PDA

View Full Version : bizhub c454 Jam Code 99-01

Custom Search

CopierNerd
09-03-2019, 06:06 PM
bizhub c454,

JAM Code is 99-01.

Read the manual.

There is little info about it. Checked all the things mentioned. According to manual its about paper size error or incorrect paper size/type.

Total Counter : 270K

Paper jam in fusing section at number 11. I have checked the actuator of exit senor and cleaned the sensor if there is any dirt on it. But still error is there. Some times does not jam at all. 500 prints no jam. 50 prints no jam. some times jam after 8 or 10 prints. Jamming is intermittent and random.

Did not check any clutch but cleaned rollers. Same jam code from every tray. I have read old threads about this code. DIP switch 145, Hex assignment :00002.

No error about paper size. Original size selected in driver interface is 8.5x11, output size is A4. Paper loaded in trays are A4. Strange this machine does not give any error about matching paper size unless paper type is changed from plain to any other.

I am wondering if its from registration sensor or its actuator?

any suggestions?

Synthohol
09-03-2019, 06:40 PM
Two suggestions number one they could start by choosing the correct paper size in the job and number two in the printer settings make sure it's set to convert letter\ledger to A4\A3 that will help the machine automatically resize it especially when it's sent incorrectly from the driver and lastly just a general check of the bushings for the registration roller they tend to collect toner and dust bind up and slow everything down resulting in what it thinks is a paper size error when in fact it's just paper moving slowly because the bushings are bound up

techie0419
09-03-2019, 08:22 PM
Have you come across this bulletin? 43483

allan
09-03-2019, 10:05 PM
99-XX codes are logical jams.
Say the paper tray is set to A4 but the timing on the sensors times out or switches to soon on the trailing edge.
Paper tray is set incorrectly or broken is one case. Say A4 is loaded LEF but the tray registers SEF.
Or just a dirty or bad sensor...

CopierNerd
09-04-2019, 05:30 PM
Have you come across this bulletin? 43483

Thank you very much for sharing this bulletin. I have checked DIP switch 145 and its bit and Hex assignment. According to solution, The default value is switch 145, bit 10, Hex Assignment is 02 is default value, which stops paper if there is no matching size.and if we want to solve this problem then we should try changing the values to bit all 000000 and Hex assignment to 02. But this cannot be done.Reason is if we change bit to 0 the hex assignment automatically goes to zero. I never tried pressing the alphabets shown downside. like A,S,F so on. Neither it was mentioned in bulletin how to change it.

Firmware must be minimum G20-G9 or above. I upgraded to G20-K9 but issue not resolved.

So this bulletin did not help sorting out the problem. Though it was nice gesture from your side.

allan
09-04-2019, 10:45 PM
Thank you very much for sharing this bulletin. I have checked DIP switch 145 and its bit and Hex assignment. According to solution, The default value is switch 145, bit 10, Hex Assignment is 02 is default value, which stops paper if there is no matching size.and if we want to solve this problem then we should try changing the values to bit all 000000 and Hex assignment to 02. But this cannot be done.Reason is if we change bit to 0 the hex assignment automatically goes to zero. I never tried pressing the alphabets shown downside. like A,S,F so on. Neither it was mentioned in bulletin how to change it.

Firmware must be minimum G20-G9 or above. I upgraded to G20-K9 but issue not resolved.

So this bulletin did not help sorting out the problem. Though it was nice gesture from your side.

You are right you spotted an error there.
BIN 00 = Hex 00
BIN 10 = Hex 02

Hex assignment is a quicker way then setting the bits one by one.

tekkie
09-05-2019, 08:19 PM
Look for my post for same jam code tekkie

Custom Search