PDA

View Full Version : C554e broken scanner cable

Custom Search

jwrycza
09-06-2019, 09:00 PM
Has anyone ever replaced the scanner cables on a Bizhub e series machine? I cannot find the procedure anywhere and neither can SSD. I have a ticket open and they told me there is no procedure. I am in need of some insight. The front cable broke so, both cables are wrapped around the right end shaft and everything was just laying in the bed in a pile.
Any help would be appreciated!

Woxner
09-06-2019, 10:12 PM
never heard of one breaking. best bet is to find same machine and match them up

Flash
09-06-2019, 10:51 PM
The procedure for replacing the scanner cable is located on Page 420 of the latest solution guide. You might want to clue in SSD when you close your ticket.

blackcat4866
09-07-2019, 01:27 AM
With or without the procedure, you'll want to count the number of wraps on the drive drum, from the bead inward, and from the bead outward. The just imitate the routing on the rear cable, just mirror image. Once you get he cable routed and tensioned, carefully move light source #1 to ~3" from the left optical frame, and measure the front and rear to get that dimension exactly the same before securing the cable to light source #1.

Your best reference is just another machine with the cable installed.

The only bizhub scanner cable that I've see off it's pulleys in the last 10 years was bashed in shipping. =^..^=

copyman
09-07-2019, 02:08 AM
Ouch! Also first one I'm hearing of breaking and hope the last one! As the other poster said I recall seeing the procedure.

jwrycza
09-09-2019, 02:59 AM
The procedure for replacing the scanner cable is located on Page 420 of the latest solution guide. You might want to clue in SSD when you close your ticket.

It says it is attached but, there is no link to click on for the procedure. I updated my ticket with SSD but, not sure when I will get a response.

jwrycza
09-09-2019, 03:22 AM
[QUOTE=blackcat4866;804074]With or without the procedure, you'll want to count the number of wraps on the drive drum, from the bead inward, and from the bead outward. The just imitate the routing on the rear cable, just mirror image. Once you get he cable routed and tensioned, carefully move light source #1 to ~3" from the left optical frame, and measure the front and rear to get that dimension exactly the same before securing the cable to light source #1.

Your best reference is just another machine with the cable installed.

The only bizhub scanner cable that I've see off it's pulleys in the last 10 years was bashed in shipping. =^..^

The rear cable is off also so, I will have to do them both. It will be like starting from scratch, I guess!

blackcat4866
09-09-2019, 08:31 PM
Take a bunch of photos of a strung scanner, especially:

the drive drums
the cable routing
the tensioner spring

you'l do fine. =^..^=

Flash
09-09-2019, 10:09 PM
It says it is attached but, there is no link to click on for the procedure. I updated my ticket with SSD but, not sure when I will get a response.

Download the guide and open it in Acrobat reader and double click on the symbol to the left of the link.

Custom Search