PDA

View Full Version : FS-535 finisher dead after unpluging from a powerded on machine

Custom Search

fntsy
09-12-2019, 10:46 AM
Hi,
The finisher was working fine attached to Bizhub 754. The client moved the machine to another place and on arrival I found the cables unplugged. After that the machine acts as if nothing is attached to it. The finisher main board has some LEDs that light up and that is all it does.

Synthohol
09-12-2019, 12:07 PM
i came across that scenario.
had to replace the finisher board AND the board in the bridge unit then all was well.

Toxic
09-12-2019, 12:39 PM
I haeard from coleague who have problem like this,fried fns board propably with static electricity.
He got info from KM when dissconnecting connectors always unplug first small connectors with many wires and last one power connector where is ground to main body.
When connecting finisher procedure is reverse,first connect power connector.

guitar9199
09-12-2019, 02:19 PM
If the finisher was unplugged from a powered on machine, you likely have a fried Finisher control board.

I'd bill the customer for it....that wouldn't be covered under a service contract.

allan
09-12-2019, 03:01 PM
Agreed that that should be billable. All maintenance agreements i know of prohibits the customer from relocating the machines by them selves.

blackcat4866
09-12-2019, 05:00 PM
Just FYI: if you find that you've accidentally unplugged an accessory on a live machine... Don't immediately plug it back in. That is when the damage mostly occurs.

Turn Off the power in the correct order, reconnect cables, THEN power back On.
=^..^=

tsbservice
09-12-2019, 07:28 PM
I haeard from coleague who have problem like this,fried fns board propably with static electricity.
He got info from KM when dissconnecting connectors always unplug first small connectors with many wires and last one power connector where is ground to main body.
When connecting finisher procedure is reverse,first connect power connector.

That's interesting and sounds reasonable...but most damages are done by plugging/unplugging options into live main body.
I'm in habit to never ever disconnect or connect accessories from plugged in machine.
I confess some day I may be unlucky but I might be wrong ;)

Toxic
09-12-2019, 08:51 PM
Just FYI: if you find that you've accidentally unplugged an accessory on a live machine... Don't immediately plug it back in. That is when the damage mostly occurs.

Turn Off the power in the correct order, reconnect cables, THEN power back On.
=^..^=

This is 100% right.

allan
09-12-2019, 09:00 PM
On these if you yank them out and plug them back in you need to restart the machine to get it working again.
Don't ask me how i know that. Thought to myself what have i done. Then i did it again...

Did they move more than one machine?

fntsy
09-13-2019, 06:59 AM
Thanks for your fast answers. I did find another machine to make tests. Turns out it was only the small board on the bridge unit that was fried - part # A2Y1H101

EarthKmTech
09-17-2019, 01:05 PM
Thanks for your fast answers. I did find another machine to make tests. Turns out it was only the small board on the bridge unit that was fried - part # A2Y1H101

Lucky for the customer.

I had one do this on a c754e which corrupted ssd & mfp board together. I was instructed by support to replace both and carry out the special instructions required to do so. It was an expensive day for this customer.

Custom Search