PDA

View Full Version : Remote Access to Service Menu

Custom Search

Gaffers01
09-17-2019, 04:51 PM
We have a machine that is a 5 hour drive to get there,
I have been told i need to go sometime this week as the C308 no longer connects to our CS Remote Care server.

Is there a way of connecting to the Service Menu from a remote location ?

I can access a PC at the customers if that helps.

bsm2
09-17-2019, 05:03 PM
Did you have customer unplug copier for 30 seconds and than restart.
Did customer make any network changes IE change ISP , router etc.......

Gaffers01
09-17-2019, 05:16 PM
We have 3 machines on site all in the same office/room all were working fine until last week.

They had a network failure and replaced there Switch and Router so we had a engineer go and setup all network and cs remote care but this machine still hasn't connected
and its been passed over to me now. I Just dont fancy driving for 10hours just to change a miss spelt setting:mad:

guitar9199
09-17-2019, 06:26 PM
We have 3 machines on site all in the same office/room all were working fine until last week.

They had a network failure and replaced there Switch and Router so we had a engineer go and setup all network and cs remote care but this machine still hasn't connected
and its been passed over to me now. I Just dont fancy driving for 10hours just to change a miss spelt setting:mad:

New Router usually means new IP addresses. Was the engineer network savvy enough to know to put the copier on an IP address that's OUTSIDE the DHCP range to avoid an IP Conflict?

Can you connect directly to the copier with your laptop using a crossover cable?

If the machine is on the network but they still can't connect, in all likelihood remoting in won't help you. I doubt you'd be able to browse to the user interface if it's not connecting.

tsbservice
09-17-2019, 07:03 PM
If you have Remote panel setup and connected you can actually access machine panel remotely and enter CE mode like you are on site. Then check CSRC settings etc.
Worth small fees to KonMin for use it especially for far away customers.
This is on theory as I haven't used Remote panel so far.

bsm2
09-17-2019, 07:10 PM

Most likely the gateway changed , without the right gateway no outbound messaging or email

Printing would work if ip was the same and scan to folder only email would be effected or outbound messaging

You should be able to do a remote and login to copier and check the ip settings

allan
09-17-2019, 08:11 PM
Next time you are there setup remote panel on there local network then use anydesk or teamviewer from one of there PC's.
Have done that before, don't ask me how now its not that difficult, just enable on machine and then use a specific URL to access the machine.
So may be someone here has the procedure to enable remote panel. Does not need a KM server to work that much i know. Its free.

Are you using a local CSRC server or one of them German ones?

srvctec
09-17-2019, 10:26 PM
Setting up remote panel is easy. Of course, I have a write up for that, too. :cool: Made the write up for customer's IT departments to follow if they want to set it up since we had one customer (our largest customer) request the feature so they could set all parameters on each control panel identical on remote machines.

Copied and pasted from my write up:

Bizhub Remote Panel Access Instructions
(only for 4 non-e series and later models and only if enhanced security is enabled in service mode)

1) Access your bizhub via the web interface (PageScope Web Connection, using the IP address of
the mfp) and log into the administrator mode using your administrator password by clicking on “To
Login Screen” in the upper right (to logout of Public Mode). The password is ******** unless
your organization has set their own admin password.

2) Click on the Security tab (Green tab at top on 4, 4e, & 7 series machines and on the left for the 8
series) to create & install a new self-signed certificate, unless one already exists. Fill in all the
blanks with something and set the validity period to 3650. Click OK and OK again after
completed is displayed.

3) Click on “SSL Setting” and click on the drop down for “Mode using SSL/TLS” and choose “Admin
Mode”. Leave everything else here set to default. Click OK and on the next screen, choose
Advanced and then click proceed even though it says unsafe.

4) Click on “Certificate Verification Settings” and on the drop down, choose OFF to prevent the
warning message from appearing.

5) To turn on the remote panel option, click on the Network tab (Yellow tab at the top on 4, 4e, & 7
series machines and on the left for the 8 series). Click on “Remote Panel Settings” and then
“Remote Panel Server Settings”. On the drop down for “Server Setting”, choose “ON”. Click OK
and OK again after completed is displayed.

6) Click Logout at the top of the page.

7) Enter this address in your browser to access the control panel of your bizhub, changing
“ipaddress” to the IP address of your machine: https://ipaddress:50443/panel/top.html

8) Once you have the Remote Panel up in your browser, be sure to click on “Unlock” in the upper
right and then OK on the screen, so the end user will not see the popup on the screen and can
continue using it. Clicking on any of the Remote Panel buttons will get the same results as if you
were standing at the machine. If there is a person at the machine, they will see you clicking on
the buttons in real time except in utility mode (but will still see the menus you are accessing). If a
person at the machine taps on any buttons, you will not see it live but clicking on the “Refresh”
button in the upper right will show the state of the screen at that moment.

9) When finished with the Remote Panel session, be sure to click on “Exit” in the upper right. The
next screen will show a dialog: Exit Remote Panel with an OK button displayed. Clicking on OK
does nothing since you already exited out of the session.

10)To see a video of the above instructions, go here: YouTube (https://youtu.be/cfmVWEdDZ-g)

rrrohan
09-18-2019, 05:23 AM
you can also TeamViewer onto users PC and check CSRC via the web page http://IP/csrc_index.html

but like others said its prob nothing to do with CSRC and a DNS/Gateway issue

but if your using remote panel hosted by machine the link to access it is https://IP:50443/panel/top.html (took me a while to figure out that link first time i used it)

Custom Search