PDA

View Full Version : Error Code C-2802, Process abnormality on a Bizhub Pro 1100

Custom Search

Froota
09-10-2019, 12:09 PM
Hi Guys,

We have 3 machines on different locations, all Bizhub Pro 1100, with the error C-2802. This code appears especially in the morning after booting the device, and a few times between some jobs. When you shut down the device with the sub power button, the change is less to have the code again, but no certainty.

Both devices are running on the latest firmware (G0070) and maintenance has been done 100k ago. On one device we already replaced the Toner control board and the developer (again). The initialising always went fine, density is good, but after some days the error code reappears....After rebooting the device several times, the error dissapears and the customer can work further.

Someone who had similar issues?

Regards,

Froota

sadanand
09-11-2019, 03:16 PM
C-2802 stands for max density correction Check dev motor toner control board problem with toner supply check for toner hopper roller

Walterj
09-12-2019, 07:41 AM
Hi Guys,

We have 3 machines on different locations, all Bizhub Pro 1100, with the error C-2802. This code appears especially in the morning after booting the device, and a few times between some jobs. When you shut down the device with the sub power button, the change is less to have the code again, but no certainty.

Both devices are running on the latest firmware (G0070) and maintenance has been done 100k ago. On one device we already replaced the Toner control board and the developer (again). The initialising always went fine, density is good, but after some days the error code reappears....After rebooting the device several times, the error dissapears and the customer can work further.

Someone who had similar issues?

Regards,

Froota

Good Day
Dear

Check if the Toner control board (TCB) IDC sensor is soiled and clean if necessary.Check the Toner control board (TCB) connector for proper connection, and correct as necessary. Also check relay connector(s) (CN340) between Toner controlboard (TCB) and the Printer Control Board (PRCB) for proper connection.
Check the wiring harness43561 by unplugging all associated connectors, checking all wires to ground (for a short) and checking continuity ofthe wiring (for an open).
If the Toner control board (TCB) is determined as failed, replace it. If TCB is good replace the Printer Control Board (PRCB).
Check the developing motor (M3) by performing the operation check.
Call the Service Mode to the screen -> Select [State Confirmation] -> [Load Check] -> Select code 41, multi mode 24 (M2 - Drum motor, M3 -Developing motor and M35 - Drum Cleaner motor) -> Press START
If preferred, check M3 CN228-2 (ON) at the Printer Control Board (PRCB).Check developing motor (M3) connector for proper connection CN228 on the Printer Control Board (PRCB) and correct as necessary. Check CN74-7 andCN74-8 on the DC Power Supply1 (DCPS/1) for 24vdc.Also check M3 drive coupling and associated drive belts, repair/replace as necessary.If the motor is determined as failed, replace it and the Printer Control Board (PRCB) at the same time.
check the wiring harness by unplugging all associated connectors, checking all wires to ground (for a short) and checking continuity ofthe wiring (for an open).

the latest base version of fw is GCM-70

Regards

Froota
09-18-2019, 01:41 PM
Hi,

Thx for the answers, altough I'm also following the manual, so most things were already executed.
Today I replaced the M3 developing motor in combination with the Development unit (and new developer), so we will wait to see what happens,

I1 is idd GCM-70, the rest is G00-70.....

I'll keep you posted,

Regards,

Froota

Froota
09-30-2019, 08:59 AM
Hi,

A little feedback on this issue,

I replaced the development motor in combination with the development unit, and no errors so far.

Regards,

topimpress
07-11-2023, 12:42 PM
hi,
for me I have replaced the cleaning blade of drums.. now it's working fine

zayonc
07-11-2023, 06:46 PM
More than half of all bizhub 1100s have this problem. I doubt it's broken. can be stopped by disabling Image Stabilization Control DIPSW24-2 to 1.

wjurls
07-18-2023, 04:55 PM
More than half of all bizhub 1100s have this problem. I doubt it's broken. can be stopped by disabling Image Stabilization Control DIPSW24-2 to 1.

This here!! We have a large fleet of 1100's here and it seems the newer ones have been throwing up drum and developer errors since the whole toner shortage debacle. They are extremely sensitive to drum and developers. Generic supplies that work great in the 951's and older 1100's seem to trip up the newer 1100's.

Switch 24-2 set to "on" cures what ails you.

allan
07-18-2023, 07:55 PM
This here!! We have a large fleet of 1100's here and it seems the newer ones have been throwing up drum and developer errors since the whole toner shortage debacle. They are extremely sensitive to drum and developers. Generic supplies that work great in the 951's and older 1100's seem to trip up the newer 1100's.

Switch 24-2 set to "on" cures what ails you.

I have heard rumors that there is a modified drum potential sensor board that puts the issue to rest. Know if there is any truth to that?

wjurls
07-31-2023, 06:23 PM
I have heard rumors that there is a modified drum potential sensor board that puts the issue to rest. Know if there is any truth to that?

I have scoured the Konica tech side of things and saw nothing that specifically addresses these C2xxx codes. There is one bulletin that says certain machines by serial number may have received defective TCSB boards that will cause toner creep (gradually adding too much toner to the developer over time) but doesn't address codes.

Custom Search