PDA

View Full Version : CD011 Error on Bizhub C368

Custom Search

Xer0615
09-20-2019, 05:02 PM
Sorry to come to you folks with such a basic question. I am a Kyocera trained technician, but my employer has quite a few Konica's in our fleet.

One of our customers has come up with a CD011 Error, at first a trouble restart fixed the issue but it has since resurfaced.

I have already researched the nature of the code to find out it means the "hard disk is out of spec"; which I am taking to mean that the hard drive is failing, needs replaced.

I have found video instructions, as well as a service manual, so the physical act of changing the hard drive seems like it will be breeze.

But I have two questions that I can't seem to get an answer to:

A) Will any laptop-form-factor hard drive be acceptable for this particular machine? does the capacity, read/write speed matter?

B) Will it require both a logical format (through the admin controls) as well as a physical format (via the service mode) if it is a brand new hard drive?

Synthohol
09-20-2019, 05:10 PM
If you're installing a brand new hard drive just put it in and do a logical format if it's a used Drive plug it into a computer remove all the partitions create a new Partition do NOT format it in the PC. and then install into copier and also do a logical format hard drive size should be a minimum of 250 gb but a 320 is recommended as that's the normal size of the original.
Western digital is recommended but I he had success with Hitachi

copier tech
09-20-2019, 05:35 PM
Sorry to come to you folks with such a basic question. I am a Kyocera trained technician, but my employer has quite a few Konica's in our fleet.

One of our customers has come up with a CD011 Error, at first a trouble restart fixed the issue but it has since resurfaced.

I have already researched the nature of the code to find out it means the "hard disk is out of spec"; which I am taking to mean that the hard drive is failing, needs replaced.

I have found video instructions, as well as a service manual, so the physical act of changing the hard drive seems like it will be breeze.

But I have two questions that I can't seem to get an answer to:

A) Will any laptop-form-factor hard drive be acceptable for this particular machine? does the capacity, read/write speed matter?

B) Will it require both a logical format (through the admin controls) as well as a physical format (via the service mode) if it is a brand new hard drive?

We've seen this issue multiple times now especially on the early 8 series.

Error points to the HDD however 99% of the time machine needs the SATA firmware updating. (see link)

https://mega.nz/#!hQUUBAoK!o0D1MSUd5ScxW_cD9qw666SRkmmPPhpz-eCSyFiGEzs

Brett GS
09-20-2019, 08:16 PM
Had a c368 and c258 doing this,changed hdd's and after a few hours coded again.
Both times i needed to replace the mfp board.

copier tech
09-21-2019, 10:37 AM
Had a c368 and c258 doing this,changed hdd's and after a few hours coded again.
Both times i needed to replace the mfp board.

Yeah it can be any of those as this code is a bit generic however that bulletin has helped us out multiple times.

Custom Search