PDA

View Full Version : F041 code

Custom Search

nathicana
09-10-2019, 12:14 PM
This 5501 machine has an F041 code, communication between main pwb and ISC pwb. Tried main pwb, Isc pwb, hard drive, CCD

Can enter maintenance mode and see that in sim 019 there is no scanner boot or scanner firmware. Attempted combined firmware and error occurred on DP.

Tried disconnecting DP and replacing DP, no difference. Anything scanner related appears to be dead.

Going to check CN7 power source board to verify power going to ISC pwb

blackcat4866
09-10-2019, 02:26 PM
What about the connectors and wire harness? =^..^=

nathicana
09-11-2019, 12:47 AM
What about the connectors and wire harness? =^..^=

I replaced the SATA wire and the gray wires that go between the ISC pwb and main board with ones from a recently working machine, no change.

24v was present on the ISC pwb.

I am in the process of replacing the entire scanner section with one from a used machine.

Santander
09-11-2019, 01:05 AM
This 5501 machine has an F041 code, communication between main pwb and ISC pwb. Tried main pwb, Isc pwb, hard drive, CCD

Can enter maintenance mode and see that in sim 019 there is no scanner boot or scanner firmware. Attempted combined firmware and error occurred on DP.

Tried disconnecting DP and replacing DP, no difference. Anything scanner related appears to be dead.

Going to check CN7 power source board to verify power going to ISC pwb

I suspect the unit does not even know that it has a scanner due to a bad connection from the ISC to the main board. Make sure all the connectors between the two are seated fully and especially the flex cable. I have seen where even if you are careful, one of the contacts is de-laminated from the flex cable and bent backwards on insertion and there is no contact. If you had a DP problem you would be getting a different code. Hope this helps.

nathicana
09-11-2019, 01:25 AM
I suspect the unit does not even know that it has a scanner due to a bad connection from the ISC to the main board. Make sure all the connectors between the two are seated fully and especially the flex cable. I have seen where even if you are careful, one of the contacts is de-laminated from the flex cable and bent backwards on insertion and there is no contact. If you had a DP problem you would be getting a different code. Hope this helps.

ISC board YC3 and YC4 are the only connectors that go to the main board. One is a red SATA wire the other a short 8 wire harness. I replaced both of these and the two boards have been changed also. The flat cables go from the ISC board into the scanner, not to the main board. I am replacing all that anyway though. There are other flat cables going from the main board to other places. Thanks

nathicana
09-11-2019, 08:24 PM
I replaced the scanner section and the machine began working. I agree that there may have been a bad connection somewhere.

Good thing we had a machine in our junk room to take this from.

Thanks for the replies

Santander
09-12-2019, 12:07 AM
Thank you for letting us know what resolved your problem. Glad you got it going.

blackcat4866
09-12-2019, 12:12 AM
Having a parts donor sure makes diagnosis easier.

Congratulations on your success! =^..^=

KYO_OEM
09-13-2019, 01:49 PM
Have had similar case a few years ago.
4 ISC pwbs needed to find the reason.
Finally i tried CCD pwb, lamp driver pwb and brand new isc pwb
After mounting from old isc pwb, F041 comes back.

Each new mounted ISC pwb would destroyed from LED lamp driver pwb.:mad:

nathicana
09-13-2019, 04:09 PM
Have had similar case a few years ago.
4 ISC pwbs needed to find the reason.
Finally i tried CCD pwb, lamp driver pwb and brand new isc pwb
After mounting from old isc pwb, F041 comes back.

Each new mounted ISC pwb would destroyed from LED lamp driver pwb.:mad:

Thanks, I was wondering what component may have caused this if it wasn't a connector problem. I had tried the ISC pwb and the CCD so the lamp circuit may have been the culprit.

Custom Search