PDA

View Full Version : Bizhub 4050 freezes/locking up

Custom Search

tsbservice
09-25-2019, 05:55 PM
Hi All, as title say I have machine that freezes yesterday and today again. Yesterday I was in a rush for other calls so just jumped in to see what happens.
Sure machine had no responding to any commands/touches/buttons and was completely locked. As a side note they have YSoft SafeQ installed on this.
I have to restart it and pulled power cable, they claimed to did that twice via power switch. After that machine comes to life I checked all operation, checked error history only few of dreaded C-E301 but last one was days ago. Today they called back, while on the phone I asked them to do restart and machine revived again.
I definitely think that have to come back sooner than later with some solutions in mind. For now my plan is to calibrate control panel and do FW update, maybe do HDD format.
Any other ideas will be much appreciated.

K-3
09-25-2019, 07:18 PM
may also be the fax unit or something on the network causing it to lock up.

Bix
09-26-2019, 09:43 AM
It should be a firmware problem.
A few days ago I read a note on C-E301 and SafeQ installed.

3ktlc
09-26-2019, 03:39 PM
We had a couple that kept locking up. Pulled the network line and it would copy. No one could figure it out. Went on for months and finally installed 2 different models. Put these elsewhere and they are working.

tsbservice
09-26-2019, 04:05 PM
We had a couple that kept locking up. Pulled the network line and it would copy. No one could figure it out. Went on for months and finally installed 2 different models. Put these elsewhere and they are working.

Hey 3ktic that is pretty good idea, shame on me I didn't do that. I used that trick before but forgot it.Will stick in my mind for future troubleshooting. As good as I'm today I will be better tomorrow ;)
From what I'm reading it would be FW issue, especially FW MR7 copes with two situations with locked up machine. Will let you know guys.

tsbservice
11-08-2019, 05:57 PM
For the moment HDD format looks to do the job.

leprosydog777
01-08-2021, 05:44 PM
Hi All, as title say I have machine that freezes yesterday and today again. Yesterday I was in a rush for other calls so just jumped in to see what happens.
Sure machine had no responding to any commands/touches/buttons and was completely locked. As a side note they have YSoft SafeQ installed on this.
I have to restart it and pulled power cable, they claimed to did that twice via power switch. After that machine comes to life I checked all operation, checked error history only few of dreaded C-E301 but last one was days ago. Today they called back, while on the phone I asked them to do restart and machine revived again.
I definitely think that have to come back sooner than later with some solutions in mind. For now my plan is to calibrate control panel and do FW update, maybe do HDD format.
Any other ideas will be much appreciated.

you can’t calibrate 4050 op panel

tsbservice
01-08-2021, 05:48 PM
you can’t calibrate 4050 op panel

Better consult with your manual.

blackcat4866
01-09-2021, 01:24 AM

x2 on this one. We had a couple of the Lex-Konica crossbreeds (4052) that locked up when on the network, but instantly started working when the network cable was unplugged. Even internal prints would queue up, but not print until the network cable was removed.

We tried this same group of machines on a couple of different networks without an issue. No other MFP make/model had the issue.

Konica Minolta bizhub 475 error code E301 (https://www.copytechnet.com/forums/konica-minolta/150112-konica-minolta-bizhub-475-error-code-e301-post1537246.html#post1537246)

=^..^=

Cantechman
01-12-2021, 06:11 PM
I had a bad control panel just 2 weeks ago on a 4050 that did basically the same thing. Randomly froze up. Replacing it fixed the problem.

Custom Search