cracked it open at 10:30 AM!

Just to clarify this was a board from another machine and I left the 2 sticks of ram in but used the SSD from the original host machine. All original counts came back.

Thanks to everyone and special shout out to BC for the precise instructions and other help

PS,
Will be posting a question about formatting the SSD in next few days.

srvctec
09-12-2019, 10:13 PM
Yes the MFP Board Tool is either under special firmware or utilities. =^..^=

I sure can't find it anywhere on MyKonicaMinolta. First did a search on the pages of firmware and special firmware as well as on the Utilities page for "reset", "mfpb", "tar", "tool" with no luck (searching on the C454e in One Stop). Since no results found (well, except for the SSD board tool to change boot to 6.03m), manually scrolled through all of these pages with no luck either. I was just wanting to download the reset tool in all the flavors available, to have on hand in the event we ever need to do a board swap.

copyman
09-13-2019, 02:00 AM
if you still need it PM me.

Walterj
09-15-2019, 08:24 AM
I sure can't find it anywhere on MyKonicaMinolta. First did a search on the pages of firmware and special firmware as well as on the Utilities page for "reset", "mfpb", "tar", "tool" with no luck (searching on the C454e in One Stop). Since no results found (well, except for the SSD board tool to change boot to 6.03m), manually scrolled through all of these pages with no luck either. I was just wanting to download the reset tool in all the flavors available, to have on hand in the event we ever need to do a board swap.

good day
Dear
if you have access to mykonica and you couldn't find the reset tools you don't know how to use that website
fw 6.02n 6.03m 6.05 are for the SSD and do not have problems of constant reboots of the equipment
But they should know that these fw must be installed scalable
Regards.

srvctec
09-16-2019, 02:52 PM
good day
Dear
if you have access to mykonica and you couldn't find the reset tools you don't know how to use that website
fw 6.02n 6.03m 6.05 are for the SSD and do not have problems of constant reboots of the equipment
But they should know that these fw must be installed scalable
Regards.

Thanks for telling me I don't know how to use a website I've used regularly since its inception (I'm legacy Minolta for 31 years). It seems you like to just chime in a whole bunch of threads lately while not having anything to say for years, like your answer now is the definitive one, for some reason.

Thanks again!

Custom Search