PDA

View Full Version : Error Code Bizhub Press C8000 C-C101

Custom Search

Choclit007
09-16-2019, 05:09 PM
C8000 / V60-ish fw / 4M+ copies

I need some help troubleshooting code C-C101 no response from PRCB to OACB.
The code occurred while the customer was using the machine not during or immediately after servicing.

I have replaced the OACB & PRCB simultaneously after checking the OACB to PRCB wire harness for continuity & checking for shorts to ground (per KM resolution).
I have looked at other exposed harnesses as best possible too.

I reflashed fw except for PRCB - there is no power on any of the power pins so that one fails.
(Both ADU & Process carriage were pulled out / disconnected to eliminate them as points of failure)

The service manual is not clear on whether or not the PRCB should have 5V ( or other V's) before SW2 turns on but SW2 (which connects to the PRCB) does initiate the startup process.
OACB (& the other boards on the left side) are getting 5V from DCPS/1 but no Voltages are detected that go to the PRCB power pins.

My question is: should there be any Voltages on the PRCB power pins (CN131 & 132 on the right side) when the main switch is on but sub switch SW2 still off.
If there should be then I will assume a DCPS/1 issue. (I am currently trying to locate a DCPS/1 to test.)

tulintron
09-16-2019, 06:06 PM

The code occurred while the customer was using the machine not during or immediately after servicing.

I have replaced the OACB & PRCB simultaneously after checking the OACB to PRCB wire harness for continuity & checking for shorts to ground (per KM resolution).

I reflashed fw except for PRCB - there is no power on any of the power pins so that one fails.
(Both ADU & Process carriage were pulled out / disconnected to eliminate them as points of failure)

The service manual is not clear on whether or not the PRCB should have 5V ( or other V's) before SW2 turns on but SW2 (which connects to the PRCB) does initiate the startup process.
OACB (& the other boards on the left side) are getting 5V from DCPS/1 but no Voltages are detected that go to the PRCB power pins.

My question is: should there be any Voltages on the PRCB power pins (CN131 & 132 on the right side) when the main switch is on but sub switch SW2 still off.
If there should be then I will assume a DCPS/1 issue. (I am currently trying to locate a DCPS/1 to test.)
Check on PRCB if icp 23 is broken. He is responsible for the 5 Volt line at PRCB. If ok, check voltage on DCPS sources

Walterj
09-17-2019, 08:46 AM

Good Day
Dear
I hope this helps
1. Check the connection of CN130 (Printer control board) and CN215 (Overall control board) and wiring between the connectors. If any problem is found, correct it.
2. Check ICP23 on the Printer control board to see if it is OPEN. If so, replace the problem board.
3. If the cause could not be specified by the above steps, replace the parts in the following order.
Printer control board
Overall control board

Choclit007
09-17-2019, 06:37 PM
ICP23 is good - there is no voltage to blow it

Harness was checked for continuity & shorts
OACB & PRCB have been replaced

There is no voltage on the DCPS/1 power connectors for PRCB

KM tech support called yest to say they had an old resolution where HV/2 caused this code.
I'm looking at that now but HV/2 gets power from DCPS/4.
Going to try unplugging other boards to see if PRCB will power up.

Choclit007
09-20-2019, 10:03 PM
No results from unplugging power connections that do not go to PRCB or OACB.
Ordered Power board & now PRCB lights up & copier boots to ready.

Now I get jam code J1709 - after initial investigation it looks like the loop rollers are not turning.
Might have CBD issue maybe blown ICP's. All the sensors test good.

Choclit007
10-07-2019, 06:49 PM
Solution: replacement DCPS/1 restored power to PRCB eliminating that code. Then had to replace Conveyance Drive Board because Loop & Reg rollers would not turn on. Also getting a scanner home sensor code not caused by the PRCB (because I tested 2 diff boards). The customer does not care about fixing that so the ADF cables are unplugged & Machine is now able to print.

So appears that 2+ boards went at the same time.

Post Repair Comments:
PRCB shows no Voltage on the 2 power connectors while SW2 is off & Main SW is on.
There is 5V on the SW2 connector on the PRCB though.

Custom Search