PDA

View Full Version : Bizhub C754 toner level incorrect value display

Custom Search

Avind
09-24-2019, 12:29 PM
Hello, I have a C754 that's not reading the correct toner values in the cartridge, just changed the toner bottle and still shows near empty or empty and asks to change it again after a short while. What should I check/clean/change?

copyman
09-24-2019, 04:51 PM
Did you wait until machine stopped and you had no choice but to install toner? If you do it any sooner there's a possibility it will not register the levels correctly. No worries there are other ways the machine monitors toner so it will run until all toner is used. Next time wait until machine stops before replacing toner. Do NOT rely on the gas gauge style indicators on the screen! There are just to give an idea of levels but are very inaccurate.

Hopefully not using aftermarket / generic toner.

CompyTech
09-24-2019, 09:19 PM
Had this before. Usually its one of the toner chip contact pins on the machine is bent.

Avind
09-24-2019, 10:54 PM
Did you wait until machine stopped and you had no choice but to install toner? If you do it any sooner there's a possibility it will not register the levels correctly. No worries there are other ways the machine monitors toner so it will run until all toner it used. Next time wait until machine stops before replacing toner. Do NOT rely on the gas gauge style indicators on the screen! There are just to give an idea of levels but are very inaccurate.

Hopefully not using aftermarket / generic toner.

Yes the toner is original, and I did wait until it prompted me for a new cartridge, I know that it should work even if the if the display indicator is not accurate, as long as toner goes to the IU all should be well, but that's just the thing, after some time it drops from low to empty and asks me for a new cartridge, and the one inside is almost full.

copyman
09-24-2019, 11:54 PM
Thanks for the additional information and makes it more clear. All I can tell you is out of the 20 Biz C654/754 I service all of them have toner level issues at one point or another.

There was a firmware to reset toner levels back to 100% but think this was used after all toners showing empty. I forget what caused them to all show empty but the F/W would fix.

If someone confirms this F/W can help you I'm sure someone will send it to you if you make a small donation to this website.

copyman
09-25-2019, 12:38 AM
Thanks for the additional information and makes it more clear. All I can tell you is out of the 20 Biz C654/754 I service all of them have toner level issues at one point or another.

There was a firmware to reset toner levels back to 100% but think this was used after all toners showing empty. I forget what caused them to all show empty but the F/W would fix.

If someone confirms this F/W can help you I'm sure someone will send it to you if you make a small contribution to this website.

rrrohan
09-25-2019, 04:43 AM
i dont think it was firmware it was a Engine DipSwitch

bizhubber
09-27-2019, 02:56 PM
I've had a few 4/4e models where the toner cartridge holder (A00J407500) gets weak and the cartridge will not stay seated firmly. Install toner everything looks great, come back later and toner cartridge is not fully seated. I wedge a piece of rubber from old pf roller above holder until the weak holder can get replaced.

Synthohol
09-27-2019, 04:32 PM
Make sure the hopper is filling up.
Slide the cover and look inside. You shouldn't see the augers as the hopper should be full.

What I've done is remove the bottle and run halftone test patterns until it runs out in the hopper.
Then it asks for toner, insert bottle and recheck gauge as it should be full now.

allan
09-27-2019, 07:56 PM

If someone confirms this F/W can help you I'm sure someone will send it to you if you make a small contribution to this website.

Test the fuse on the chip to check if its blown. If its not then it could be the contacts. If its blown and still not resetting then it must be firmware.

Custom Search