PDA

View Full Version : Konica Minolta Bizhub 350 Touch Screen Not Working

Custom Search

badams
09-05-2019, 05:19 PM
Hi Everyone, new member here but been a lurker for a while.
Sorry about the title, I know there are many many results on here with the same title, and I assure you I've read them all lol.

A client of mine recently acquired a used BizHub 350 all in one printer. Its an obvious old unit that I have no experience with, but it seemed to work great for the first week or two. Then the touch screen stopped responding altogether.
After lurking through post after post on here, as well as days of Google searching, everything seemed to point to the digitizer - seems to be a common failure point. So we ordered a replacement, installed it and still no response. Some suggestions were to do a screen calibration however from what I read (press microswitch to reset, when dot shows up on left of screen press #3, enter the code and press end) I get stuck on the "press end" because the screen is unresponsive.

I'm at a bit of a loss here - is there something straight forward I'm missing, or is this thing just ready for the dump?

JR2ALTA
09-05-2019, 09:02 PM
You should've installed a thin glass with a small ribbon cable on the right hand side. I have accidentally installed these upside down resulting in total loss of touch response.

Toxic
09-05-2019, 09:09 PM
If you have no response at all then calibration will not work because you have to press specific area mark to calibrate.
Maybe you installed digitizer wrong way like JR2ALTA said,you can see that by looking ribbon cable contacts and contacts in connector on board is it fit like it should or that digitizer is DOA (dead on arrival) :)

badams
09-06-2019, 03:37 PM
You should've installed a thin glass with a small ribbon cable on the right hand side. I have accidentally installed these upside down resulting in total loss of touch response.
You are correct, the thin glass with the ribbon cable is what I installed. I tried it both ways thinking that i may have put it in the wrong way but didnt seem to make a difference. Do you know for sure how to tell which way its supposed to go?

If you have no response at all then calibration will not work because you have to press specific area mark to calibrate.
Maybe you installed digitizer wrong way like JR2ALTA said,you can see that by looking ribbon cable contacts and contacts in connector on board is it fit like it should or that digitizer is DOA (dead on arrival) :)
I did try both ways and it didnt work either way. Don't think I can see the contacts in the connector on the board, its just a pull out style connector. I also cant see it being a DOA digitizer, as this is the second new one we've tried now, from two different sources. Im thinking - unless Im not hooking up the digitizer right - that the problem has to be elsewhere then... the question is where lol

jwai
09-06-2019, 05:09 PM
This is the common issue on this model.

badams
09-06-2019, 05:38 PM
This is the common issue on this model.
Yeah it certainly seems to be. This is unique, i think, in the fact that I've replaced the touch portion of the screen already but its still not working :S

Synthohol
09-06-2019, 08:24 PM
[.02]june 2017 was the end of support date for that model, no parts, no support, bupkiss.
time to upgrade!!
how can you support it if the manufacturer wont?
[/.02]

Toxic
09-06-2019, 09:52 PM
Did you clean good place where digitizer sits and frame around?
If digitizer is pressed by something anywhere on surface it wont work because its one touch digitizer.
One time i almost replace good digitizer because one small piece of some crap get between digitizer and plastic frame and digitizer wont work at all till i remove that and clean.
Other solutions is to find complete control panel from scrap yard or take that machine to scrap yard. ;)

Hansoon
09-07-2019, 07:00 AM
Yeah it certainly seems to be. This is unique, i think, in the fact that I've replaced the touch portion of the screen already but its still not working :S

The "glassy" surface should face inside machine. The "plastic foily" surface faces the operator.

Hans

Nicoabd
08-01-2020, 03:14 AM
Hi Everyone, new member here but been a lurker for a while.
Sorry about the title, I know there are many many results on here with the same title, and I assure you I've read them all lol.

A client of mine recently acquired a used BizHub 350 all in one printer. Its an obvious old unit that I have no experience with, but it seemed to work great for the first week or two. Then the touch screen stopped responding altogether.
After lurking through post after post on here, as well as days of Google searching, everything seemed to point to the digitizer - seems to be a common failure point. So we ordered a replacement, installed it and still no response. Some suggestions were to do a screen calibration however from what I read (press microswitch to reset, when dot shows up on left of screen press #3, enter the code and press end) I get stuck on the "press end" because the screen is unresponsive.
I'm at a bit of a loss here - is there something straight forward I'm missing, or is this thing just ready for the dump?

Hi everybody. greetings from Argentina!
I have purchased an used Bizhub 350. It worked perfectly, but sometimes the touch screen failed.
I entered the touch screen calibration option, but I made a mistake during the process, pressing the calibration points wrong.
I clicked over the “arrows” instead of clicking on the “crosses” that appear on the screen during the calibration procedure. I touched on the wrong places, and then I confirmed the calibration.
after that wrong calibration i made, the touch screen works but it is totally miscalibrated.
I can't go back to the calibration option to re calibrate it: (i press microswitch to reset, when dot shows up on left of screen, press # 3, enter the code and press end) I get stuck on the "press end" because the screen is miss calibrated. and its impossible to click on the "press end" button. Is it possible to do a general reset of the calibration? Is there any option to enter the screen calibration without touching the touch screen? any ideas how can i fix it? Sorry for the gramatical mistakes, my Inglish is basic. thank you very much in advanced.

Custom Search