PDA

View Full Version : Konica Minolta Bizhub C350 w/ IC401 (Fiery X3E)

Custom Search

dbrownlee
10-09-2006, 02:07 PM
This machine has started putting a cyan background behind anything sent from the network. It is not over the entire page, just there is text or pictures. It is doing it from both Mac and PC, from Word, Publisher, Acrobat, and so on. Even sending a Windows test page. Any where on the page that has text, a text box, a picture, or logo has this cyan background. Even if it is a black box with white lettering, the white lettering shows up cyan. The key op is able to put the pdf into Indesign and suppress the background. Internal test pages do not do this, nor does it show up on copies. The machine was working fine until a week ago when this suddenly started. There were no changes to the network or the copier when ti started. Tech support syas to try reinstalling the Fiery software, which I will be doing, but I don't know how much that will help. Wondering if any one else has seen this so I can maybe get it resolved a little quicker. Thanks, Dave

knightfall
10-10-2006, 01:06 AM
this sound like it maybe something generated from the network, have you try using your laptop and print something to the printer via cross over cable. You said it did not happen when you print test page from controller it most likely not the controller but using a laptop print to it should tell you where its coming from. If it turns out not to be the controller you may want to ask your customer if anything has change on the network before the problem happened, or are they have a new IT guy/consultants working on their network that may be using a new monitor program or such. I have seen this problem on the C350, but this is what I would start looking at and hope this will point you to a right direction.

dbrownlee
10-10-2006, 01:36 PM
Thanks, Knight. I am going back to test with my laptop. I don't know why I didn't think of that first, it's usually the first thing I do. This customer has that effect on me. I really think its the network also, but they are a little hard to convince of that. I will probably go ahead and relaod the software and patches even if it does prove out, just to fill in that square with tech support when I call back or close the ticket. I'll post what happens here
Dave

dbrownlee
10-12-2006, 09:31 PM
All right, I went back and took a KISS aproach this time. Hooking up the laptop with a crossover cable produced the same results. Then I remembered that recently I had to replace the black LPH in this machine, so I inspected the cable between the Fiery unit and the internal print controller, and the cable between the internal controller and the main box. These all looked fine, so I flashed the main box up to the most current level, and reloaded the Fiery system software (over 1 1/2 hours). Problem solved! Started to load in all the software patches, but the office was closing before I could finish. Put the machine back on their network, and they are quite pleased. They will call me when they have time to let me finish the patches. Thanks for the reply.
Dave

d7guitar
03-23-2007, 07:33 PM
I know this thread is old but I just wanted to share with you things i've found to make relaoding Fiery software bearable. One; there is a Parallel port accelerator that is available (software) from KMBS that shortens the Fiery install to 20 minutes and Two; you CAN send all patches to the Fiery before rebooting rather than one patch at a time like KMBS leads us to believe.:) :) :cool:

dbrownlee
03-23-2007, 09:49 PM
Thanks, I'll remember that for the future. I also found after that it is not recommended to print anything, including internal test pages until all the updates are installed. I didn't do that, but so far so good.

Custom Search