PDA

View Full Version : C250i going offline and noisy

Custom Search

Pages : [1] 2

Taminol
09-13-2019, 09:55 AM
Hi Guys,

We seem to be having a lot of these new "i-series" devices going offline randomly. I see the FW is being updated and the latest UK version is G00-45, which our machine is currently using. However, it still goes offline 3-4 times per day. The client has the latest drivers and they are installed locally on the client PC's. When the machine goes offline, it shows offline to all users, so this would indicate an issue with the device rather than the printer driver because it is installed on multiple PC's.
Anyone else having this offline issue?

One other intermittent problem we are having is with the lower exit rollers and an associated noise. We have never heard the noise when we attended, but the client captured it on video. I'm struggling to upload the MP4 to this site, so here is a link to it in Google Photos Shared album - Un Petit Chat de Buerre - Google Photos (https://photos.app.goo.gl/K8rzjgc7CgXo9dSq5)
The exit rollers seem switch on and turn at random and run for ages with nothing else going on.
We've checked out the exit section and found nothing untoward going on, but the noise is big!
Tested the drive using "load check'" and all is good.
Noise stops on it's own, m/c works fine and we are no further forward.
Any ideas on this bit?
Thanks

Taminol

tsbservice
09-13-2019, 10:13 AM
Never heard about these problems, when machine shows offline what happens exactly, can they print for example? If not how they return machine online?
I would start with replacing patch cable and checking wall port. Any noticeable delays in ping -t command?
Noise is horrible, are you sure it's not fuser related?

Taminol
09-13-2019, 10:21 AM
Never heard about these problems, when machine shows offline what happens exactly, can they print for example? If not how they return machine online?
I would start with replacing patch cable and checking wall port. Any noticeable delays in ping -t command?
Noise is horrible, are you sure it's not fuser related?

They cannot print when the machine goes offline, to bring it back online, they cycle the power OFF/ON to the copier.
Network cable was replaced a couple of weeks ago. Will have to check ping response time and will check out the wall port on our next visit.

Can't find what the noise was, it had stopped by the time we arrived. We have checked exit and fuser for anything dodgy going on, found nothing.
When we arrived onsite, the exit rollers were driving, but without that awful noise.

Rohullah
09-13-2019, 12:49 PM
Check the power save setting, i think there is an option to turn off machine instead of sleep

Walterj
09-13-2019, 07:51 PM
Hi Guys,

We seem to be having a lot of these new "i-series" devices going offline randomly. I see the FW is being updated and the latest UK version is G00-45, which our machine is currently using. However, it still goes offline 3-4 times per day. The client has the latest drivers and they are installed locally on the client PC's. When the machine goes offline, it shows offline to all users, so this would indicate an issue with the device rather than the printer driver because it is installed on multiple PC's.

One other intermittent problem we are having is with the lower exit rollers and an associated noise. We have never heard the noise when we attended, but the client captured it on video. I'm struggling to upload the MP4 to this site, so here is a link to it in Google Photos Shared album - Un Petit Chat de Buerre - Google Photos (https://photos.app.goo.gl/K8rzjgc7CgXo9dSq5)
The exit rollers seem switch on and turn at random and run for ages with nothing else going on.
We've checked out the exit section and found nothing untoward going on, but the noise is big!
Any ideas on this bit?
Thanks

Taminol

good day
Dear
I recommend you check at what speed your logical switch is working
And try to configure your machine in the same way
The noise that can be heard is apparently caused by the pressure between the rollers in the Fusing Unit
I recommend you make a verification with the option of Load Check in the technical service mode

Regards
Luck

mo0651
09-13-2019, 09:24 PM
A lot of times, for me, the date and time set up was not quite right, and the machine just can't be seen by the computers and/or network. Even as little as 5 minutes
have affected windows 10 computers. Always worth a look.:cool:

CompyTech
09-13-2019, 09:46 PM
That noise sounds like what I had on one of the 8e machines recently. At first I thought it was coming from the fuser area. Ended up being the transfer belt cooling fan.

srvctec
09-13-2019, 10:42 PM
Since the noise doesn't present itself when you are onsite, maybe you could convince the end user to use a length of small rubber tubing held to the microphone hole of the phone and then move the other end around until it gets the loudest. That way, you could pinpoint the sound to a certain area at least instead of just the general exit section.

Max
09-13-2019, 11:37 PM
Can't say I had any problems with the network side ot things. (Check that ERP is turned off), but I had one making a noise. Turned out the left hand panel cover on the scanner was vibrating occasionally very loud. Had to fix it with additional screw. I believe it vibrated when one of the fans engaged.

