PDA

View Full Version : unable to ping and pr1nt (posted on behalf of copiernerd)

Custom Search

Synthohol
09-18-2019, 07:46 PM
Can't use the word print in the title which still makes no sense to me. VB is defective!

Anyway here is his post that can be responded to.

Bizhub c224e.

I have assigned manual IP but it is not printing neither pinging. Not even taking IP from DHCP when i turn on auto obtain option in network settings. When i plug the same cable in laptop it picks IP and get connected with the network and if i change the IP in laptop manually it pings and connects but when i plug it back to machine. It stops. No print no ping. Light color is green and orange. Quick IP filtering is set to No filtering. I have checked all the options. Could not find any clue or reason of this sudden no connectivity. Everything was going well.

If i connect it with other network it picks IP via DHCP quickly and starts printing. It may be network security problem?

What the hell is going on here? can any one tell?

Thanks

Synthohol
09-18-2019, 07:48 PM
Turn off wireless on your laptop, manually assign a wired IP and retest.
I've been fooled by connectivity via wifi.
Hook direct to copier and ping and print.
Let us know.

darry1322
09-18-2019, 07:53 PM
Can't use the word print in the title which still makes no sense to me. VB is defective!

Bizhub c224e.

I have assigned manual IP but it is not printing neither pinging. Not even taking IP from DHCP when i turn on auto obtain option in network settings. When i plug the same cable in laptop it picks IP and get connected with the network and if i change the IP in laptop manually it pings and connects but when i plug it back to machine. It stops. No print no ping. Light color is green and orange. Quick IP filtering is set to No filtering. I have checked all the options. Could not find any clue or reason of this sudden no connectivity. Everything was going well.

If i connect it with other network it picks IP via DHCP quickly and starts printing. It may be network security problem?

Thanks

You might try setting network speed of the MFP manually instead of auto negotiate. I have seen this cause a loss of network connectivity if the drop was a little flaky.

qbert69
09-18-2019, 08:25 PM

Bizhub c224e.

ThanksCrossover cable direct to machine from your laptop with all manual configuration then go from there. If wireless on laptop be sure you are not using the guest wifi and that there are not two routers on the network and your laptop is on the downstream router. [emoji41][emoji1303] if all else fails, you should be able to do a network settings clear from service mode.

Sent from my SM-N950U1 using Tapatalk

slimslob
09-18-2019, 08:33 PM

You can you the work print in the title. You just cannot put it at the end of the title. Example:
"MFP cannot print" as a title will cause most browsers to open the thread in "print mode" which prevents replying.
"Cannot print from MFP" has no problem

tsbservice
09-18-2019, 09:08 PM
You can you the work print in the title. You just cannot put it at the end of the title. Example:
"MFP cannot print" as a title will cause most browsers to open the thread in "print mode" which prevents replying.
"Cannot print from MFP" has no problem

I bet he knows that, Synt is dedicated member just like you... and me.

Synthohol
09-18-2019, 09:51 PM
lol, past few years ive seen too many "printable" threads, ill just repost for them when i see it.
i was a mod and admin of a watercooling/overclocking website and we never had that issue with BB/vB.
sounds like a flag is tick'd somewhere in the admin CP. who knows.

blackcat4866
09-19-2019, 12:57 AM
Perhaps your network is seriously locked down. I've been on bank networks that allow only URLs starting with the bank's website, all others are blocked, and DHCP shut off. I've also seen Java blocked. Go the crossover route to test out the functionality. Then it's in their hands.

Also watch for multiple wireless routers. So, let's say Jimmy brings in a wireless router and plugs it in unsecured in the office for his own convenience. Now when a wireless laptop comes within range it might connect to router A or might connect to router B. If the printer is on the network with wireless router A, you'll never find that printer on wireless router B. I've spent a good bit of time scratching my head over this.

Also check to see if you've got a class C address. I've been in environments that DHCP is intentionally shut off, and addresses are specifically assigned. At the time I had no understanding of class C addresses, so I was attempting to assign an address outside the acceptable range. Another head scratcher.
=^..^=

qbert69
09-19-2019, 01:04 AM
Perhaps your network is seriously locked down. I've been on bank networks that allow only URLs starting with the bank's website, all others are blocked, and DHCP shut off. I've also seen Java blocked. Go the crossover route to test out the functionality. Then it's in their hands.

