PDA

View Full Version : Anyone else noticed the current batch of A161R71433 2nd transfer rollers are garbage?

Custom Search

EarthKmTech
09-20-2019, 12:52 PM
Having to reuse second hand original rollers as the new ones are producing prints full of 2nd transfer holes.

You can improve it by setting manual transfer fine adjust to extreme minus extent but this is unacceptable.

It seems to have started with the extra "stinky" rollers we are now getting, you will know what i'm talking about when you open them up. They must be coming from a different facility.

Example attached.

Brand new rollers produce the crap in the top of image. Old original roller reinstalled produces the perfect quality (just like the machine was before attending) on the lower page.

I'm currently resetting old rollers with new belts because I cannot leave the machine looking like this.

srvctec
09-20-2019, 09:21 PM
I did notice that issue but not the stink. KM cheapening out on us again?

copyman
09-20-2019, 11:34 PM
Having to reuse second hand original rollers as the new ones are producing prints full of 2nd transfer holes.

You can improve it by setting manual transfer fine adjust to extreme minus extent but this is unacceptable.

It seems to have started with the extra "stinky" rollers we are now getting, you will know what i'm talking about when you open them up. They must be coming from a different facility.

Example attached.

Brand new rollers produce the crap in the top of image. Old original roller reinstalled produces the perfect quality (just like the machine was before attending) on the lower page.

I'm currently resetting old rollers with new belts because I cannot leave the machine looking like this.

Good tip thanks. Could it be there is a coating or something that needs to run for awhile? I know they use yellow toner on transfer roller & blade on new machines. Yellow toner is suppose to have the most lubricant out of all the colors. Don't think I've had to replace the 2nd trans roller in a long time on any of the "4" series. And now that I hear this hope I don't have to !!

By the way this is exactly why I don't replace these PM items at Kon/Min set counts. I reset life counter and walk out the door. Even my charge customers I do the same thing. I've learned after 40+ years in this Biz, if all is working good leave well enough alone. I'm talking about small to mid size copiers. Of course I believe in PM's for production models, etc
One of the worse things in this biz is when you try and do everything right doing PM according to OEM schedule, $1,000 parts + labor and after done machine is worse then before PM!

Custom Search