Phil B.
09-14-2019, 01:02 AM
Hi Guys,
Any ideas on this bit? Thanks Taminol

well first problem.. WHAT drivers? *please god don't say WSD* most likely!
sounds like a network issue..
wireless par chance?
but we would need to see setup sheets to be sure

Noise.. that sounds like a belt or something scrubbing on belts or gearing area.. pull covers.. start process and watch... you can use a long screwdriver pressed to diff areas to semi-pinpoint the section to look at

good luck

Bix
09-14-2019, 06:00 PM
hello too in the same condition. The C250i printer is the only one that goes offline while the other iSeries for now is no problem. I have disabled bi-directional communication as a driver but this not risolve.

IP filtering is active by default, I disabled it because email scans stopped working. I disabled the weekly timer but without success. The next goal is to deactivate some energy saving parameters. The problem happens every morning

srvctec
09-16-2019, 02:46 PM
I have no idea if this will help or not but since I discovered this same issue of going offline first thing in the morning on the 4e series a few years ago, on machine setup we've been changing a setting to prevent the issue and not one machine (since we started making this change to all the machines we set up that have this option) has gone offline first thing in the morning or after long periods of sleep. Not sure if the menu path is the same on the i series since we don't have one to check.

Utility>Admin>System>Power Save>Page 2>Power Consumption in Sleep Mode>set to Disabled

Give this a try and let us know if that takes care of the issue.

occus
09-16-2019, 04:49 PM
You can try to disable the enhanced printfeatures in the properties to disable the online/offline communication to test if the error comes from the driver.

bsm2
09-16-2019, 04:53 PM
Uncheck snmp under port settings for the offline problem

bugzy
09-17-2019, 01:27 AM
Good Luck, there may be a fix in the next few weeks. i'll keep you posted.

EarthKmTech
09-18-2019, 09:23 AM
Uncheck snmp under port settings for the offline problem

I was going to try this today, but the fricken customer restarted the machine before we got there.

Have you tried this on a machine that was presently "offline" according to windows? SNMP was the first thing i thought of but never got to try it.

Note: I am refering to port settings at windows driver, if you only disable SNMP at the mfd and leave it enabled at windows printer driver port settings this will result in a machine permanently offline according to windows.

bsm2
09-18-2019, 11:35 AM
I was going to try this today, but the fricken customer restarted the machine before we got there.

Have you tried this on a machine that was presently "offline" according to windows? SNMP was the first thing i thought of but never got to try it.

Note: I am refering to port settings at windows driver, if you only disable SNMP at the mfd and leave it enabled at windows printer driver port settings this will result in a machine permanently offline according to windows.

This is a known problem windows broke this years ago, if printer gets any error windows disables driver, when the error was fixed it would send a signal back to driver THATS the part Windows BROKE, You don't need to turn off at copier just in the driver. Uncheck snmp under ports on every driver.

Bix
09-18-2019, 08:14 PM
This is not a driver problem.
I've already tried to disable SNMP and two-way communication without success.
Every morning the printer goes offline. But beware: scan to email, CSRC, etc. also goes offline

So the problem is really the machine. It only happens to me with C250i and I think it's a firmware bug. For the moment I have solved this:
1. CE Mode> Sleep on / off: permit.
2. Administrator> Power> Pause mode: no.
3. Enable energy saving: normal.
4. Power consumption in pause mode: Active.

After I went to the timer, I set it to "Pause" instead of ErP and I later turned off the weekly timer (in the past there was a bug in some firmware).

BHM
09-18-2019, 09:37 PM
We have about 15 to 20 of this model out and no issues. They do have the latest firmware. I forgot the version number but it is the one that enables the Airprint opition. We are in the US.

Bix
09-19-2019, 04:17 PM
In Europe we have version 45 as the last firmware.
I had the problem in 3B and 45.
For the moment, the deactivation of the timer and suspension has solved the problem. The network card does not freeze.

occus
10-23-2019, 11:46 AM
Now i have the same problem on a +250i.
Customer cannot print when the machine goes offline, to bring it back online, they cycle the power OFF/ON to the copier.

Like on the first days of the e series, i have deaktivated the deep standby
1. CE Mode> Sleep on / off: permit.
2. Administrator> Power> Pause mode: no.

...the label energy star says hello and the fuser earlyer goodby... nothing new from KM.
I don't understand why this is not fixed in the newer generations.

Toxic
10-23-2019, 12:26 PM
I have some note for settings on C224e with same problem years ago.
Maybe you could try on 250i

System 1 -> Sleep ON/OFF Choice Setting

Permit

Admin mode

Sleep Mode Settings

Off

Power Save Settings

Low Power

Power Key Setting

Sub Power Off

Enter Power Save Mode

Normal

Bix
10-23-2019, 01:48 PM
Hi, the only solution for me was to disable all the options in "Weekly timer". I think the bug is in there.