Also watch for multiple wireless routers. So, let's say Jimmy brings in a wireless router and plugs it in unsecured in the office for his own convenience. Now when a wireless laptop comes within range it might connect to router A or might connect to router B. If the printer is on the network with wireless router A, you'll never find that printer on wireless router B. I've spent a good bit of time scratching my head over this.

Also check to see if you've got a class C address. I've been in environments that DHCP is intentionally shut off, and addresses are specifically assigned. At the time I had no understanding of class C addresses, so I was attempting to assign an address outside the acceptable range. Another head scratcher.
=^..^=And perhaps IP Addresses are filtered & allowed/ disallowed via MAC ID# of the device(s) on the network!!![emoji15]...I've seen that methodology before too!

blackcat4866
09-19-2019, 01:21 AM
And perhaps IP Addresses are filtered & allowed/ disallowed via MAC ID# of the device(s) on the network!!![emoji15]...I've seen that methodology before too!

Is this a "White List"?

qbert69
09-19-2019, 03:40 AM
Is this a "White List"?I believe so, of MAC ID's which specifically get paired up with specific IP ADDRESSES and if a MAC ID is not in the registered lookup table it is either blocked or assigned a different IP address & subnet range so as not to "stomp" on the "managed" network. Basically a "managed" DHCP scenario via MAC ID if that makes sense. I've only been in a couple of situations where the IT Administrator did this. Overall it makes complete sense!!![emoji6][emoji1303]

slimslob
09-19-2019, 06:48 AM
I believe so, of MAC ID's which specifically get paired up with specific IP ADDRESSES and if a MAC ID is not in the registered lookup table it is either blocked or assigned a different IP address & subnet range so as not to "stomp" on the "managed" network. Basically a "managed" DHCP scenario via MAC ID if that makes sense. I've only been in a couple of situations where the IT Administrator did this. Overall it makes complete sense!!![emoji6][emoji1303]

My daughter and I use MAC filtering on our home routers. Only White Listed MACs are allowed to connect. That way neighborhood kids can't use our routers. I does mean editing the table ever time I get a new device.

FYI, my daughter has a PHD in Computer Science and is the current Computer Science and Engineering Chair at Cal State University Bakersfield.

qbert69
09-19-2019, 01:39 PM
My daughter and I use MAC filtering on our home routers. Only White Listed MACs are allowed to connect. That way neighborhood kids can't use our routers. I does mean editing the table ever time I get a new device.

FYI, my daughter has a PHD in Computer Science and is the current Computer Science and Engineering Chair at Cal State University Bakersfield.AWESOME!!!...I would LOVE to be a "fly on the wall" of her workplace!!! Here is an intensely interesting website you both might fascinating!!![emoji41][emoji1303]

www.opdeepstate.com

CopierNerd
09-19-2019, 04:23 PM

Bizhub c224e.

Thanks

Thank you very much for posting this thread on my behalf. I have been told this before but i forgot.

Well. I would like to thank all the experts for sharing their experiences and suggestions.
I have initialized Network settings from Service Mode.
Mac binding is not done. There are other two printers working beside. If i plug cable of this machine into another printer and assign the same IP address manually then it prints and ping. But if i plug other printer's cable into this machine with their different IP, this damn MFP do not print and ping. This is quite strange. It means there is no mac binding no network securities involved.

Synthohol
09-19-2019, 05:44 PM
Why don't you try eliminating the network altogether assign a manual IP to your laptop that say one number off from The copier plug into The copier no crossover cable needed just a regular cable is fine and see if you could ping it printed pull up the webpage we need to eliminate the network as the cause first best way to do that is just a direct connection between laptop and copy machine let us know

slimslob
09-19-2019, 05:54 PM
Thank you very much for posting this thread on my behalf. I have been told this before but i forgot.

Well. I would like to thank all the experts for sharing their experiences and suggestions.
I have initialized Network settings from Service Mode.
Mac binding is not done. There are other two printers working beside. If i plug cable of this machine into another printer and assign the same IP address manually then it prints and ping. But if i plug other printer's cable into this machine with their different IP, this damn MFP do not print and ping. This is quite strange. It means there is no mac binding no network securities involved.

If IEEE 802.11 is enabled in User Tools, it will prevent the network jack from working. IEEE 802.11 is only used when Ricoh's POS internal wireless is used or when certain high security authentication is utilized. In either it turns off normal operation of the network jack.

Custom Search