PDA

View Full Version : bizhub 558e code c 3b03

Custom Search

brent
09-09-2019, 10:42 PM
its done it I guess 3 times.. I have a customer making like 10k copies/ prints per week
and when they really use it heavy it will throw this code.. fuser looks fine.. meter is 245k
I read the manual IH error. what direction would yall do start with fuser? It hasn't thrown the code
in a year.. but ya never know. thought I would ask the experts.. thanks

brent

blackcat4866
09-09-2019, 10:54 PM
Interesting reading.

Essentially the description in the manual is that the wiring or load are incorrect from the fuser. Since it's intermittent, I wonder if you don't have a zero-cross error. I would be worthwhile to hook up the power quality analyzer for 48 hours and see what sort of anomalies pop up. =^..^=

brent
09-09-2019, 10:56 PM
I thought it was power realated as well.. trying telling the customer that. lol if this continues I will have an electrician check out their power for sure

thank you!!

brent

Woxner
09-10-2019, 01:03 AM
there are bullitens on this. do latest firmware and spec. firmware. it takes care of it most of the time.

allan
09-10-2019, 10:02 AM
Interesting reading.

Essentially the description in the manual is that the wiring or load are incorrect from the fuser. Since it's intermittent, I wonder if you don't have a zero-cross error. I would be worthwhile to hook up the power quality analyzer for 48 hours and see what sort of anomalies pop up. =^..^=

Interesting. Would that mean that the max positive peak is higher than the max negative peak or visa versa?
That would give more RMS power on the positive than the negative. That would be bad for transformers, SMPS and motors.
Not sure how an AC voltage could be offset like that.
Sure brownouts could be one cause.

EarthKmTech
09-10-2019, 10:22 AM
ive seen it plenty on induction fusing 8 and 8e's, even second day on site of a brand new machine. I'm absolutely convinced its power related as you will reset it and goes away either forever or a very long time.

On a side note i had a 758 with induction power source errors every morning and a new ihpu fixed that, but thats the only machine that I've changed something on for it.

Remember back to the dark days of c250's and c352's going around resetting fuser errors was a daily job.

brent
09-10-2019, 11:09 AM
Ok well mystery solved. I went back to install a surge protector and to talk about power. Then secretary called up the maintenance man. He told me that periododically they have a load text they perform with their generators He couldn’t believe that I digitrsd it was power and I was right. During the load text. Everything shuts off in the building to text the power load on the generator. And to see if the generator kicks in properly. Well I I downed them. That was the issue Turn the damn copier off first
so I appreciate everyone’s response. Y’all are totally right

Thanks ! Brent

blackcat4866
09-10-2019, 02:39 PM
Interesting. Would that mean that the max positive peak is higher than the max negative peak or visa versa?
That would give more RMS power on the positive than the negative. That would be bad for transformers, SMPS and motors.
Not sure how an AC voltage could be offset like that.
Sure brownouts could be one cause.

Congratulations on finding the issue. I'm surprised there wasn't other damage with crashing servers and PCs. You should really have uninterruptable power supply on this machine.

Zero-cross error is a frequency issue. Each time the AC sine wave crosses the zero volt level the copier can turn on the heater so as to draw the least amount of power. In the US this happens 60 times per second, or 60 hertz. So the copier has to anticipate each occurrence of the zero-cross. If the frequency fluctuates widely enough, the heater is coming on before or after the zero-cross, drawing more energy. During a shutdown like that I'd imagine the voltage and frequency would vary wildly.

=^..^=

chisnas
03-11-2022, 07:25 PM
does anybody have the service & parts manual for the konica minolta bizhub 558e?

tsbservice
03-11-2022, 07:33 PM
does anybody have the service & parts manual for the konica minolta bizhub 558e?

Yes.

Synthohol
03-11-2022, 07:34 PM
Contributors seem to get what they need every time.
Just saying ;)

chisnas
03-11-2022, 08:30 PM
thanks!

tulintron
10-10-2022, 03:34 PM
Good morning people. Sorry for resurrecting this topic.
New customer with flashing C-3B03. I would like to go prepared.
I will follow Blackcat's tips.
I'll take the measuring device like Brent.
I also want to take the firmware related to the error as Woxner said.
If you tell me which bulletin or FW. I can see if I have it.

Thank you guys.

emujo2
10-10-2022, 05:00 PM
Congratulations on finding the issue. I'm surprised there wasn't other damage with crashing servers and PCs. You should really have uninterruptable power supply on this machine.

Zero-cross error is a frequency issue. Each time the AC sine wave crosses the zero volt level the copier can turn on the heater so as to draw the least amount of power. In the US this happens 60 times per second, or 60 hertz. So the copier has to anticipate each occurrence of the zero-cross. If the frequency fluctuates widely enough, the heater is coming on before or after the zero-cross, drawing more energy. During a shutdown like that I'd imagine the voltage and frequency would vary wildly.

=^..^=

I would agree with the UPS, but only if it's a very short time they need to keep power on..Anything that can actually run a 558e for extended time is going to cost $3K. E

tulintron
10-11-2022, 12:50 PM
Good morning people. Sorry for resurrecting this topic.
New customer with flashing C-3B03. I would like to go prepared.
I will follow Blackcat's tips.
I'll take the measuring device like Brent.
I also want to take the firmware related to the error as Woxner said.
If you tell me which bulletin or FW. I can see if I have it.

Thank you guys.Good morning people. Giving a segment to the aforementioned problem, I took the esp surgeX device for reading and evaluation, but it didn't even turn on.

The equipment is turned off waiting for an electrician to solve the problem.:cool:

LOL54931

allan
10-11-2022, 01:00 PM
Good morning people. Giving a segment to the aforementioned problem, I took the esp surgeX device for reading and evaluation, but it didn't even turn on.

The equipment was turned off waiting for an electrician to solve the problem.:cool:

LOL54931

See if you can inquire about the fix for that issue... Just curious. Could be unrelated electrical trouble?

tulintron
10-14-2022, 12:53 PM
See if you can inquire about the fix for that issue... Just curious. Could be unrelated electrical trouble?Yes, Allan. electrical problem. The printer was turned off until the professional in the area resolved the problem.

The phase fed the printer neutral. The order of the cables was reversed.

The printer was removed from the installation site and taken to another sector, causing the problem.

blackcat4866
10-14-2022, 02:41 PM
Thanks for the follow up, tulintron. =^..^=

Custom Search