For several days the C250i seems to go without problems

occus
10-23-2019, 02:03 PM
Hi, the only solution for me was to disable all the options in "Weekly timer". I think the bug is in there.

For several days the C250i seems to go without problems

Not in my case... i deactivate this function on all devices in initial setup.

Bix
10-23-2019, 02:07 PM
Not in my case... i deactivate this function on all devices in initial setup.
On which firmware version?

edit -
I currently use 45. Disconnect the plug and the ethernet completely. Turn ON the MFP and then plug in the network cable.
Another thing that I have disabled is the IP Filtering which by default is ON.

occus
10-24-2019, 11:59 AM
Firmware 45.

At the moment the problem is solved with disabled Sleep function. I have to wait now to see what happens.
But thank you for your advice.

Bix
10-25-2019, 09:16 AM
There appears to be a new firmware: G00-73

However, in the logs I don't see the resolution of this strange problem mentioned

srvctec
10-25-2019, 02:48 PM
There appears to be a new firmware: G00-73

However, in the logs I don't see the resolution of this strange problem mentioned

Just checked and not available here in the US yet.

occus
11-14-2019, 08:14 AM
Same Problem with the Firmware G00-73, sometime it goes not down and comes not up. There is no fix for the standby problem.
Energystar byebye with the deactivated settings.

And now i have to visit a noisi 250i...

bugzy
11-14-2019, 08:24 AM
Replace the storage board, I have done this on 2 machines and it has worked

Bix
11-14-2019, 08:31 AM
Instead of replacing it, Konica Minolta suggested I format the C250i with initial data, which I didn't do to avoid losing the client's settings.

occus
11-14-2019, 09:43 AM
Here the noisi 250i from a good customer with mobile camera.

https://youtu.be/fycgWrKlaM0

It was with the Firmware G00-45.
There was no printjobs at the moment of the nois, no jobs are involved, and not after a power on. It happens in ready state in not regular intervals.

It sounds like a fan or hardware but i hope it was the fix in the firmware G00-73. The noise are localized from the customer near the Fuser or under the panel and there is a speaker.

2.3. Fixed issues

Abnormal noise may be heard from the speaker after the main power ON.

Bix
11-14-2019, 10:01 AM
I'm afraid it's a hardware problem but a firmware test would do the same. I found a dangling cable in a Bizhub C250i, near the paper exit, perhaps forgotten in KM factory.
Surely a test using Dipswitch could help.

Bix
11-25-2019, 11:12 AM
it happened again.

You are right, even with the G00-73 the problem happened again after about 3 weeks. I don't know what to do anymore.

I could try to change the storage board, as someone suggested.
Does anyone have any updates?

Toxic
11-25-2019, 02:12 PM
It sounds like some solenoid fast switching off/on.
On 224e reverse solenoid is located left from the fusing unit,behind control panel , dont know on C250i but could be on the same place.
It should not be energized in standby anyway but i will check does sound come from that solenoid.

tsbservice
11-25-2019, 04:42 PM
It sounds like some solenoid fast switching off/on.
On 224e reverse solenoid is located left from the fusing unit,behind control panel , dont know on C250i but could be on the same place.
It should not be energized in standby anyway but i will check does sound come from that solenoid.

This is good idea, I like it.
Here it's called exit path switch solenoid (SD3), but same place. It may worth trying this solenoid in Load check or examine this area.

Bix
11-26-2019, 07:51 AM
Replace the storage board, I have done this on 2 machines and it has worked

This sounds interesting. Can I know how you came to this conclusion? Someone even told me to replace the BASE BOARD but it seemed excessive.

I have tried several times to turn on and off to try to restart the C250i online. During this operation, only once did it stop loading.

tsbservice
11-26-2019, 04:15 PM
Bix, regarding offline problems try this:

Open PSWC, then:
1. Select [Network] -> [SNMP Setting]
2. Uncheck [SNMP v1/v2c(IP)] and click on [OK] at the bottom right
3. Click on [OK], Logout

ON THE PRINTER DRIVER SIDE:
1. From [Devices and Printers] dialog box, right click on the printer and select [Printer properties]
2. Select the [Port] tab and click on [Configure Port…]
3. Uncheck [SNMP Status Enabled] and click on [OK] at the bottom

Turn off Auto Obtain Settings
1. Select the [Configure] tab and click on the [Obtain Settings…] button
2. Uncheck [Auto] and select [Device which Connect with Printer Port]
3. Click on [OK]
4. Click on [Apply] then [OK]

I'm interested in your results, Good luck.

