the pickup wheels just spin on the paper without any traction

I replaced

A3CFPP6V00 Pick-Up Roller Assy
A3CFPP7000 Gear Assy
A3CFPP4G00 Cover Assy (sep pad)
A3CFPP4H00 Roller Assy (sep roller)

Still same fault

If i put pressure on the shaft that pickup rollers are on it works perfectly

Even putting pressure on the adf lid doesnt help and i also double checked the hooks that hold it closed.

I not sure what else could be causing it to do this

copyman
09-20-2019, 02:58 AM
Wow! I must say you left no stone unturned and replaced everything possible. I have been replacing the ribbed pick up rollers anytime replacing the rollers. Because the pink rollers wear faster I was only replacing them and pickup's maybe every other time. Then I started to get imtermittent misfeeds / jams so now replace ribbed P/U rollers everytime. You covered that by replacing the whole p/u assembly. Was there a small washer then e-clip on the feed clutch / gear assy. If not I would put one on. I have seen some DF-624 & 701 have these washers and some don't. Only thing I can think of right now. If anything else comes to mind I'll post it.

blackcat4866
09-21-2019, 02:47 AM
What jam codes? =^..^=

Grey
09-24-2019, 04:59 AM
One way clutches are spinning on the drive shafts!

Take apart the feed unit and look at the shafts where the drive clutches are.

Dress off the shiny chrome areas with a green scrubby pot scrubber, very fine 1000 grade sand paper or steel wool.

One ways are the small white or black plastic thimble size units on the shaft that spin in one direction and lock and drive in
the other direction.

Grey

rrrohan
09-24-2019, 05:44 AM
I ruled out the feed assy by putting in a 2nd hand one.

i would have to be very unlucky to have grabbed another dodgy one with exact same issue from our scrap yard but i guess its not impossible

Grey
09-24-2019, 05:56 AM
Very common situation with this model.

Have a quick look, easy to fix.

Grey

rrrohan
09-24-2019, 10:18 AM
quick look at what? are you saying im missing something obvious?

Grey
09-24-2019, 03:20 PM
Not obvious.

Take apart everything off of the shafts.

You will see shiny chrome surfaces where the one ways are slipping and not grabbing do to wear.

Burnish areas with steel wool to get a "normal" surface again.

You cannot see this unless you take it all apart.

Love Monica Kinoltas!

Grey

copyman
09-24-2019, 04:44 PM
quick look at what? are you saying im missing something obvious?

What the poster is saying is to scuff up the shafts where the one way clutches contact shaft. Anyone working on Kon/Min knows or should know this common issue with jamming. Started doing it with the Biz C253, etc.

But not sure that's your problem. Think I read you replaced the whole feed assy with a new one and even tried another from scrap machine. I would rule out scuffing up the shafts if you tried a new unit and still jammed. A brand new assembly isn't going to need the shaft scuffed up. Does the new feed assy come with the white clutch on end of shaft?

Did you swap the whole top cover from another machine? That would eliminate everything with rollers, clutches, etc.

tsbservice
09-24-2019, 05:52 PM
rrrohan, do the basics first and post jam code. When there's problem with paper jams error code ALWAYS is handy. In your case I'm with Grey those oneways are so cheap in both terms of quality and price. My friend is in habit every time he's changing rollers with them he change oneways in sight.

rrrohan
09-25-2019, 05:13 AM
jam code was 66-02

What the poster is saying is to scuff up the shafts where the one way clutches contact shaft. Anyone working on Kon/Min knows or should know this common issue with jamming. Started doing it with the Biz C253, etc.

But not sure that's your problem. Think I read you replaced the whole feed assy with a new one and even tried another from scrap machine. I would rule out scuffing up the shafts if you tried a new unit and still jammed. A brand new assembly isn't going to need the shaft scuffed up. Does the new feed assy come with the white clutch on end of shaft?

Did you swap the whole top cover from another machine? That would eliminate everything with rollers, clutches, etc.

yeah i know about the shaft needing a clean but i didnt bother as replaced it first with a 2nd hand feed assy then a brand new one

that white gear was the first think i replaced but in the past the only problem ive seen with a bad gear is the pickup rollers to retracting back to home position.

i swapped the entire DF701 and that fixed issue.

but on a side note. i use to always need to clean shafts where clutches sit on C360 and prior but i havent had to do that on the newer range. maybe i just got lucky

copyman
09-25-2019, 06:47 PM
jam code was 66-02

yeah i know about the shaft needing a clean but i didnt bother as replaced it first with a 2nd hand feed assy then a brand new one

that white gear was the first think i replaced but in the past the only problem ive seen with a bad gear is the pickup rollers to retracting back to home position.

i swapped the entire DF701 and that fixed issue.

but on a side note. i use to always need to clean shafts where clutches sit on C360 and prior but i havent had to do that on the newer range. maybe i just got lucky

You are correct about the newer machines "4" series and onward not needing to scuff up the shafts. Haven't had to do it much lately now that I think about it. Heck I basically been taking the paper drawers out and reaching up into machine and changing just the 3 rollers. Good for another 100-200K before rollers get worn. When I had a lot of the C253's and the few I have left I automatically squirted the mag clutches with elec cleaner or alcohol and blew off with air while spinning the clutch gear, scuff up shafts, put on new one ways and rollers. I'll take anything that makes it easier!

Custom Search