PDA

View Full Version : C+360 Series Fuser Rebuild?

Custom Search

Oystercopy
09-07-2019, 10:01 PM
Hey guys... I would normally not rebuild fusers in these machines, just replace them, but I've got my own machine in the shop and was considering rebuilding this one with new rollers, vs. spending $500 for a new unit. I can get the parts (from China of course) but has anyone successfully replaced just the rollers in one of these, and had it work OK? I would not be replacing any of the Fingers, Bearings, etc, so not sure if it would even be worth it? Thanks in advance! - OC

blackcat4866
09-07-2019, 10:28 PM
If your labor is worth anything, it's not worth it.

I've parted out a few of these fusers. It takes a couple hours to get it all torn down, and I don't have to get it back together. =^..^=

Oystercopy
09-07-2019, 10:59 PM
Yeah, I understand Black Cat, but I was wondering if anyone had bought these parts and had them work. I've had to go inside several of the C-368 series fusers to lube the bearings with high temp oil, due to them seizing up/making grumbling and grinding noises, so just thought that I might try this. Yes, my labor time is worth it if it works! (plus, still really enjoy the CHALLENGE! LOL) - OC

copyman
09-07-2019, 11:24 PM
I've had great success with rebuilding the "4" series using aftermarket fuser belt & roller. Also had rebuilt a lot of C253 fusers (common prob with orange roller breaking apart) and they were harder to do but worked great. Haven't done a C360 but should be similar to the 4 series and not too bad at all to rebuild. 1st time doing it I took some pics and videos. Plus I've always had a habit of laying parts and the screws for that part out on a table as disassembled in an order that I can just reverse when putting back together. I can rebuild the 4 series fuser in about an hour now.

Oystercopy
09-08-2019, 12:33 AM
I've had great success with rebuilding the "4" series using aftermarket fuser belt & roller. Also had rebuilt a lot of C253 fusers (common prob with orange roller breaking apart) and they were harder to do but worked great. Haven't done a C360 but should be similar to the 4 series and not too bad at all to rebuild. 1st time doing it I took some pics and videos. Plus I've always had a habit of laying parts and the screws for that part out on a table as disassembled in an order that I can just reverse when putting back together. I can rebuild the 4 series fuser in about an hour now.

Thanks so much Copyman! That's what I was needing to hear! - OC

Custom Search