Bix
11-26-2019, 04:43 PM
Bix, regarding offline problems try this:

Open PSWC, then:
1. Select [Network] -> [SNMP Setting]
2. Uncheck [SNMP v1/v2c(IP)] and click on [OK] at the bottom right
3. Click on [OK], Logout

ON THE PRINTER DRIVER SIDE:
1. From [Devices and Printers] dialog box, right click on the printer and select [Printer properties]
2. Select the [Port] tab and click on [Configure Port…]
3. Uncheck [SNMP Status Enabled] and click on [OK] at the bottom

Turn off Auto Obtain Settings
1. Select the [Configure] tab and click on the [Obtain Settings…] button
2. Uncheck [Auto] and select [Device which Connect with Printer Port]
3. Click on [OK]
4. Click on [Apply] then [OK]

I'm interested in your results, Good luck.

Hi, thanks for the advice but consider that it goes completely offline

This means that it will not print but also scans, no CSRC connection, internet browsing etc. they won't work.

So I don't think it's a driver problem. However, the network card will flash regularly. This problem is becoming increasingly mysterious. The only way to restore it is to unplug it, turn it off and on again several times.

nmgs4378
11-26-2019, 11:53 PM
Hello,

When you say "going offline", does the machine locks up? The touch panel works?

I made a clear all data and reconfigured the equipment with the power options mencioned here before (C224) and currently have not received any complaints from the customer

Bix
11-27-2019, 07:56 AM
Hi, the printer works perfectly. It's like the network card stops working.

The only anomaly is that in the different reboots, only once did it stop loading.

Bix
11-27-2019, 12:10 PM
I can't understand the "Enable energy saving: low energy or paused" option.

Which is the best according to you?

tsbservice
11-27-2019, 05:09 PM
Bix, try to use these settings:

1. [Power Save Settings] - [Sleep]
2. [Power Consumption in Sleep Mode] - [Disabled]
3. [Enter Power Save Mode] - [Normal]
4. [Power Key Setting] - [Power Save]

Personlly I think that [Power Consumption in Sleep Mode] - [Disabled] may be the key as this basically is described as
"Select this option when a smooth network communication is not established while [High] or [Enabled] is enabled(High is default)."

srvctec
11-27-2019, 05:38 PM
Personlly I think that [Power Consumption in Sleep Mode] - [Disabled] may be the key as this basically is described as
"Select this option when a smooth network communication is not established while [High] or [Enabled] is enabled(High is default)."

I have to agree on this part. That's part of our normal setup procedure now as I discovered on a 4e machine a few years ago, having that setting set to anything other than disabled, caused the machine to not wake up in the morning when the business opened and sent print jobs to the machine. That's the only setting I changed and they've not once had the issue again, hence our now setting all machines this way.

Bix
11-28-2019, 07:59 AM
I made a complete all clear data.
Now I have switched to [Power Consumption in Sleep Mode] from Activated to Disabled
Thank you guys,
I will update you if there are complications.

Blobber2
12-02-2019, 01:00 PM
Here the noisi 250i from a good customer with mobile camera.

https://youtu.be/fycgWrKlaM0

It was with the Firmware G00-45.
There was no printjobs at the moment of the nois, no jobs are involved, and not after a power on. It happens in ready state in not regular intervals.

It sounds like a fan or hardware but i hope it was the fix in the firmware G00-73. The noise are localized from the customer near the Fuser or under the panel and there is a speaker.

2.3. Fixed issues

Abnormal noise may be heard from the speaker after the main power ON.

Hello,

Did this noise reoccur? I am having a very similar noise on the same machine. Customer reports it happening but have not been on site while it has happened. They showed me a recording and it sounded like that.

Thanks

Bix
12-04-2019, 09:17 AM
Unfortunately, after several days, even today c250i offline! Even with the suggested energy saving settings and after clearing all.
Turned off and on again, it started working again.

occus
12-06-2019, 07:06 AM
Hello,

Did this noise reoccur? I am having a very similar noise on the same machine. Customer reports it happening but have not been on site while it has happened. They showed me a recording and it sounded like that.

Thanks

No, i have no customer feedback/call until today.

Bix
12-06-2019, 10:51 AM
the G00-75 has come out, no timeout information or energy saving problems in the logs. But something has changed in the CPU.

Blobber2
12-06-2019, 11:10 AM
No, i have no customer feedback/call until today.

The intermittent noise my customer was having has also not happened since the new firmware.

Custom Search