PDA

View Full Version : Km C6000 Jam Code J-3102

Custom Search

Z20LEH
09-23-2019, 09:20 PM
Evening all , Im looking for advice on this jam code J-3102 , the lead reg is out by about 50mm , I presuming this is the cause of my jam code , I did a factory reset on all reset timing , replaced the fuser plus the transfer belt & roller , I also replaced both registration sensors still no change, I also swapped the registration motor plus the ADU driver board , it happening from all trays on 80gsm to 300gsm face up or down , firmware was also updated
Any help would be greatly appreciated

Synthohol
09-23-2019, 10:53 PM
usually the 3 white one way gears and shaft need to be replaced in the fuser gearbox.

During operation: The fusing paper exit sensor
(PS17) does not turn ON within a specified
period of time after the registration motor (M30)

take the cover off the front of the fuser and pay close attention to its operation.
the motor spins one way to apply fuser pressure through a one way gear(s), then spins the opposite way to drive the fuser and spins the other white gear(s) i dont recall which direction uses the 2 gears.

or maybe your exit actuator gets stuck?

Z20LEH
09-24-2019, 07:16 AM
I did replace the these white one way gears all three of them ,I also replace the actuator & sensor for the reversal exit section ,the problem still remains, I'm going back to this machine this morning with a printer driver board & a complete transport unit ,the problem is when I test these sensors & clutches in I/O mode everything seems fine

raplma
09-24-2019, 08:10 AM
We had this on two of our machines c5501 and c6501 - whose fuser is very similar to the c6000/c7000.
The cause in the first is what you have done, actuator tips excessively worn and an intermittent sensor failure when the unit got up to working temperature, worked fine when cool.
Check the fixing drive shaft(s) (e.g. A03U 7258 00 - part 40-36) for polishing. The clutches eventually polish the shaft to the point that even new clutches in the gears slip ever so slightly on the shaft giving your code.
We initially used a very fine emery paper to take the shine off and get the machine running, then later replaced the shaft.

Arcadian
03-18-2020, 02:17 AM
We had this on two of our machines c5501 and c6501 - whose fuser is very similar to the c6000/c7000.
The cause in the first is what you have done, actuator tips excessively worn and an intermittent sensor failure when the unit got up to working temperature, worked fine when cool.
Check the fixing drive shaft(s) (e.g. A03U 7258 00 - part 40-36) for polishing. The clutches eventually polish the shaft to the point that even new clutches in the gears slip ever so slightly on the shaft giving your code.
We initially used a very fine emery paper to take the shine off and get the machine running, then later replaced the shaft.

that C-3102, not the J-3102.

the J is something else.

i have the same issue, 8.5x11 runs fine, but if i run 12x18 it gives the error.

only in duplexing on the 12x18, single side runs just fine, and while the 8.5x11 duplexing run just fine. no errors.

hows that for a pickle.

any help?

methogod
03-18-2020, 06:22 AM
Evening all , Im looking for advice on this jam code J-3102 , the lead reg is out by about 50mm , I presuming this is the cause of my jam code , I did a factory reset on all reset timing , replaced the fuser plus the transfer belt & roller , I also replaced both registration sensors still no change, I also swapped the registration motor plus the ADU driver board , it happening from all trays on 80gsm to 300gsm face up or down , firmware was also updated
Any help would be greatly appreciated

How many on meter?

lead reg is off by 50mm ? not clear if this is a second issues? two problems?

do any sheets make it out before jam? are we talking 1 or 1 jam, or 1 in 100?

Arcadian
03-18-2020, 06:53 AM
How many on meter?

lead reg is off by 50mm ? not clear if this is a second issues? two problems?

do any sheets make it out before jam? are we talking 1 or 1 jam, or 1 in 100?

thanks for replying

well first sheet its stops right before the fuser flag. at first i thought it was a clutch, change the two thar drives the adu duplexer. but then the 8.5x11 comes out okay, its only when i run 12 x 18 paper, it was wierd. also only happens when duplexing on 12 x 18.

duplexing on 8.5 x 11 comes out okay.

the machine has about 3 million clicks

Ive already changed the clutch in the feeder area, and also try feeding from a different tray same results on 12 x 18. the image looks like the paper was slowing down, because the image on the back side was on the wrong side, its possible its binder in the ADU. but gives a J-3101 and sometime a J-3102.

Thanks again

methogod
03-18-2020, 06:58 AM
thanks for replying

well first sheet its stops right before the fuser flag. at first i thought it was a clutch, change the two thar drives the adu duplexer. but then the 8.5x11 comes out okay, its only when i run 12 x 18 paper, it was wierd. also only happens when duplexing on 12 x 18.

duplexing on 8.5 x 11 comes out okay.

the machine has about 3 million clicks

Ive already changed the clutch in the feeder area, and also try feeding from a different tray same results on 12 x 18. the image looks like the paper was slowing down, because the image on the back side was on the wrong side, its possible its binder in the ADU. but gives a J-3101 and sometime a J-3102.

Thanks again

kinda hijacking his thread....

are you getting a J code or C code?

Arcadian
03-18-2020, 04:19 PM
kinda hijacking his thread....

are you getting a J code or C code?

i am getting the J as in Jay code

thanks

Deon Geldenhuys
04-01-2021, 04:08 AM
Hi, I am having this same issue, on the same model. Can anyone please tell me if the problem was solved and what the cause was?

Thanks

Arcadian
04-01-2021, 04:28 AM
Hi, I am having this same issue, on the same model. Can anyone please tell me if the problem was solved and what the cause was?

Thanks

i found the issue, its was the clutch just right before entering the ADU, you have to remove the high cap feeder, its called VERTICAL CONVEYANCE SECTION.

theres a clutch 56AA 8201 2 PAPER FEED DRIVING CLUTCH

says its MC13

i replaced that, all issue went away, its the hard to find clutches which gives issues if they are hard or do not stop moving then they need to be replaced.

good luck

Deon Geldenhuys
04-01-2021, 05:01 AM
Thanks for the help Arcadian, will try it first thing.

Robin (ACS Collective)
10-25-2023, 01:18 PM
also getting j-3102 on our C6000. Already changed the gears but now returns.
I got the clutch but even with the assembly drawing I am like blind looking for the place.
(in the manual I got at hand its P 73 and CL13)
Happy for any hint
o.O

---------

edit:
got the place..... let's see.....

Robin (ACS Collective)
10-25-2023, 06:08 PM
So far I didn't swap MC13 because before disassembling LU-202 I found out the following by coincidence:

When printing 80g/mē I get J-3102 no matter if A5 / A4 and 4/4, 4/0, 1/0
Now I tried 120g/mē A4 and it works even with 4/4.
Do you still think it was something to do with

MC13

or on the other hand

A03U809500 / A03U809311 (the fuser gears) ?

Are there other explanations?

Custom Search